[KitBi12] LVL 0: Ready, Steady, Go!

Salutations, Nerd Fitness community! For the past year, I've been getting healthy on my own. I'm out of the 'danger zone.' But, safe is not enough. No more being stuck (in my head, in my body, in an easy life). I want to be fully present. 

Main Goal: Create a healthy lifestyle; set a baseline. By the end of this, a healthy lifestyle should be second nature. Then, I can focus on pushing my limits instead of remembering them.

I can't expect my body to be high performance without the proper fuel and maintenance. These 6 weeks are a restoration project, tune up, a burn out. After this, I will be ready to go petal to the metal.   

Goal 1: Eat at Nerd Fitness LVL 7 on weekdays. No grains, no liquid dairy, no processed sugar-laden foods. 

Goal 2: Sleep 8 hours every day.

Goal 3: Start with Bodyweight Brigade LVL1 and work my way up (keep to the x3 per week)

Life Quest: It's my goal to have a permanent job in my field, but I'm not 100% in control of that. So, my quest goal my kitchen is going to be spotless. I cannot control how my roommate treats the other rooms, but the kitchen is mine and shall be gloriously shiny.

Motivation: I'm tired of being stuck at camp. I don't want to be nervous and self-conscious and awkward anymore. This challenge should get me comfortable in and familiar with my body. Que the tutorial!

• Like 2

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

Level: 6

STR 10 | DEX 10 | STA 7.5 | CON 13 | WIS 16.5 | CHA 12.5

Ch. 1 Ch. 2 Ch. 3 | Ch. 4| Ch. 5| Ch. 6Ch. 7Ch. 8

RPG Fanatics

"Make a fray of your own." - E.O. Wilson, Advice to Young Scientists

Then, I can focus on pushing my limits instead of remembering them.

This is awesome. I might have to steal it. :ph34r:

Welcome to the party! :)

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Hi, Revolter. Stealing from a LVL 0 assasin shouldn't be too difficult. ;)

Imagine having to reexamine your keyboard/controller every time you started a new game. Yikes! 

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Hello!

I’m Hazard, an ambassador for the Assassin Guild.  I see by your signature that you're an aspiring Assassin, and we’d love to help you reach your goals!

If you ever have any questions or need help with anything, I'll happily assist you.  An easy way to get my attention is to use the quote button at the bottom right corner of any of my posts.  I have the forum setting turned on to alert me when somebody quotes me using that button, so it's a quick easy way to let me know you're talking to me. :)  You can also get in touch with me by posting on my own challenge topic or by using the forum private messenger system (the envelope button at the very top of the screen).

Here is a link to more information about the Assassin guild.

And here is a link to the Assassin phonebook with a list of various exercises/skills that guild members are working on for this challenge, as well as links to their challenge topics.

There are numerous other people in the Assassin’s guild who you can also get help from.  I recommend stopping by the Assassin's Den – a general chat thread in the guild forum – and introducing yourself.  You can always ask questions there too.

In any case, I’ll stop by from time to time to check in with you and offer support.  Good luck!

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Hi, Revolter. Stealing from a LVL 0 assasin shouldn't be too difficult. ;)

Imagine having to reexamine your keyboard/controller every time you started a new game. Yikes! 

Ha! You haven't seen me fail at video games. It could be plenty difficult for me. 

Oh man that's a great analogy. You're awesome.

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Ha! You haven't seen me fail at video games. It could be plenty difficult for me. 

Oh man that's a great analogy. You're awesome.

I'm fairly new to video games too. I didn't grow up around them, but my boyfriend did. I think it hurt his soul that I'd never played a first person shooter. 

Let's just say it's a skill in progress. >.>  (Also, just realized where your username is located. Hi, Fleaball. *waves*)

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Eh, he'll survive. Souls aren't too important anyway. =P Lol hi! Thanks for reminding me I have to figure out how to change the revolter thing. I assume it's based on post count? But I've seen other people with different things so... yeah. (Spoiler: I have no idea what I'm doing on this forum. I just pretend a lot.)

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Yes, it's a post count thing.

and those with different names are generally guild leaders or ambassadors (or they've won a NF wide challenge or something).  But otherwise it's a post count thing :D

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

and those with different names are generally guild leaders or ambassadors (or they've won a NF wide challenge or something).  But otherwise it's a post count thing :D

Woo, mystery solved. Thanks!

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

So how's the challenge going KitBi?

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Decently. My kitchen is looking fly. ;) I've kept up with the workouts and have basically been getting the right amount of sleep. 
Diet is a little harder. I've been good when by myself but have significantly less will power when 'bad food' is offered to me. I have to restrategize for that. 

But, if I could do everything on week one, it wouldn't be a challenge. 

Fleaball, how is your self-reflection coming along? 

• Like 1

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Woo! When you're done with your kitchen you're welcome to mine too ;) have you come up with a grading system? It might help with the crappy food thing. Like "A = eat at level 7 with 3 exceptions every week, B = whatever..." Then if someone offers you a donut but you know you want pizza tomorrow night, do you really want to waste that exception on a donut?

My stuff is going okay. I wish I could measure improvement quantitatively but we can't have everything right?

Don't forget to update here and poo in on other people too :)

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Always up for a cleaning party. ;) 

I hadn't come up with a grading system. I could just base it off percentages. Assuming I stay good for the rest of the day, I'm at a 90%. I suppose that's not so bad. 

It is more encouraging than pass/fail. 

Well, for yoga you can see if you're able to stretch farther, if you can hold different poses more solidly. For journaling, you'll be able to look back and see if the quality or mindset has changed. 

• Like 1

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Cleaning and party don't belong in the same sentence. Yikea!

That's cool then. So long as it works for you. Yeah I know those things exist, I just want objective measurements. One of the things I'm hoping to improve with this challenge is the way I judge myself. So hey it's all related.

I still want a progress bar that will light up to tell me every time I've reached a new level of awesome lol

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

If you want a progress bar you can try checking out something like habitrpg for building habits or fitocracy for exercise/fitness. They definitely help give you that "Ding Woot" feel. Challenges look pretty good, can't wait to see how it turns out!

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%

Percentages work, and they are a lot more fun than P/F.  How did the percentages work out for the week??

Think about HabitRPG - It is a lot of fun, and there is a NF guild there. 

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Week 1 went pretty well. 90% on food, at least 7 hrs/night everyday, all the workouts, and my kitchen is super clean. 

This week is more rough. I did something to my wrist at the animal shelter this weekend, so I missed Monday's workout. 

• Like 1

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Sprains/injuries/similar can be rough to work around, I usually suggest focusing on exercises that don't use what got hurt so you at least get something in.

Since I forgot to mention it in my first post if you're looking for tips, stories, or motivation from folks with goals similar to yours feel free to stop on by at the Adventurer's Tavern. Lots of folk there, plenty have had to deal working around hurt body parts too 80D.

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%

Hey it's been a couple days, how are you doing?  How's the possible wrist sprain?  Whatever it is, don't let it derail you.  80%+ of the battle in weight loss is food related. Exercise is only 20%.

If you have any questions, feel free to post at the Tavern like RogueWelkin said; or even send me a private message. Always around to help.  Good luck, take the right rest time for your wrist if you need it, and have fun :)

quicknote: I put your name in your thread title so people can find you easier. It helps a lot.

Week 2 update: My wrist seems to be completely healed. :D I tried the assisted pull up today and was able to do all 10 reps with 1/2 my weight. I'll have to try more next time. 

Food was a little troublesome, coming in at a 80%.  My lovely boyfriend decided to repeatedly deliver me pizza. So sweet. :P I did well on sleep, and only missed the one work out. 

In other news, I got a job!!! Plus, my house is clutter free (basically, for now). Life goals are feeling conquered. 

Next week is going to be interesting. My little brother is visiting from college. So excited! He's athletic, so the working out with him should push me. Part of his visit is my teaching him to cook before he moves off campus. 
We'll see how 'Level 7' I can convince him to go. He's rather attached to pasta. 

• Like 2

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Introduce him to spaghetti squash!! 

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines