Team The Newbies

Hi, Team 

It's almost a week into the challenge. How's everyone doing?  

1 Smiling River 2 Sr Irish Miss 3 dtdlurch 4 Josuerivera23 5 KitBi12 6 AnnaC 7 AsaPond

Hope to hear from you all soon. We can do it!  :D

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

Level: 6

STR 10 | DEX 10 | STA 7.5 | CON 13 | WIS 16.5 | CHA 12.5

Ch. 1 Ch. 2 Ch. 3 | Ch. 4| Ch. 5| Ch. 6Ch. 7Ch. 8

RPG Fanatics

"Make a fray of your own." - E.O. Wilson, Advice to Young Scientists

Hi, Unitire

Welcome aboard! 

I'm not the team leader, and haven't heard from anyone. Thus this thread was born! 

So, how was your first week?

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Hi KitBi12!

Well - I've changed up my goals a bit yesterday to reflect some more definitive goals for myself. It was losing weight - but I always get so discouraged when that's my goal. So now, my main plans are to run 5K, work on my handstands, and build up to 5 push-ups.

As for triumphs - I finally managed a crane which was hugely exciting for me!

BUT - I tried it again yesterday and nearly broke my nose. :/ Still trying to figure out how to bail successfully without breaking any of the hardware.

Also: Hi unitire! Welcome to our thread!

How is it going for the two of you??

Fallaces sunt rerum species et hominum spes fallunt.

Asa, 

Your goals sound fantastic. The way my old clothes fit always made me feel way better than checking my weight. Numbers lie. >.>

Crane is huge!  Congrats!  XD  

I'm just starting to learn crow pose. My brother, who has never done yoga but is an athlete, is visiting. I tried to teach him crow, and we just ended up a jumbled pile of limbs.
We have so little balance.  

• Like 1

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

That seems to be how everything works with yoga. One day, it's there is no balance, and then suddenly, your body can just fall into a pose. 

My brother and I ran around NYC yesterday, and we may have eaten something besides bread. Maybe... I'm thinking I'll make a weekend day full of awesome food to make up for it. 
Also, after not eating floury things for a while, my body is not happy with me. Lesson learned, perhaps. 

Other upside to our city trip was walking 10 miles and over 30 flights of stairs. And, The Book of Mormon is hilarious! 

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

That seems to be how everything works with yoga. One day, it's there is no balance, and then suddenly, your body can just fall into a pose. 

My brother and I ran around NYC yesterday, and we may have eaten something besides bread. Maybe... I'm thinking I'll make a weekend day full of awesome food to make up for it. 

Also, after not eating floury things for a while, my body is not happy with me. Lesson learned, perhaps. 

Other upside to our city trip was walking 10 miles and over 30 flights of stairs. And, The Book of Mormon is hilarious! 

So true - and when you least expect it to happen too!

NYC! That sounds like so much fun. Never been but always wanted to!

Sounds like more than enough to me. And I'm sure laughing counts as a workout somewhere.

Laughing definitely counts as a core work-out, right? 

The week has been a bit off food wise (at ~75% and the week isn't over), but I'm not too upset. Having a visitor who is excited to eat out - he's heard about all the awesome local restaurants - and traveling makes everything a bit harder. 
I haven't gone too crazy though. For example, tonight we're going soul food. The breading on fried chicken isn't 'Level 7,' but I'm not going to eat biscuits or mac n' cheese. So, the breading counts against my meal goals, but isn't too bad. >.> (excuses, excuses) 

It's been weird/fun to try different work outs. I didn't do the NF body weight work-out yesterday, but as described above, I feel like a work-out was completed. Tomorrow, we're ditching the gym to go hiking in the Adirondacks. Not the NF work-out I planned on, but it should be a lot of fun. I've been trying to get out hiking for forever! 

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Yay week 4! :)

Obstacles first because always end on a positive note:

I wiped out during my run yesterday and definitely hurt my back. Not a happy person right now. Hopefully some yoga tonight with be enough to make it feel better enough to run tomorrow morning.

Proud Moments:

Running fitness is definitely coming back pretty quickly. I love seeing myself improve - such a motivator.

I did 6 full pushups in a row! :)

One of my housemates commented on my baby arm muscles - which was awesome because I was having a horrid body day and haven't seen any improvements. Thank Odin for observant friends!

What about you guys??

Oh no! Are you okay? You must have been really going at it. 

How much to you normally run? I frequently catch my toes on uneven sidewalk; the fronts of my shoes are constantly scuffed. :P 

Woot! Congrats on the push-ups! That's great. Higher than your challenge goal, ya? 6 push-ups sounds like more than 'baby arm muscles' to me. ;)  

Sorry to hear you've been feeling down. I'm always here to chat if you like. :) 

Obstacles - it was great to have my brother visit and try so new exercise, but, while enjoyable, I don't feel like I got a really good work-out while he was here. 
I didn't do my body weight workout yesterday. I felt really antsy but couldn't focus enough to get it done. I am going to a strength and flow vinyasa class tonight though. So... kind of makes up for it? 

Proud moments - I was easily able to keep up with my athlete brother on all our activities. :) Activity wise, I can't point to too many specifics this past week, but mentally I'm doing better. I don't want 'cheat' foods, and I miss doing my cardio at the gym. That points to mostly-formed habit to me. 

Tests are coming up! I'm visiting home (family, friends, 'in-laws) over the weekend and then starting a new job. Having my schedule thrown up in the air and the change in stress from unemployed to working will test the foundation of my new habits. 

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

On the forums, we're very focused on fitness and health.  

What do y'all do outside of Nerd Fitness? What makes you happy? 

How have you had to alter your life in order to accommodate your first challenge? 

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

What do y'all do outside of Nerd Fitness? What makes you happy? 

How have you had to alter your life in order to accommodate your first challenge? 

What makes me happy?

post-8312-What-is-best-in-life-To-crush-

Or just playing Super Mario RPG. 

As for altering; this time I had to wake up earlier to make sure I got my morning walk with my dog finished before the sun started coming out and melting me.