WhattheWhat is new to NF

Hello.

I am new. 

I have quite the story and I suppose I can tell you if you want to know. But mostly I have struggled with my weight off and on since college.I tried my hand at not eating but I just love food too much, I've been prescribed medicine (which never should've happened as I was not even outside my 'healthy' range) I've done Jenny Craig, I tried WW for a hot minute, and this last time I lost weight through Metabolic Research Center. I maintained that weight loss for about a year and have slowly started to put the pounds back on.

This time around though I want it to be different. I don't want to diet. I want to worry less about the number on the scale and focus more on how things fit. I want to make changes that stick. I want to gain muscle. I have some loose skin issues from my previous weight loss (I talk about it in my challenge topic if you're interested) and I'm hoping that doing weight training with my jazzercise classes will help tone up and tighten things. 

Most days I'm hopeful - some days I'm discouraged. I look at other people and think, there's NO WAY I can do with my body what they do with theirs. There's no way I can sculpt out muscles like that. Then I remember that if I don't try, I'm absolutely certain not to. But if I try, I might. And that's what I hold onto.

I like it here, and I hope to find and provide some help and support along the way. So...HI!

• Like 2

Level 0 Human Adventurer
Str:0 Dex:0 Sta:0 Con:0 Wis:0 Char:0

My first Quest!

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open."

I want to be a warrior druid someday.

Welcome! I love your spirit. If you were able to stick with Jazzercize, you will certainly be able to get stronger, and probably much sooner than you think.

Level: 3    Race: Wood Elf

STR: 4    DEX: 4    STA: 5 CON: 4    WIS: 4    CHA: 5

Previous Challenge Current Challenge

Spoiler

5%

Bodyweight Workout 3X per week (1of 18 total)

8%
8%

Cardio 2X per week (1 of 12 total)

23%
23%

30 Days of Yoga - Day 7 Completed

Welcome to NF glad to have you on board.

Btw if you try and keep in trying it wont be might succeed but WILL succeed, shows your doubts the door.

• Like 1

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.