Quidditch Round 2 (Push-ups)

Welcome to the Second Pushup Quidditch Cup! 

45134_web.sp.11.16.quidditch.picbo.jpg

This is a team PvP and is open to all Rebels, regardless of age, guild or experience. The match will officially start on USA Monday, June 16th. Sign-up will be open until Sunday, June 15th.

Players and spectators can follow the action on the NF Quidditch Spreadsheet

To help out the Sorting Hat, we're doing a 1 minute AMRAP set (As Many Reps As Possible) of any pushup variation you like,  to get an idea of fitness levels. There's a chart at the end of this post showing point values for a variety of pushup types. There's no minimum requirement or expectation, this is merely to help keep the game fun for everyone.

For those interested, we'll be doing another AMRAP at the end of the challenge period to see how far we've come....kudos will go to most improved, MVP, etc  :)

Here are the rules and descriptions of the various positions:

Rules

• This competition will last 5 weeks.
  • There will be 4 teams: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin
  • Each team will contain up to 5 players: 1 Keeper, 3 Chasers, and 1 Beater.
  • Teams and positions will be assigned on day 1 of the challenge. Positions will be subsequently assigned each week.
  • Matches will last 5 days, starting on USA Monday, and ending on USA Friday
  • Weekly scores will be tallied and the top 2 teams will play for the Quidditch Cup and Silver medal, while the bottom 2 teams will play for Bronze Medal and Wooden Spoon

Positions/Scoring

Points are scored by completing pushups which equate to a point value, (see variations below). When a player completes a series of pushups, they will need to reply to this thread to count them.

All points will be tallied at the end of the week, once the game is complete, however 'unofficial' scoring is likely to take place in the meantime to help everyone know where they and their teams stand.

• Chaser: The Chaser does pushups to score points. The more pushups completed, the more points scored
  • Keeper: The Keeper does pushups to negate points scored by the opposing team. Their score is subtracted from the points scored by the opposing team's Chasers. 
  • Beater: Beaters use pushups to counter the effects of the other team's Keeper and Chasers. When points have been earned, the player nominates an opponent on the opposing team and any points scored will be removed from the target player's tally. Any beater who does not assign points to a target will have their points spread evenly across the opponent's players.

Rules

1. All players are required to do a 60 second AMRAP before each game/week, using any pushup variation(s) before playing (honor system to use the version at your level, and it is tested each week so you could switch your version as desired.)
  2. Each player's beginning AMRAP score will represent their "Starting" number
  3. Enter you total reps in the week as your "Points", adjusted gives you one point per set of "Starting" number.
  4. Beaters just hit the Keeper, so that I can have everything calculate itself.
  5. INT for "Starting" (AMRAP) and "Points" (reps for the week), "Chaser", "Beater" or "Keeper" for the Position.
  6. No different values for different types, just do your best and keep your units/type consistent.

Game Schedule (Game winners in BOLD)

Game 1 Gryffindor vs Slytherin, Ravenclaw vs Hufflepuff (June 16-20)
Game 2 Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff, Slytherin vs Ravenclaw (June 23-27)
Game 3 Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw, Slytherin vs Hufflepuff (June 30-July 6)
Game 4 (Semi finals) 1st vs 2nd, 3rd vs 4th
Game 5 (CUP) 1st vs 2nd, 3rd vs 4th

The spreadsheet is editable, or should be, so that you can enter your own numbers if you want. Posting them is okay too but post your weekly total, not +x in case other people add them for you.

• wall push-ups
  • countertop (incline)
  • on knees
  • standard pushup
  • feet elevated (decline) pushups
  • diamond pushups
  • clapping push-ups
  • side-to-side pushups
  • dive-bomber/hindu/pike pushups
  • one arm pushups
  • Like 3

Species: Elven Vampire

Class: Assassin

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

Because of the simplified scoring, teams only need to be balanced by people, not skill, so feel free to include your team preference and position when you post your trial/60sec #.

Example: 

Glad to see this back! You did some crazy awesome stuff with the spreadsheet formulas! Too bad you did not get it to figure out the game 4 and 5 matches but I am sure you will get it!

I just did 15 push-ups in the 60s limit. The best I could do was 6 at a time, and those last three were about half-way down with my knees bending out of form. I have a lot of room to improve, but I will list 15 for game 1. If it is not overly preferred, I would like to be placed in Slytherin because although I imagined myself a Ravenclaw when I originally read the series, I love strategy games and although it eludes me I have great admiration for cleverness. I do love blue and silver though, so I would not mind Raven claw for a second choice. I do not have a preferred position, because with the beater being able to force a team into negative points I find them all equal.

Oops, that was long.

tl;dr

15 (high estimate) for the Game one base

Slytherin preferred, Ravenclaw second

Any position 

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

I'm going to watch this time!!  Good luck, players!!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Wait, hang on, I'm confused about the rules; is your final point total all the push-ups you've performed over an entire week, or your best 1 minute AMRAP over the week? If the former I'd like to change my mind about participating; don't feel like adding random push-up sets to my day, and it'll just demoralise me to know that in order to do my best in this challenge I have to compromise my strength training.

I'm interested, but where's this scoring chart?

I'll sign up for any team, and I got 16 push-ups in a minute. I'd rather not formally submit that just yet though, in case I can get a better score using a different variation from the chart when I get my hands on it.

There is an honor system of using the variation most challenging, but possible, for you. Consider the version you are putting into your workouts, whether it be diamond or wall, and do that.

Wait, hang on, I'm confused about the rules; is your final point total all the push-ups you've performed over an entire week, or your best 1 minute AMRAP over the week? If the former I'd like to change my mind about participating; don't feel like adding random push-up sets to my day, and it'll just demoralise me to know that in order to do my best in this challenge I have to compromise my strength training.

You should do the 60s test each week, and your points are the total reps you did for the week. You could join and just do your regularly scheduled push-ups or don your colors and cheer for your house.

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

There is an honor system of using the variation most challenging, but possible, for you. Consider the version you are putting into your workouts, whether it be diamond or wall, and do that.

You should do the 60s test each week, and your points are the total reps you did for the week. You could join and just do your regularly scheduled push-ups or don your colors and cheer for your house.

The honor system makes sense. That would in fact put me on push-ups for now, but I'd still rather not participate. I don't just want to do my regularly scheduled push-ups; it would feel as though I wasn't putting in enough effort, really. Though I do like the 1 minute AMRAP test; I'll probably do that on my own just to see how I progress. Sorry I misread the rules.

Hi! I would like to participate as well. 

My AMRAP was: 29 knee push-ups. (that's coming from an upper body strength session so I could probably do more on a day my muscles aren't tired :) )

Team of choice: Hufflepuff (I always score them in quizzes or Ravenclaw)

Position preferred: I don't have a preference :)

Yay, I'm super excited about this!

• Like 1

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

The honor system makes sense. That would in fact put me on push-ups for now, but I'd still rather not participate. I don't just want to do my regularly scheduled push-ups; it would feel as though I wasn't putting in enough effort, really. Though I do like the 1 minute AMRAP test; I'll probably do that on my own just to see how I progress. Sorry I misread the rules.

What team will you be cheering for then? ;)

No, your questions were good. I put very little time into that post so it forced me to type up something that made more sense.

Trying to decide if I want to do a bunch of push-ups...

It would probably be good for me...

It might hurt though, and while at in a ball might hit you. Wizards play with heavy beaters' balls. (I seriously forgot what that is called.)

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

Hey, I think I would like to participate.... I can't do more than 1 knee pushup so I would like to start with inclined push-up at a cupboard.

Would that be okay?

I can do 13 inclined pushups there.

House: Gryffindor would be awesome, but every house has it's great sides.

Position: Any.

There's a chart at the end of this post showing point values for a variety of pushup types. There's no minimum requirement or expectation, this is merely to help keep the game fun for everyone.

I guess I missed that?

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

YES!! I was so bummed I missed sign up last time!  IN

AMRAP:  14 standard push ups (at work - what, coworkers?)

Team choice: Gryffindor or Ravenclaw

Position: Probably chaser?  I'm open to suggestion as to what might be the best fit, though.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

I'll be in again

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Hufflepuff again? What is your AMRAP for the first game?

Hey, I think I would like to participate.... I can't do more than 1 knee pushup so I would like to start with inclined push-up at a cupboard.

Would that be okay?

I can do 13 inclined pushups there.

House: Gryffindor would be awesome, but every house has it's great sides.

Position: Any.

I guess I missed that?

Yep, the inclined are fine. 

I just copy and pasted from the first thread. I will fix it, thank you.

• Like 1

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

Definitely Joining

AMRAP Test:  30 standard pushups

Team Choice:  Gryffindor

Position:  Chaser

Aegon

Race: Half-Elf Class: Adventurer Level:STR: 1 DEX: 2 STA: 1 CON: 1 WIS: 2 CHA: 3

Height: 5'11" Weight: 155.7 Lbs Body Fat: 17%

Check Out My Campaign Log

Current Quests:

1) Get to 145 Lbs (from 162.4 Lbs)

Current: 155.7 Lbs

38.50%
38.50%

(Updated: July 8th, 2014)

Current Challenge:

Starting My First Quest!

Mario Kart Bodyweight League

AMRAP (1 minute): 26 standard push-ups 

House choice: any

Position: any

Also did these at work. High fiveeee. o/

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I'd like to sign up, ravenclaw would be my preference, but I'll take any team, and any place will be just fine. AMRAP: 20 standard push-ups, and my arms are now killing me

And I also did mine at work!

• Like 1

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

For the score display I have the following general formula: =m &" vs " &n &x &" - " &y &if(x>y, Mlong, if(y>x, Nlong, "TIE"))

x =Sum(AC-BK+AB)

y=SUM(BC-AK+BB)

ex AC (Team A, Chaser total), BK (team B, Keeper total)

m and n can be assigned S, G, H, or R and link to a cell for the full name for the Nlong or M long.

I welcome suggestions on how to do that so that I could just input the two teams for the match and have the formulas for the winners correct. The basic aim is to be able to copy a game column and paste it beside for the next week without any alteration apart from inputting the pairings.

Game 3 is my current test.

PS I am thinking that if teams do not all have the same number of people (due to a number of participants not divisible by 4) I might add an "NPC" player that has the average AMRAP and total (or just average of the adjusted points) of the team to even it up.

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

I'll join too. My AMRAP is 20 standard pushups. I'd be happy with Ravenclaw or Slytherin. 

Eugenides, level 1 thief assassin

STR 3|DEX 4|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 2|CHA 1

Short term goals:

• lose 10 lbs. by 12/31/18
  • get mile pace to 10 min./mile

Ambitious long term goals:

• 100 standard push-ups without a break
  • Hand-stand push up

“He whines, he complains, he ducks out of the most obvious responsibility. He is vain, petty and maddening, but he doesn't ever quit.” 

Reporting in: 29 knee push-ups (damn I couldn't get that 30th in)

Griffindore first pref or wherever you need another walm body.

Is there a speadsheet? I couldn't find a link . . . Going off to have another look

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

Players and spectators can follow the action on the NF Quidditch Spreadsheet

Hey, the spreadsheet is here :)

Need to do pushups! Slytherin has soooo good players. *scared*

• Like 1

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%