Tomosan Trims III - The Tomosan Ultimatum

Tomu-san

I started my last challenge with alliterative verse and then crashed and burned. So I won't be doing that again. Simple prose will have to do.

My main goal for this challenge will be to decrease my body fat percentage from my current 43% to 40%. To do that:

1. Sleep (3 CON/2 CHA): I don't sleep enough, and everything I've read says that if you don't get enough sleep, you get fat. So I'll get a full 8 hours for an average of 5 nights per week (30 nights for the 6 week challenge). Between 4.5 - 5 per week earns an A. Each 3.5 - 4.59 gets a B and so on.
  2. Exercise (3 STR/2 STA): Angry Birds workout, 1x/week for the first 2 weeks, 2X/wk for the second 2 weeks, then 3X/wk for the last 2. I'm grading this pass/fail. I'm also going to try to take a walk each day, but it's too hot (and wet now - Florida's rainy season is in full swing) to do so at lunch, so I'll have to get up early. So this is only going to happen if it doesn't interfere with my sleep quest.
  3. FUS RO DAH! Er, NO SO DAH! (2 CON/3 WIS): No soda for the duration of the challenge, and no artificially-sweetened beverages Monday-Friday. An A for making it with none at all, 6 days/week average gets a B, etc.

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Monday, 9 June –

• Sleep: Got my 8. Went to bed at 11, alarm goes off at 7:15. +1!
  • Exercise: I’ll have to start going to bed and waking up earlier so I can walk in the early mornings. AB workout scheduled for Wednesday.
  • NO SO DAH!: No soda today! +1!

Tuesday, 10 June –

• Sleep: Didn’t get 8 hours. To bed at 11:45, up at 7:15. 0.
  • Exercise: Still have AB workout scheduled for tomorrow.
  • NO SO DAH!: No soda today! +1!

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Maurice Moss

Yaaaayyyy!!!! I can stalk you now! :D

Are you doing a challenge this time? Stalkabout is fair play. (Turnastalk? Stalkaturnabout? Whatever... :) )

• Like 1

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

Lol! Priceless! :D

Yeah, I still haven't got around to updating the link in my sig yet though... I'm hanging out with the Warriors even though my goals are anything BUT warrior-like. I give you fair warning though, my last challenge thread got a teensy bit crazy.... ;)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

To the Updatemobile! 

Wednesday, 11 June:

• Sleep: Nope. Sleep at 12:10, up at 7:35.
  • Exercise: Had intestinal issues today that were... not conducive to squats. At least not the exercise type. Postponing.
  • NO SO DAH!: Check. +1

Thursday, 12 June:

• Sleep: Just barely. Sleep at 11:30, up at 7:35. +1
  • Exercise: Went out to eat after work - all you can eat tacos. Ate moar than I could eat (innards only - no shells). So full. Postponed. :(

Friday, 13 June:

• Sleep: Nope. Sleep at 12:15, up at 7:40.
  • Exercise: No excuse today. Just didn't. Postponing.

Saturday, 14 June:

• Sleep: Yup. Sleep by 1:00, woke at 10:00. Yay weekends!
  • Exercise: Again, no excuse. Just couldn't get my lazy arse moving. :( Postponing.

Sunday, 15 June:

• Sleep: Yay weekends again! Sleep at 2:10, up at 10:30.
  • Exercise: Finally did my workout for the week:
    • Squats: 40 in 3 sets. **
    • Wall pushups: 40 in 1 set. *** On to the next level!
    • Incline pullups: 44 in 2 sets. *** Level up!
    • Plank (elbow/knee): 67 sec. in 1 set. *** Onward!

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

Week 1 recap:

• Sleep: 4 days of 8 hrs. plus. A little under goal, but I can make it up!
  • Exercise: Took me long enough, but finally got to it. Pass for the week.
  • NO SO DAH! +7! I'm starting to think this one may be a little too easy. I may revisit it by the end of next week.
  • Like 2

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

Just bodyweight squats. I'm breaking parallel but I can't quite get ass-to-grass yet.

And I've always had strong legs - just moving me around gives them a workout. :)

• Like 1

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

Nope, haven't been able to get myself to bed earlier. I'm still trying, though.

