Joshua says hello to all

Hi all,

My name is Joshua and no Josh please. 8-) I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and making this a great place. I am currently getting started working out regularly using the book "Starting Strength" by Mark Rippetoe and really find it a great resource. Currently focusing on bench presses and squats; once I actually buy it I plan to start ramping up to the full program.

Have a good one.

Hey Josh, (just kidding :lol: )

How are you?! welcome to this community, everyone here is really sweet and encouraging. Make a post on the workout battle logs, to keep yourself accounted for .

Might I suggest, if you are doing squats, to try to go as low as if you were to sit in a chair, that really helps me feel the burn, and squeeze your butt cheeks as you do it. this might be DUH for you, so i apologize.

Starting strength is the best book i've ever read when it comes to lifting weights. I mean, there's 70 pages on squats. I thought i knew everything there is to know about this squats, and I completely changed my style after reading SS.

Just awesome stuff.

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.