IKE's REBOOT Challenge!

IKE

Hello, everybody!

I'm calling this challenge a "reboot" because I need to get back on track of things. I didn't do so well the last time around, so this'll give me a chance to redeem myself. My current goals pretty much consist of previous goals with a slight variation....

If you aren't familiar with the IKE man, here's a quick summary: CrossFitter, cop, comic book nerd, and lover of weight lifting.

Let's get to it!

MAIN QUEST: Reboot my routine and get back on track!

SIDE QUESTS:

~ Post a weekly summary of my CrossFit WOD's. I need to notate what strengths and/or gains I achieve as well as document my failings.

~ Keep up with my weekly 3-5 mile runs. I may ask a certain newly assigned Monk Guild Leader to join me....

~ Completely cut out energy drinks. I recently acquired a poor habit of drinking Red Bull's and that UFC brand of energy drinks daily during work.

LIFE QUEST:

~ Post at least three times a week on Nerd Fitness on other people's challenges. I want to be more active in the community as well as garner support for other people who are trying to reach their goals.

• Like 1

booo on the energy drinks (although I do drink coffee... so I don't have much room for talking here :) )

also think you should have a goal that says "post more frequently so that the people who follow me can see how awesome I am" (or somethign)

booo on the energy drinks (although I do drink coffee... so I don't have much room for talking here :) )

also think you should have a goal that says "post more frequently so that the people who follow me can see how awesome I am" (or somethign)

Yeah, I know! My consumption has just been so excessive lately...

Thanks! You're pretty awesome yourself!

Agree with all that alien said

Thank you, my friend.

UPDATE!

June 8th to June 13th

Strength Work: 5x2 Deadlifts

4 Rounds for Time:

20 Pistols

10 Hand Stand PU

~ Did a modified version of this workout. I can only do a single Pistol with my right leg. Such a dificult movement....

Strength Work: 5 x 2 Front Squats

For Time:

400 Meter Run

50 Hand Release Push Ups

40 Power Cleans (95 lbs)

15 Pull-Ups

20 Plate Burpees

15 Pull-Ups

40 Power Cleans

50 HRPU

~ This was a tough workout. I had to scale the pull-ups because I can't knock them out as consecutively as I used to. Perhaps another weakness I need to work on?

15 Minute AMRAP

3 Chest to Bar Pull-Ups

6 Ring Push-ups

9 Barbell Jumping Squats (75 lbs)

~ Another great workout. I think I did three rounds of this sh*t....

10-9-8-7....

of

Push Press (95 lbs)

Toes to Bar

A partner WOD!

6 Minutes of:

15 Calorie Row

Kettlebell Swings

then:

100 meter Farmer's Carry

Burpee Pull Ups

then:

50 Double Unders (or 100 Singles)

Ab-Mat Sit Ups

~ Used 65 lbs on the Farmer Carry. That made my forearms burn....

I only went for a mile run today because my knees were feeling sore. Nothing serious, but I just wanted to go for a light run.

So far, I've posted on Chammys, Devyns, and Cheehoes thread. More to come!

UPDATE!

June 16 to June 20

Strength Work:

Bench Press 5 x 2 (205 lbs)

5 Rounds for Time:

10 Lunges (115 lbs)

5 Front Squats

30 Double Unders (or 90 Singles)

~ I did this workout with 115 lbs which nearly killed me. We were required to do the weighted lunges with the barbell in the front rack position, and I got so fatigued at one point that I fell over!

Clean & Jerk for strength work:

For Time:

50 Kettlebell Swings (60 lbs)

30 Push Press (95 lbs)

10 Pull-Ups

~ Not sure what my time was, but I was able to finish before a teenager who recently joined our class. He's pretty athletic for quite a young fellow....

20 Minute AMRAP!

200 Meter Run

12 DB Hang Power Cleans (35 lbs)

12 DB Thrusters

~ This was a killer. I did 5 rounds along with finishing the run and 12 hang power cleans. Doing these movements with the dumb bells seems much more difficult....

Over head squat work, then.....

400 Meter Run

20 Hand Stand Push Ups (Modified)

400 Meter Run

30 Pull Ups

400 Meter Run

40 Toes to Bar

400 Meter Run

50 Burpees

~ This was tough. I mean, super tough. I did pretty much every movement prescribed (save for the HSPU's). I was the last person to finish, and my fellow gym mate Shane did the burpees with me. :)

Shoulder Press (5 x 2) w/ 115 lbs

10 Rounds for Time:

2 Power Snatches (95 lbs)

10 Wall Ball Shots (16 lbs)

~ Did the WOD in about eight minutes. A nice, quick workout....

I went for a quick mile run today. Wanted to do more, but wasn't really feeling it.

I have yet to have any energy drinks! I've been tempted some days (especially when I don't get enough sleep), but I've been doing my best to fight it!

UPDATE!

~ Still no energy drinks to this date. This has been going well for me because it has helped me save money and I don't feel as groggy anymore from the aftereffects of drinking said energy stuff.

~ So far, I've posted on Stargazer's thread, Cheechoe, and Kari's thread...

• Like 1