Monday, 16 June:
  • Sleep: Not even close. I'm such a dirty-stay-up on weekends I couldn't fall asleep on Sunday night until around 1am.
  • Exercise: Angry Birds scheduled for Wednesday
Tuesday, 17 June:
  • Sleep: Yay! Bed at 11:10, alarm went off at 7:15 (but I fell back asleep and got up around 7:40). +1
  • Exercise: Change of plans for this week. Swapping out the AB workout for the Ranger's Week 2 mini. I plan on doing 10 wall pushups, 10 incline pullups and 10 squats morning and night for the next 5 days (I may break that up with a rest day in between). That will give me 100 reps of each, which is more than I was doing in the AB workout.
  • Like 1

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

Nope, haven't been able to get myself to bed earlier. I'm still trying, though.

Monday, 16 June:
  • Sleep: Not even close. I'm such a dirty-stay-up on weekends I couldn't fall asleep on Sunday night until around 1am.

There's so many better things to do than sleep, right?! That's my problem with getting to bed early, I get distracted by reading/internet/tv/shiny things.

The weekends used to be a problem for me too, but now that rugby's in full swing I have to go to bed early on Friday and I'm usually happy to go to bed fairly early on Saturday night cause I'm tired!

One thing that's helped me a bit is setting an alarm an hour before I want to be in bed, so that I know I have to start thinking about getting ready for bed.

• Like 1

Wednesday, 18 June:

• Sleep: Got my 8. In bed at 10:50, up at 7:30! +1!
  • Exercise: 20 wall pushups, 20 incline pullups and 20 squats.
  • Like 1

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

Thursday, 19 June:

• Sleep: No biscuit for me. In bed at 12:10, up at 7:30.

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

Friday, 20 June:

• Sleep: Got my 8. Lights out at 11:10, up at 7:30. +1. Didn't sleep very well, though.

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

Looks like you're taking on some tough changes in this challenge.  Quitting soda is a really tough one because it saps so much of your energy until you get it completely out of your system.  But it is so worth the struggle because you feel amazing once you aren't having it any more.  It looks like you're definitely rocking that part of your challenge.  And you've really bumped up the exercise this week with the mini-challenge that we had so great job on that!  Keep up the good work, I subscribed and will be stalking!

• Like 1

Intro, Challenges:  1, 2

Level: 1   Race: Human  Profession: Ranger

STR: 2  DEX: 1  STA: 1  CON: 1  WIS: 3  CHA: 2

"[i fear] a cage. . . . To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Your mind will quit a hundred times before your body ever does.  Feel the pain and do it anyway"

Saturday, 21 June:

• Sleep: Got my 8. Lights out at 11:00, up at 7:30. +1. 

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

Sunday, 22 June:

• Sleep: Got my 8. Lights out at 12:20, up at 9:45. +1. 
  • Exercise: 30 wall pushups, 30 incline pullups and 30 squats. Did 'em 15 at a pop, just 'cause.
  • Like 1

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

And (drumroll please!) the Week 2 recap:

• Sleep: 5 nights of 8 hrs. plus. A for the week! Still 1 night short total, but I still have time...
  • Exercise: 110 wall pushups, 110 incline pullups and 110 squats. Helped get our shelter built! Back to Angry Birds - 2 workouts due this week!
  • NO SO DAH!: +7. This one is turning out to be easier than I thought (although there was this one time during the week when I was poring a cup for Waifu-sama where I almost finished off the little bit left in the bottle. Caught myself in time. Whew!) So I'm changing it to "No artificially-sweetened beverages Monday-Friday, and NO SO DAH! at all".

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

Keep up the awesome work!  You did great helping build our shelter.  Hopefully that different workout will help you level up in the angry birds workout!  

• Like 1

Intro, Challenges:  1, 2

Level: 1   Race: Human  Profession: Ranger

STR: 2  DEX: 1  STA: 1  CON: 1  WIS: 3  CHA: 2

"[i fear] a cage. . . . To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Your mind will quit a hundred times before your body ever does.  Feel the pain and do it anyway"

You're doing so well with NO SO DAH! Have you noticed that you're feeling different because of it?

I haven't noticed that much of a difference. I think I'm getting less heartburn, but I don't know if it's real or just wishful thinking.

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

Moonday, 23 June:

• Sleep: I don't know how, but I actually managed to get to bed on time Sunday night. Bed at 11:20, up at 7:30! +1. 
  • NO SO DAH!: Nothing but water to drink all day. +1

Tyrsday, 24 June:

• Sleep: Nope. Stayed up until after midnight.. 
  • Exercise: AB workout is scheduled for tomorrow and Saturday this week.
  • NO SO DAH!: Again, naught but good ol' Dihydrogen Monoxide. What can I say, I live dangerously. :) +1

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines