Silmarilliane's First Quest!

How is it going?

M x

Helloo! Sorry, I need to change my notification settings as I don't seem to get any!

Going well, I did the BB work out for the fourth time yesterday and it's already getting easier :) HIIT tonight and then a well earned rest day on Friday.

I'm going on holiday in a couple of weeks so I'm glad I chose the BB work out as I'll still be able to do that while i'm away.

• Like 3

Level 17 Rogue Ranger

Welcome to the Dungeons of Doom; locate the Amulet of Yendor ♀ on Level 26

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 45, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 1415, 16, 17, 18, 19 (current)

You can do the body weight workout, but there is a special hotel room workout too! Seriously, it's like the guy doesn't want to leave us with any excuses ;)

Glad to see your challenge is going well and that you're already making prep for the next one!

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

You can do the body weight workout, but there is a special hotel room workout too! Seriously, it's like the guy doesn't want to leave us with any excuses ;)

Glad to see your challenge is going well and that you're already making prep for the next one!

this is amazing! thaaaaaaaaaaanks

luggage rows  :highly_amused:  though i tend to unpack straight away... inverted rows will be great for that - just have to find a table i won't break!

• Like 1

Level 17 Rogue Ranger

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 45, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 1415, 16, 17, 18, 19 (current)

weekends are tough... earlier I had crisps and chocolate, not because I wanted them just because they were there. I logged the calories though and upped my HIIT from 30mins to 45mins. while I was doing the exercise I was thinking, it would have been so much easier if i just hadn't had the crisps... why do we do it to ourselfs, eh?!

anyway, with a healthy dinner and the calorie burn, i'm not that much over calories at all so I don't feel I've failed my challenge. the binge wasn't that big really so i feel i'm making progress.

also, for those who haven't seen it, fitnessblender.com has some amazing workout videos!

enjoy the rest of your weekends y'all :)

• Like 1

Level 17 Rogue Ranger

I do that too!

When I am running I am thinking... 'If I hadn't eaten that chocolate this would be burning fat!'

But sometimes its just about damage limitation.

*hugs*

M x

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

STR - 1 / DEX - 1 / STA - 8 / CON - 9 / WIS - 6 / CHA - 4

Challenge - 1 (Rebel) Challenge - 2 (Adventurer) Challenge - 3 (Adventurer)

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

'Rule #1 - Cardio.  Zombies lead a very active life style; so should you.'  Zombieland.

I do that too!

When I am running I am thinking... 'If I hadn't eaten that chocolate this would be burning fat!'

But sometimes its just about damage limitation.

*hugs*

M x

Makes me feel better about it! Especially as i took measurement yesterday and for some reason I'm the same or bigger on most of the areas, how does that work?!

I'm ignoring it though and sticking at it because i definitely feel stronger and firmer. Silly scales and tape measure :S

Level 17 Rogue Ranger

maybe, i'm still sticking at it whatever the silly scales and tape measure say!  :pride:

Water retention, daily fluctuations, small variations in how you're measuring, changes in body composition (i.e., muscle gain), are all factors... just keep tracking and the long term trends will tell the true tale :).  Keep up the good work!

• Like 2

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3

Supple Lioness Mobility

Water retention, daily fluctuations, small variations in how you're measuring, changes in body composition (i.e., muscle gain), are all factors... just keep tracking and the long term trends will tell the true tale :).  Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Level 17 Rogue Ranger

I'm just tuning in and weekend bingeing sounds just way to familiar.

Regarding the scale and measurements, this can have many reasons and I won't worry about it for now. Just keep up what you are doing and you will see results eventually.

• Like 1

First do what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you have done the impossible. - Franz von Assisi

Challenges: 1st, Current

I'm just tuning in and weekend bingeing sounds just way to familiar.

Regarding the scale and measurements, this can have many reasons and I won't worry about it for now. Just keep up what you are doing and you will see results eventually.

Thanks Rumpel! Yes, it's my first quest, so there's no way I'm going to give up half way through. I feel like I'm getting stronger and more fit anyway, and that's what it's all about! The size loss is part of my overall life quest, so I won't have failed this one just because of the (silly) tape measure :D

• Like 2

Level 17 Rogue Ranger

And just an update that I'm completing a side quest this week - the lunchtime walk at work ends with a short but steep hill section and recently we've been skipping it and going around instead.

This week I have gone up that hill section every day :)

• Like 2

Level 17 Rogue Ranger

This week I have gone up that hill section every day :)

Great! Also it is good that you are not focussing on weight or size loss - concentrate on the good behaviours and healthy habits you are building and reward yourself for continuing to do this good stuff rather than what the scales or tape measure says. You're aceing your challenge and that's awesome :D

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Great! Also it is good that you are not focussing on weight or size loss - concentrate on the good behaviours and healthy habits you are building and reward yourself for continuing to do this good stuff rather than what the scales or tape measure says. You're aceing your challenge and that's awesome :D

Thanks deftona! I'm really enjoying the challenge aspect of this, much easier than trying something forever. and hopefully the habits will then stick and last forever, yeah! :D
  • Like 2

Level 17 Rogue Ranger

Goals:

1) Do the Beginner Bodyweight Workout 3 times per week

2) Do the Interval training twice per week (I already go to Zumba once a week)

3) Reduce binge eating at the weekend

Life Quest: 

To (acceptably!) dress as Seven of Nine for Halloween. Or just for fun.

We're halfway through the challenge, time for an update on how you're doing with your goals!  Have you been keeping up with the workouts and running?  Cut back on the overeating?  And any questions you have that we can help you out with?

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

We're halfway through the challenge, time for an update on how you're doing with your goals! Have you been keeping up with the workouts and running? Cut back on the overeating? And any questions you have that we can help you out with?

Hey hey! Thanks for checking in! I'm on holiday at the mo but am bringing the rebellion with me and keeping up the bodyweight workout (slightly modified without dumbbells) and HIIT while I'm here, plus us adding a load of hiking! I've switched my calories up to maintenance for the duration but making sure I keep logging them so I don't overeat. I've had a couple of days over the last few weeks where I've been slightly over (within 100cals) so I still feel like I'm on track :D

No questions at the moment, other than suggestions very welcome of how to progress the weight training workouts when I start my next 6 week challenge (yes already planning for it!!)

Thanks again! :)

• Like 4

Level 17 Rogue Ranger

suggestions very welcome of how to progress the weight training workouts when I start my next 6 week challenge (yes already planning for it!!)

Thanks again! :)

For beginner weight training I recommend getting the book Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training.  The book is a gold mine of information.

• Like 2

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Good to hear you are still at it and keeping it up while on holiday.

What sort of strength training are you looking for? Do you want to stay with Body Weight exercises or pick up a bar- or dumbbell?

• Like 1

First do what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you have done the impossible. - Franz von Assisi

Challenges: 1st, Current

Good to hear you are still at it and keeping it up while on holiday.

What sort of strength training are you looking for? Do you want to stay with Body Weight exercises or pick up a bar- or dumbbell?

I have decent set of dumbbells (changeable weight) and no space at home for a barbell so would prefer to stick with bodyweight and add dumbbells. I think I'll set a separate challenge for pressups as I'm chuffed I can even do them!!

Level 17 Rogue Ranger

How is week 5 going?

M x

It's going well thanks! Got back from holiday where I'd been doing a lot of hiking but made sure I still completed my quest items!! Was a bit downhearted when I saw a 4lb increase when I got back but am just focussing on sticking it out and seeing where I am at the end. It has me making better choices and put more of a focus on weight training, so that's all good :D

Level 17 Rogue Ranger

I'm glad your challenge has been going well--keep it up!  And I definitely also started planning for challenge 2 while challenge 1 was still underway :P.  Weeks 5 and 6 are a good time to reflect on what's working for you and what new things you want to try.  Do you know which guild you want to join for your next challenge?

I know more about barbell training than dumbbell and body weight workouts, unfortunately.  If you ever do want to try barbell training, though, Starting Strength (proposed by Hazard) and Strong Lifts 5x5 are both good programs and resources.  For body weight strength training, Strength Unbound is commonly suggested as a good resource--I've linked to his beginner's guide. 

Hope the rest of your week is great!

• Like 1

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3

Supple Lioness Mobility

Do you know which guild you want to join for your next challenge?

I know more about barbell training than dumbbell and body weight workouts, unfortunately.  If you ever do want to try barbell training, though, Starting Strength (proposed by Hazard) and Strong Lifts 5x5 are both good programs and resources.  For body weight strength training, Strength Unbound is commonly suggested as a good resource--I've linked to his beginner's guide. 

Hope the rest of your week is great!

I think I'm a combination Ranger and Adventurer. I think for my second quest I'll stick with Adventurer though and progress to ranger for future challenges :)

I'm contemplating joining the gym on site at work to increase the amount of weight I could potentially lift. That again might be ranger territory as I feel like I should get to the point where dumbbells aren't heavy enough (currently they are plenty heavy enough for me!)

Thanks for the links and suggestions, I'll read through that beginners guide later today :D

I think I'll incorporate this dumbbell workout into my next quest: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/rudy6.htm and also am planning on setting myself a pushup challenge!

• Like 2

Level 17 Rogue Ranger

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines