Copied over from my challenge thread, in which I'm training for my first kayak trip down a river:

GUYS GUYS GUYS! I did it!! First day in my kayak, and I successfully performed my first combat roll! (meaning, I was underwater in the current, and I flipped myself over and out of the water)

I spent the whole day at the US National Whitewater Center in Charlotte, NC.  First off, this place is SO COOL. If you're ever around Charlotte and have an interest in whitewater, climbing, biking, hiking, adventure courses, or zipline, check it out.

I took two classes; in the morning I had a kayak sampler, in which I discovered that I am excellent at ending up upside down.  I learned how to wet exit, do some ferrying, catch an eddy, and overall gained confidence working with the boat.  In the afternoon I took my roll clinic, and I actually rolled! In calmer water, my instructor said my roll was beautiful.  I have a tendency to freak out in rougher currents, and I did have a moment of panic, but I got back in my boat and rolled again...and again...and again.

And bonus woot: I was able to load my kayak on top of my car, strap it down, and successfully transport it by myself, which, as a very independent female, I'm super proud of.

Happy Day :D

AnnaBJoyful: Christ-Follower, Swing Dancer, Researcher, Traveler, Lover of Life

Level 2 Human | Dance-Ninja-Assassin
STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

Challenge 1