So I tried the battle log once, and I only made it one page before I stopped rewriting my workouts in the forums. I'm trying it again, and I'm hoping that this one will keep itself out of obsolescence for a bit longer. All weights are in pounds. I apologize to my metric friends for my laziness.

Lifts:

Deadlift: 405 Goal: 545

Front Squat: 285 Goal: 365

Press: 150 Goal: 225

I tested these just recently, and they didn't come as far along as I had predicted. I chalk that up entirely to not having a set plan. The following program is far more strict.

Monday- Front Squat

Tuesday- Press

Wednesday- Deadlift

Thursday- Press

Friday- Front Squat

Saturday- Grip

Every day will begin with the lift mentioned. Presses will be done following a linear progression of 3x3. If I get all three sets of all three reps, I'll bump the weight up by five pounds. The deadlifts will follow this program. They will all be done with a double-overhand grip The squats are the hardest part to explain, but I'll be following this with a few tweaks. Since I'll be deadlifting on Wednesdays, I won't be doing the working sets of squats except every four weeks when there are no deadlifts. I'm also calling Saturday a grip day, as grip is most of what I'll be doing. However, it'll also be my "sweep" day that I'll use as a way to correct postural issues and generally keep myself capable of the next week.

Just so that I'm recording everything, my deadlifts are done with a double-overhand grip. I'll practice my hook grip on Saturdays. Strict barbell overhead presses will be done with a thumbless grip, because I'm able to lift ~10% more weight that way. However, any other form of overhead press (push press, dumbbell press, etc.) will be done with the thumb wrapped. Front squats are done with a clean grip.

Assistance exercises will fall into two classes: unilateral and bodyweight. The only exception is weighted dips and weighted chins. I may do those on occasion. Also, I may also include unilateral bodyweight stuff as I become proficient at it. Pistol squats are currently the only one I can do, but one-arm push-ups and one-arm chin-ups are on my list. If you know of any I should add, please let me know.

Fret not, for this will all make sense over the next few weeks. I'm not very good at explaining my programs, so be patient and wait for the examples. Input or questions are welcome.

I translate things into Latin. Send me a pm.

| Human Flag | One-arm Chinup | | 20 Bar Muscle-ups | | 225 Press | | 365lb Front Squat | | 515lb Deadlift | | Freestanding HSPU | | Gain 15lb | 

Battle Log

It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question and he'll look for his own answers.

Anyone can love a thing because. That's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket. But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.

We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.   - Patrick Rothfuss

Gain 15lbs

42%
42%

Monday: Front Squat

Front squat max: 290

Front squat 3x2 @ 235, 240, 245

Box jumps 24"x10, 42"x5, 46"x5, 46"x5

Muscle-ups 3EMOM x 5min= 15

Foam rolling

| Human Flag | One-arm Chinup | | 20 Bar Muscle-ups | | 225 Press | | 365lb Front Squat | | 515lb Deadlift | | Freestanding HSPU | | Gain 15lb | 

Battle Log

It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question and he'll look for his own answers.

Anyone can love a thing because. That's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket. But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.

We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.   - Patrick Rothfuss

Gain 15lbs

42%
42%

Tuesday: Press

3x3 OHP @ 135

Front squat to max: 285, 295(f)

Weighted dips: 45x8, 70x4, 55x6, 60x5

OAOHP: 40x8 40x6, 40x6

I've decided that Tuesdays will be my "push" upper body days and Thursdays will be my "pull" upper body days. The main reason is that I don't want to compromise my grip the day before deadlifts. As I've renounced the mixed grip so that I will build a stronger grip and I'm still working on being less of a pussy about the hook grip, making sure I have the best grip is in my best interest for now. Tuesday and Thursday will still begin with the press though; it's just the auxiliary movements that will be determined by the day. 

I broke the last set of presses, so it's 135 on Thursday as well. Front squats went well, even though I didn't break my PR. That was expected after the presses tough. I'll get 295 this week. I was going to do ring dips instead of weighted bar dips, but then I realized summer - and pecs (a little vanity never hurt anyone). And I just got a set of rings for my house, so I'd rather use the weights where they're available. One-arm OHP was also pretty good; I do the same weight and reps for each side. I have a pretty severe left-right imbalance, so I'm planning to include at least one unilateral exercise every day.

Battle Log

Gain 15lbs

42%
42%

Wednesday: Deadlift

5x5 deadlift @ 285

Front squat to max: 295(PR), 300(f)

That was it. That's probably how most of my deadlift workouts will look. Some deadlifts following the plan in my first post, and then front squatting to max.

My grip started to fail me on the second-to-last set of pulls, and I had to switch to a mixed grip for the very last rep. Grip will certainly be a priority on Saturday. I also noticed that  my arms are slightly bent throughout the lift, so that's something I'll be watching for over the next couple of weeks. Front squats went off without a hitch, and I was feeling really energetic after the PR, so I slapped some chips on to satisfy my compulsive nature, but it was not meant to be. I got down to the bottom and got my hams back off my calves, and then my knee turned in and my power level dropped to zero. However, I still got the PR.

Battle Log

Gain 15lbs

42%
42%

Thursday: Press

3x3 OHP @ 135

FStM: 295, 300, 305(f)

DB row w/ Fat Gripz: 55x10, 60x9, 65x8, 70x8

Weighted Chins: 25x8, 25x5, 20x6, 0x9

Pressing was unbroken, so 3x3@140 next week. I also finally broke the arbitrary 300lb barrier on front squats. I wish I could give better commentary on this workout, but it was really rather uneventful beyond the first two lifts. Sorry.

Battle Log

Gain 15lbs

42%
42%