Josuerivera23 gets healthy

This is my first time doing a challenge and I'm super excited! !

My Main Quest is: I wanna build muscle and feel stronger and healthier.

First mission: I am going to eat at least 3000 calories every day with quality foods.
          â— I'm a college student so I'm a little tight on cash. My main goal with this mission is to eat the least amount of                          processed foods possible under my budget while reaching my 3000 calorie goal each day.

Grading: every day per week

A: 3,000 calories or higher

B: 3,000-2,800 calories 

C: 2,800-2,500 calories 

D: 2,500 or less calories

F: I drop out or stop trying

Second mission: exercise on alternating days, in other words 4 times a week.
â—I'm gonna be doing the level 1 Bodyweight training because I don't have any equipment at home. I've always been active but I'm really excited to start working out and stick to it. As a pre med student, I have a busy life and it can be easy to find an excuse so I'm gonna need the support on this one. I'll be working out in the afternoons, about 5:00pm.

Grading: per week

A: 4 times 

B: 3 times

C: 2 times

D: only one

F: I stopped exercising 

Third mission: do a 20-30 min walk/jog every morning.
â—Again, could use the support with this one but I really think this will help with waking me up in the morning and feeling more productive and alert. These walks will be at 7:30 am so that it can fit with my study schedule at the moment.

Grading: every day per week

A: didn't miss a day

B: missed 1 day

B-: missed 2 days

C: missed 3 days

C-: missed 4 days

D: missed 5 days

F: stopped running

• Like 3

Water-Elf Assassin Initiate

[Level: 0 STR ~ | DEX ~ STA ~ | CON ~ | WIS ~ | CHA ~ ]

Come on by - My Challenge Thread

Hello!

I’m Hazard, an ambassador for the Assassin Guild.  It looks like with the Bodyweight training you may have goals similar to many in our guild work on, and we’d love to help you reach your goals!

If you ever have any questions or need help with anything, I'll happily assist you.  An easy way to get my attention is to use the quote button at the bottom right corner of any of my posts.  I have the forum setting turned on to alert me when somebody quotes me using that button, so it's a quick easy way to let me know you're talking to me. :)  You can also get in touch with me by posting on my own challenge topic or by using the forum private messenger system (the envelope button at the very top of the screen).

Here is a link to more information about the Assassin guild.

And here is a link to the Assassin phonebook with a list of various exercises/skills that guild members are working on for this challenge, as well as links to their challenge topics.

There are numerous other people in the Assassin’s guild who you can also get help from.  I recommend stopping by the Assassin's Den – a general chat thread in the guild forum – and introducing yourself.  You can always ask questions there too.

In any case, I’ll stop by from time to time to check in with you and offer support.  Good luck!

• Like 2

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

As a fellow Medic, I completely understand that our time is precious and we can easily use that as an excuse to make unhealthy choices! You aren't alone on that!

• Like 1

Aquatic Elf

Level 2 | STR 0 | DEX 0.5 | STA 1.5 | CON 6 | WIS 6 | CHA 1

Challenges 1 2

Hello!

I’m Hazard, an ambassador for the Assassin Guild.  It looks like with the Bodyweight training you may have goals similar to many in our guild work on, and we’d love to help you reach your goals!

If you ever have any questions or need help with anything, I'll happily assist you.  An easy way to get my attention is to use the quote button at the bottom right corner of any of my posts.  I have the forum setting turned on to alert me when somebody quotes me using that button, so it's a quick easy way to let me know you're talking to me. :)  You can also get in touch with me by posting on my own challenge topic or by using the forum private messenger system (the envelope button at the very top of the screen).

Here is a link to more information about the Assassin guild.

And here is a link to the Assassin phonebook with a list of various exercises/skills that guild members are working on for this challenge, as well as links to their challenge topics.

There are numerous other people in the Assassin’s guild who you can also get help from.  I recommend stopping by the Assassin's Den – a general chat thread in the guild forum – and introducing yourself.  You can always ask questions there too.

In any case, I’ll stop by from time to time to check in with you and offer support.  Good luck!

Thanks a lot!! I actually had seen the Assassins Guild and just posted on the Den! Im so happy to start my challenge and would love for you to come by and keep me in check every once in a while haha 

good luck.  I hope that you're able to get to your goals in between your med school work - it can get quite insane i'm sure, but i am sure you can handle it :D

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Did my first Bodyweight workout, Level 1, yesterday (Im part of the Academy as well, such a good resource to have). I felt really good doing it, to a point where I think I didn't challenge myself enough, I don't have any DOMS today and I haven't exercised in a bit. I'm thinking of challenging myself a little more when I do that workout again, do harder modifications and such. Tomorrow's workout looks promising though so I'm excited!

On the nutrition side I've been doing pretty good, I feel like Im eating constantly to get that calorie goal, I didn't realize how much (quality) food 3000 calories imply haha. I've incorporated snacks into my diet, things like raw almonds, fruits, a PBandJ with whole wheat bread, etc. 

I'm also gonna try the Mini Challenge for the Assassins today after a 20 minute walk/jog. Im starting out my "runs" with walk for 1min then jog 2min and repeat 10 times. Im hoping on increasing that slowly till I can jog for 30 min straight. afterward I'll do the mini challenge

• Like 1

good luck.  I hope that you're able to get to your goals in between your med school work - it can get quite insane i'm sure, but i am sure you can handle it :D

Thanks so much! I'm being ambitious but I feel it's gonna complement each other because working out has always helped me relieve stress so I really think that doing the challenge will relax me and help me be more focused on my studies :)

First week is coming to a close and I am feel ing pretty good. I've been diligent with my nutrition, but I missed one day of workout because I have been moving things to a new apartment (which kinda counts as a workout, I finished the day completely exhausted). I'm all settled in now so tomorrow I can hit the ground running (literally). 

• Like 2

Yea, moving counts as a workout.  Good progress so far - keep it up!!

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Hi there

I started a thread for our accountabilibuddies group The Newbies. Check in when you have time. 

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/49876-team-the-newbies/

How was week 2? Sounds like you're rockin' it. ;)

• Like 1

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

Level: 6

STR 10 | DEX 10 | STA 7.5 | CON 13 | WIS 16.5 | CHA 12.5

Ch. 1 Ch. 2 Ch. 3 | Ch. 4| Ch. 5| Ch. 6Ch. 7Ch. 8

RPG Fanatics

"Make a fray of your own." - E.O. Wilson, Advice to Young Scientists

Hey there, cat got your input device???

ea0aee3ea29cd7de9d25f90259feb758.jpg

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines