• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bookworm_Tess

Injured but up for the challenge

So everything was effed up when I broke my knee last January. And because I was off my balance on account of the effed up knee, I effed up my lumbar as well, and I was actually ON THE BED for a couple of weeks there, when I couldn't even work.

I had been lifting for several months, and riding my bike as means of transportation for close to a year, and swimming on and off for the year as well, and then I decided to join a rugby team that practices on the beach, Which was awesome, but was too much, sprinting on the soft sand and trying to lift my teammates (why did I even attempt that?). I got a stress fracture on the top of my left tibia, just underneath my kneecap, and now I've been resting for FIVE MONTHS.

A couple months ago I went back to swimming, but so slowly (my back hurt bad) it doesn't even count. It was not 'till two weeks ago that I started feeling like myself in the pool.

Last Tuesday I went to see a fancy, expensive physical therapist and he gave me some precious tips and told me to take pilates at his clinic (of course) to strengthen my core and protect both my lumbar and knees. It's not even pilates, it's NEOpilates haha. I have no idea of what that entails. But I figured what do I have to lose and I'm on.

I cannot propose myself any physical challenge because the actual challenge will be to rehab by effed up bod and go back to rugby, which the PT told me I'd be able to do after 30 to 60 days of strength training in his NEOpilates torture chamber. 

All I can do is do what I can and see how my body reacts.

But I really want to come back to the REBELLION! So I propose a musical challenge, inspired by

. I recorded myself playing my favorite Amy Winehouse song and I'm going to record my progress on it over the next sex weeks, during which I'll practice six days a week, playing the song over for 20 minutes everyday.

While I do that, I'll also be swimming twice a week and doing the neopilates thing (lol) twice a week as well, and I'll attend rugby practices when I can, without practicing though, so I don't lose touch with the team. So it's not like there isn't a physical challenge here, it's just that I can't set myself any physical goals right now. My job is to rest and eat well and plenty and do the work and get better so I can play the women's rugby regional championship next semester. (I want that soooo bad.)

So that's my laid-back challenge, it's my third too. Hopefully the third time is the charm ;)

post-23087-0-35633600-1402596472_thumb.j <-- Me and my teammates on Iracema Beach. Valkirias Rugby Club, Fortaleza, CE - Brasil. (I'm the one standing with the green shirt.)

post-23087-0-35633600-1402596472_thumb.j

• Like 1

Welcome back!!  We've missed you!!

You know you don't have to start here right? you're welcome to join the Adventurers if you'd like.  I am happy to wave my magical wand and move you over - just say when :D - of course we'd still love to have you here. *hugs*

• Like 2

You know you don't have to start here right? you're welcome to join the Adventurers if you'd like.  I am happy to wave my magical wand and move you over - just say when :D - of course we'd still love to have you here. *hugs*

Really, I don't? Yey! Hahaha.  :lol:

Yes, I would very much like to join you at the Adventurers!

Just a question: why does it say "Malcontent" over my avatar? Lol. That's weird.

Thank you guys for the attention, Blaidd, Hazard.

Really, I don't? Yey! Hahaha.  :lol:

Yes, I would very much like to join you at the Adventurers!

Just a question: why does it say "Malcontent" over my avatar? Lol. That's weird.

Thank you guys for the attention, Blaidd, Hazard.

*First answers question* That "malcontent" will change as your number of posts increase - there are titles like bezerker, revolutionary etc - keep going and you will see the change :D

*secondly whips out magic wands and waves it around all wizardly and stuff* POOF!!

You are now an Adventurer :D

Yeyyy!! I'm sooo happy I'm not a newbie anymore hahaha!

No, really. Thanks, Blaidd :)

As regarding my challenge, I just did my 20 minutes of practice. It's a guitar practice as well as a discipline practice, you see? Can I go six weeks doing the one thing everyday? 

It'll be a first...

The thing about this song is that it's the second song played with arpeggios that I learn. An arpeggio is a technique by which you play each string of the chord one after the other instead of playing all of them at the same time. But there are different patterns you can use to play different songs. 

For Wake up alone, the three bottom strings pattern goes 32123.

For Pale blue eyes, the pattern goes 3231323. It's quite different.

So my brain learned to do the pattern for Pale blue eyes, which I've been playing for many months, and now it's difficult to break that and learn the pattern for Wake up alone. Then there's the challenge of not getting stuck with this second pattern and unlearning the Pale blue eyes' one.

dedilhado-no-violc3a3o-mc3a3o-direita.jp

Playing the guitar is like anything you have to do with your body, you have to give it time for your brain to learn how to do this thing, whether it's a squat, the correct gesture for the breaststroke, or a new fingering technique for the guitar. And you have to deal with the frustration of not getting it right for some time. *Sigh*

Beats not being able to play at all tho ;D

• Like 1

I think nerdfitness might be jinxing me lol. Last time I tried a challenge I got a stress fracture. This time, I fell off my bike and got a bad scratch on my knee.

Spent two days with neurons in disarray over the pain. Today I was able to think again. Played my guitar, re-planned my workout week to exclude swimming a few days. Open injuries and public pools don't go together..,

(I don't think I'm getting any better at my challenge. I might just really suck a music period...)

I think nerdfitness might be jinxing me lol. Last time I tried a challenge I got a stress fracture. This time, I fell off my bike and got a bad scratch on my knee.

Spent two days with neurons in disarray over the pain. Today I was able to think again. Played my guitar, re-planned my workout week to exclude swimming a few days. Open injuries and public pools don't go together..,

(I don't think I'm getting any better at my challenge. I might just really suck a music period...)

Nah, you're not getting jinxed, it's just life :)

Aww, well there's nothing wrong with sucking at music.  I seem to remember a recent article from Steve about picking something and sucking at it ;)  So just keep at it, you honestly can't get worse than when you first started, right?

How is your day shaping up?

Every time I look at my injury to take care of it, what I see is an awesome calf muscle right underneath it. My legs look awesome, really. I will NEVER stop cycling, no matter how many times I fall :)

Only I might start wearing knee wraps and cycling gloves as suggested by an experienced athlete last time I fell...

I'm glad I didn't set any physical goal - and that I didn't hurt my hands - or I'd have to halt the challenge and wait for the scrape to heal. (It's nasty, btw.) As it is, I'm playing my guitar as planned, and resting and eating best I can and looking forward for the day I'll put my mouth gard on again.

Also, I have another Pilates class sceduled for Friday, and it'll be the PT's job to figure out how to do it without having to kneel.

Because of the World Cup everybody's shedule is messed up - whenever Brazil's playing or there's a match in my city (Fortaleza), they call it a holiday lol. So the Pilates clinic is closed on those days.

God I hate football...

Aww, well there's nothing wrong with sucking at music.  I seem to remember a recent article from Steve about picking something and sucking at it ;)  So just keep at it, you honestly can't get worse than when you first started, right?

No, BlamedCat, I'm actually a lot better than when I started... over twenty years ago... hahaha :)

Thank god they invented, Law... If I had to suppot myself with music I'd be beggin on the streets...

• Like 1

The guitar challenge is going on nicely, I haven't been playing every day, but for the last ten days I didn't practice like three of them. So... that's ok. And the song is coming out great too.

Besides sucking on my arpeggios, I also started pilates yesterday. The PT clinic tried to sell me something called neopilates first, which is something created by some Brazilian PT in the South, which is fun and colorful and all... but the thing is, when you learn about Joseph Pilates trajectory before coming up with the pilates machines exercises, a well meaning PT in the South of Brazil "improving" on it just sound like hybris...

And, boy, do I suck at pilates.

I also suck at socializing witn the reabellion, apparently, since no one comments on my posts hahaha. (That's ok, I understand my "challenge" is not very appealing, since I'm not attempting to lose a third of myself in a quarter of a year.)

It's like suck-a-paloosa over here.

In fact, I suck so bad at everything right now, and the suck-at-amy's-song challenge is giving me such a good way of dealing with it, that I shall take up on one more thing I can suck at: yoga.

I want to experiment with physical practices that are strength-related but that are less challenging than weightlifting, and that will provide me opportunity for improving my flexibility. I want to do it now, while I can't still lift, so I can experiment and chose one.

The goal is that, when I'm ready to get back to lifting, I'll practice that modality like once a week, as a way of working on flexibility and taking a recovery day withou having to sit on my ass all day actually rest.

Maybe I'll take a picture! ;)

Your challenge sounds fun, and you have a lot of physical goals, they are just some steps back from your old focus because of your need to heal--NEOpilates PT, swimming, going to rugby practice to provide support/stay connected, sleeping and eating well. Sometimes you just need to take care of yourself, and even that can be really hard for a lot of people, although it sounds like you are doing great with that.

Keep up the great work, and good luck not beating up the rest of your body! My fiance has been the same way the past few weeks, fell on his bike in a weird way, then fell of the pullup bar (he was doing something really stupid, but still!) :)

• Like 1

Ahhh I think I must have been on my phone when I replied earlier, it looked like this was Blaidd's challenge, what an silly bugger I am.

Welcome bookworm, I am really sorry to hear about your knee a couple of years ago I broke my ankle and it really made life difficult for me as I had some complications and had to go in for more surgery, I really like your challenge goals and I hope that you heal up soon. xx

The guitar challenge is going on nicely, I haven't been playing every day, but for the last ten days I didn't practice like three of them. So... that's ok. And the song is coming out great too.

Besides sucking on my arpeggios, I also started pilates yesterday. The PT clinic tried to sell me something called neopilates first, which is something created by some Brazilian PT in the South, which is fun and colorful and all... but the thing is, when you learn about Joseph Pilates trajectory before coming up with the pilates machines exercises, a well meaning PT in the South of Brazil "improving" on it just sound like hybris...

And, boy, do I suck at pilates.

I also suck at socializing witn the reabellion, apparently, since no one comments on my posts hahaha. (That's ok, I understand my "challenge" is not very appealing, since I'm not attempting to lose a third of myself in a quarter of a year.)

It's like suck-a-paloosa over here.

In fact, I suck so bad at everything right now, and the suck-at-amy's-song challenge is giving me such a good way of dealing with it, that I shall take up on one more thing I can suck at: yoga.

I want to experiment with physical practices that are strength-related but that are less challenging than weightlifting, and that will provide me opportunity for improving my flexibility. I want to do it now, while I can't still lift, so I can experiment and chose one.

The goal is that, when I'm ready to get back to lifting, I'll practice that modality like once a week, as a way of working on flexibility and taking a recovery day withou having to sit on my ass all day actually rest.

Maybe I'll take a picture! ;)

As far as guitar goes, that's okay than you're not doing it EVERYDAY, you're not perfect, but hey 7 outta 10 isn't bad odds at all AND you're making progress :)

Pilates sound like fun, I haven't done them either lol.  However, if you just started, it's okay to suck, all that coordination has to be developed somewhere,right?

Speaking of coordination, yoga... goodness, I can do some yoga but some of those positions people get into scare me!  Make sure you find something you can start with and let us know how it goes :)  Remember, best to start easy and work your way up than to scare yourself to death ;)  I managed to do Jillian Michaels' Yoga Meltdown 1... it's rough but at least they give you beginner poses through the whole thing.

As for sucking at sociable on NF?  There is no such thing.  sometimes it just happens.  I've had challenges where I don't get many posts, just keep plugging at it.  I'm lurking at least, and have been "liking" posts of yours ;)  But now your trap worked, you got me talking hehe. see!

I need to get back in the gym myself... this week... like... today... and go lift something.  I'm kinda scared of the push press that'll I'll be starting off with.  One, because I'm not used to it and two, because it's me getting back in the gym around people and all the self-concious monsters pop up and point and laugh... (not the people, the people in my head ;) )  But I'll make it through... somehow :)

I need to get back in the gym myself... this week... like... today... and go lift something.  I'm kinda scared of the push press that'll I'll be starting off with.  One, because I'm not used to it and two, because it's me getting back in the gym around people and all the self-concious monsters pop up and point and laugh... (not the people, the people in my head ;) )  But I'll make it through... somehow :)

Oh the mean gym people in ours heads are the worse. Not only do they scare us before we go to the gym, but they also are critic as hell when we leave. :)

Seriously though, remember to start with the empty bar while you try to figure out the movement. Good form is key to safety and improvment!  :encouragement:

Thank you for dropping a word and for liking my posts too!

Welcome bookworm, I am really sorry to hear about your knee a couple of years ago I broke my ankle and it really made life difficult for me as I had some complications and had to go in for more surgery, I really like your challenge goals and I hope that you heal up soon. xx

Geezus, man! Surgery, you say? Now I'm thinking I got it easy. Wow. So that's why you stop when your knees hurt like hell and you don't let a younger teammate convince you to stop being a sissy, ignore the pain and come to practice already!

Oh the mean gym people in ours heads are the worse. Not only do they scare us before we go to the gym, but they also are critic as hell when we leave. :)

Seriously though, remember to start with the empty bar while you try to figure out the movement. Good form is key to safety and improvment!  :encouragement:

Thank you for dropping a word and for liking my posts too!

Yeah.  Well, thankfully I don't deal with the critic after I leave, just while I'm there.  It's rough to go alone too!

Yes yes yes :)  I'd rather have good form and get that down than go for "big numbers" and get injured. <hi5>

You're absolutely welcome :)  If you ever want me to comment on something in particular you can always call me out, or hit me up in PM's.

So here's my progress report:

Music: The kind of problem I've been having with the song are: for one, controlling the right hand for the arpeggios. Sometimes it feels like I have ten fingers on my right hand. Also, I'm afraid I might get stuck in the habit of playing the arpeggio pattern for Wake Up Alone (12321) and not be able to play Pale Blue Eyes (1213121) anymore, which I got right some monts ago. So every practice I try to play Pale Blue Eyes once so I don't get stuck on one pattern or another.

Another very serious problem, which I've had before, is that sometimes I feel like the point is to get the arpeggio pattern right and the chords firm, not to play the music, you know what I mean? It's not sounding very musical at all.

But I have to go through this fase in order to get used to the movements so I can control the "musicality" of it later.

Still playing *almost* every day. Since I'm trackig a bunch of other stuff, I kind of forgot to track the days I play. But it still most days.

Other stuff: Here's what you didn't know I've been doing these weeks:

1. Swimming: I've lost a couple of classes due to the open injury I got when I fell off my bike, but I'm going and I'm happy. I've been getting better: faster, more stamina. Just completed one year swimming :)

2. Bodyweight exercises: Pilates is expensive so I can't do it as often as would be ideal. Also, I'm self-employed, and I have to wait for the clients to come in with the money so I can pay the PT clinic the monstrous amount they're asking for the classes. In these "inbetweens" of pilates, I've been doing bodyweight exercises. Light and simple: pull, push, squat, with a long warm-up consisting of stretching and isometrics and a long cool down consisting of more stretching.

3. Low-carb: I put on a some weight while recovering from my injuries, when I couldn't exercise any, since my low back was affected. I want to drop a little bit of fat, and I've chosen low carb diet. I never did it before, but since I've been paying attention to carb intake and glicemic index of meals for many months now, it's not too hard. Mostly, I cut down the cheats. And fruits.  :(

4. Studying discipline: Two of my long-term goals are being financially independent and being an influential intellectual. Both require massive studying, so the studying routine is every bit as important as exercising, in my life. My goal is to study everyday. I'v been tracking it for a few months and I have spells when it works right ans spells when it doesn't. Trick is keep working at it.

5. Housework: I hate it. My husband/boyfriend doesn't put in his share of work. Everyday it seems like I have to do things all over again. However, I found out being in the clean house and doing the work improves my mood. Like a self-care ritual. It's hard to remind myself of this at times, though. Working at it.

6. Sleeping habits: I have rotten sleeping habits. My first student doesn't come in before 2 p.m. and the rest of my work I can easily do at night if I want to, even at the wee hours of the morning. So waking up at a certain hour is not a necessity, which messed things up incredibly. I've been trying to clean this habit up a little and try to get up at the same time everyday. At which I'm failing terribly, but I won't give up. Every minute I'm up before noon, it's a win to me! Every night it doesn't take me two hours to fall asleep, big ass win.

I want to be up by 10 a.m. everyday, Everyday, my alarm goes off at 10 a.m. I'm a snooze-a-holic and on good days I'll be up by 10h20. But sometimes I sleep right through the alarm and don't get up before noon.

If I had made this my challenge, I'd feel like I'd be failing at it when I haven't really. It's just a really hard habit to change, and it will take some time. 

That's why I've been doing these things "on the side".

Like the other day I went to the movies and craved chocolate and had a bonbon. Now that's not low carb. Who cares? I came home and had a plate of sausage and eggs with a leafy salad and tahine! Whereas that would be a point down my challenge, as a eating habit I'd say it's not bad, not bad at all!

I'm even planning my next cheat: we're going over to some friend's to watch the Brazil match on Saturday, I'm cooking a local dessert for them, with sugar, and corn, and coconut. Yum.

Because in real life there are some meals that aren't about nutrition, but about being social beasts. Peace out!

• Like 1

End of week #4 and I'm still playing everyday. Like "every"-day. But most days, surely. And there are lots of days when I have the time in which the timer buzzes off after 20 minutes and I just keep playing because I'm having fun.

I'm actually astonished at the progress I'm making. I'm gonna stick to more challenges like this lol. It really does make a difference! Now that's my plan for the next challenges: to chose something really simple, no 3 goals, but just one, and stick to it! (I suspect I may have ADD and maybe the three goals might work better on other styles of brains, you see.) (Btw, I drafted a shopping list for the market and left it behind again.)

(Now that I'm thinking about it, based on the amount of paretheses used by William Faulkner in Absalom, absalom!, which was the book I was working with in my American Lit masters that I never finished (where I learned how to use multiple parentheses and how to make nonrestrictive clauses for basicly every sentence you utter), based on that and on Faulkner's history of binge drinking (which used to be my style too), I think he might have had ADD as well.) (Didn't get that too well? Oh, I'm sorry you have the conformist sort of brain hehe...)

Anyhoo...

I was talking about how I improved at the song I proposed myself as a challenge, since I'm recovering from injury and not confident enough yet to propose myself a physical challenge. The one thing I thought I'd never get right happened: a firm, clear, musical arpeggio for the B-flat.

Yey B-flat!

beginner-guitar-b-flat-bar-chord.jpg

I got a little lost with my physical activities this week as I focused on studying everyday and lost track of time almost everyday. I got around to going to both my swimming classes, though, and just had a run to the supermarket on my bike, which, when you think abut it, is two 20-minute rides, which is something.

I can't be neglecting my stregth training though, however light it be, beacuse I need to strengthen my core if I want to get back to my fun activities: lifting barbells at the gym, rugbying on the beach and cycling for long distances.

There's a bike activists group where I live that lead a ride once a month to draw the attention of the public administration to the needs of cyclists who use the bycicle as a means of transportation. (We're very many, in Fortaleza, and mostly poor people who can't afford a car.) They sound pretty cool and I'm anxious to join them. I didn't dare last ride (they are on the last Friday of each month), since one of my injuries was a broken knee. But my PT told me if I strengthened my core enough, it'd take the stress off my knees some and I'd be able to pedal better without jeopardizing the knees (as well as squat safely and deadlift with a protected back) --- but I need to have a strong core for that. And I need to strength train and do my pilates classes to achieve that.

So in the end it's a matter of political commitment, you see? Let's plank for the revolution, people!

End of week #4 and I'm still playing everyday. Like "every"-day. But most days, surely. And there are lots of days when I have the time in which the timer buzzes off after 20 minutes and I just keep playing because I'm having fun.

I'm actually astonished at the progress I'm making. I'm gonna stick to more challenges like this lol. It really does make a difference! Now that's my plan for the next challenges: to chose something really simple, no 3 goals, but just one, and stick to it! (I suspect I may have ADD and maybe the three goals might work better on other styles of brains, you see.) (Btw, I drafted a shopping list for the market and left it behind again.)

(Now that I'm thinking about it, based on the amount of paretheses used by William Faulkner in Absalom, absalom!, which was the book I was working with in my American Lit masters that I never finished (where I learned how to use multiple parentheses and how to make nonrestrictive clauses for basicly every sentence you utter), based on that and on Faulkner's history of binge drinking (which used to be my style too), I think he might have had ADD as well.) (Didn't get that too well? Oh, I'm sorry you have the conformist sort of brain hehe...)

Anyhoo...

I was talking about how I improved at the song I proposed myself as a challenge, since I'm recovering from injury and not confident enough yet to propose myself a physical challenge. The one thing I thought I'd never get right happened: a firm, clear, musical arpeggio for the B-flat.

Yey B-flat!

beginner-guitar-b-flat-bar-chord.jpg

I got a little lost with my physical activities this week as I focused on studying everyday and lost track of time almost everyday. I got around to going to both my swimming classes, though, and just had a run to the supermarket on my bike, which, when you think abut it, is two 20-minute rides, which is something.

I can't be neglecting my stregth training though, however light it be, beacuse I need to strengthen my core if I want to get back to my fun activities: lifting barbells at the gym, rugbying on the beach and cycling for long distances.

There's a bike activists group where I live that lead a ride once a month to draw the attention of the public administration to the needs of cyclists who use the bycicle as a means of transportation. (We're very many, in Fortaleza, and mostly poor people who can't afford a car.) They sound pretty cool and I'm anxious to join them. I didn't dare last ride (they are on the last Friday of each month), since one of my injuries was a broken knee. But my PT told me if I strengthened my core enough, it'd take the stress off my knees some and I'd be able to pedal better without jeopardizing the knees (as well as squat safely and deadlift with a protected back) --- but I need to have a strong core for that. And I need to strength train and do my pilates classes to achieve that.

So in the end it's a matter of political commitment, you see? Let's plank for the revolution, people!

BWL You're just awesome :)  I'm so glad that you ARE progressing and YAY FOR B-FLATS!!!  That's what I want my stomach to be someday to b flat... haha I crack myself up.  As for the ADD, you might be right (I've got a version of that myself).  The important thing is to do what works best for you and this certainly seems to be working very awesomely for you :)

I'd say what you did do was good and yeah you can't really neglect that other workout you're suppose to be doing.  Get that core strong so you can dominate the gym again :)  Are you able to do planks yet?

Six days to go this is how things are:

My musical challenge: good, good indeed! :) I am really impressed at how much progress you can make by sticking to it. The b-flat breakthrough, though BlamedCat made fun of it, really was really cool. And when I play the song now, most times lol, it sounds like actual music.

I was able to record myself playing on the ipad, without a camera so you don't have the distraction of my beautiful green eyes when you assess how good the song sounds. ("Wow, she's a real good guitarist!! Just look at that clivage!" sort of distraction...) Hehehe. No, really, it was a lot harder to play through the entire music without making (very many) mistakes without the aid of a camera. 

You can hear what I sound like by the end of week 5 here.

Other stuff: I just had a reasonably good refeed day yesterday. Couldn't help but eat some of the greasy stuff that presented themselves on the course of watching the Germany squad absolutely crushing a captain-less, star-player-less Brazilian squad... I don't wanna talk about it lol... with my friends, around food and drinks... So my fat stats went a bit up, but I got a good carb load and hopefully I will lose some fat off my own body someday.

10399449_10152566820954493_4061511369541

Yum! Actual pasta! :)

As for exercising, things have been so off I started to get slightly depressed... it's a sign I need to have a drink, I mean, to go back to strength training (phew!)...

Sleep has been a HUGE success tough, as I learned I am capable of waking up to the first buzzing of the alarm, me, who used to be the Queen of the Snooze Button, United Kingdom to Initial Insomnia. Still finding out how this is going to work exactly, but I got this breakthrough here as well, so, yeah, good week.

Studying... hmmm... no, not really... Reading like a maniac though...

• Like 1

Six days to go this is how things are:

My musical challenge: good, good indeed! :) I am really impressed at how much progress you can make by sticking to it. The b-flat breakthrough, though BlamedCat made fun of it, really was really cool. And when I play the song now, most times lol, it sounds like actual music.

I was able to record myself playing on the ipad, without a camera so you don't have the distraction of my beautiful green eyes when you assess how good the song sounds. ("Wow, she's a real good guitarist!! Just look at that clivage!" sort of distraction...) Hehehe. No, really, it was a lot harder to play through the entire music without making (very many) mistakes without the aid of a camera. 

You can hear what I sound like by the end of week 5 here.

Other stuff: I just had a reasonably good refeed day yesterday. Couldn't help but eat some of the greasy stuff that presented themselves on the course of watching the Germany squad absolutely crushing a captain-less, star-player-less Brazilian squad... I don't wanna talk about it lol... with my friends, around food and drinks... So my fat stats went a bit up, but I got a good carb load and hopefully I will lose some fat off my own body someday.

Yum! Actual pasta! :)

As for exercising, things have been so off I started to get slightly depressed... it's a sign I need to have a drink, I mean, to go back to strength training (phew!)...

Sleep has been a HUGE success tough, as I learned I am capable of waking up to the first buzzing of the alarm, me, who used to be the Queen of the Snooze Button, United Kingdom to Initial Insomnia. Still finding out how this is going to work exactly, but I got this breakthrough here as well, so, yeah, good week.

Studying... hmmm... no, not really... Reading like a maniac though...

I was trying to cheer you on and got off on a tangent.  Honest!  :)  I really am excited for you and the progress you're making!  That food, looks amazing... (I can't have it), but looks amazing!!!

Oh yes, lifting!  YES  and drinking... WATER :D

okay, enough of my random thoughts, you're doing great, keep up the fabulous work!

I was trying to cheer you on and got off on a tangent.  Honest!   :)

Did I? Sorry! I didn't even realize it. Honestly mostly I was just thinking of something to say :)

Can I plank? Yeah, I can plank alright ;) I was even considering variations (holding a foot up, doing side planks) before I got off track these past ten days or so. Well, let's blame it on the World Cup :) So I don't have to take any responsibility and can start over again without feelings of guilt. (Sometimes you just have to let one slide hahaha)

Keep cheering! Keep cheering!  :victorious:

• Like 1

Aaaand back to normal today: there's a nice grilled steak underneath that fried egg, what I like to call "hot tomato salad", and it goes with a little bacon, lettuce and cooled chayotes, all with a generous dose of olive oil. Yum.

Carb: 16 g | Prot: 46 g | Fat: 39 g | Cal: 590

10410340_10152567049454493_8059152095242

• Like 2