Aspiring Assassin?

A little background on me: I'm 28, female, 5'9" and currently ~190lbs. This is down from a high of 222lbs 2 years ago (got down to 180 in a year and gained 10lbs back in the second year). I'm in the oh so active occupation of accountancy which means if I don't seek out exercise I get absolutely none. I think my ideal weight is about 160lbs but I'm not stuck on a number I care more about how I feel and look.

I've always considered myself to be more of a "ranger" but in reading the class descriptions on here I think I actually fall into the Assassin class. I don't really want to work out in a gym, I hated lifting when I worked with a trainer last year. I want to be strong but don't really care about how much I can bench press or dead lift. While parkour always looked cool to me it was never something I aspired to, but I did a mudrun last year and loved it. I haven't tried it yet but I think I'd also really enjoy mountain climbing. I have no desire to be a "runner" but I want to be able to run if needed without dying.

So I'm getting back into a workout routine after about a year of slacking. I'm doing the NerdFitness beginning bodyweight routine 2-3 times a week and was going to do Zumba 1-2 times a week and water aerobics 1-2 times a week. Unfortunately I live 30 minutes from anywhere so my options are a little limited. The water aerobics class is about 5 miles away and starting up next week Mon, Tues, & Thurs (I'll only do 1 or 2 a week) so we'll see how that goes once I can give it a try. There's a Zumba class in the same area 1 day a week but unfortunately after next week they're taking the summer off. I thought I found another Zumba class 2 days a week 10 miles away but I think it's no longer going. I did find out last night that I can get YouTube on my Roku so I can stream exercise videos to my tv

• Like 1

Welcome to the Rebellion!!  Have you discovered the 6 week challenges?

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Thank you! I actually joined a six week challenge when I joined the rebellion early last year...and did exactly nothing. Yup, I joined right about the time I started slacking off. I'm probably going to wait at least a little while before joining another one. I have a tendency to want to jump in with both feet and make a bunch of changes, then fail at most of them. I'm trying really hard to not do that this time.

My primary goal for the rest of summer is to just get in the habit of working out regularly. I'm trying some different things to see what I like and hammering out a schedule that I'll actually want to stick to.

When I was doing well before I gave up my beloved Dr. Pepper and got my diet basically under control and I've stuck to those fairly well despite giving up on exercising. So while I'm recommitting to doing well in these areas they will take very little effort (I've only been drinking one or two a week and only going out to eat with DH on the weekends). Later I'll focus on improving my diet more and cutting out the water flavorings I've replaced Dr. Pepper with but just getting my ass moving is my primary goal for now

• Like 1

So this weekend was a failure workout-wise but damn it feels good to do nothing once in a while. We always seem to be doing something between multiple D&D groups and family out of state so with no plans this weekend I did some house purging Saturday (we're looking to move in the next year and I'm getting rid of a ton of crap) and some Breaking Bad binge watching yesterday. I did okay eating, not great but not completely horrible either.

Today though, I take my first water aerobics class. I kind of hope I like it so I'll have an exercise class I stick to but I kind of hope I don't because it's $5/class and I'm in get-out-of-debt-asap mode and hate spending money I don't have to

So here's my biggest obstacle: my husband. He's an amazing and supportive husband but he has zero desire to work out and that makes it hard for me to work out when he's home...which is just about always when I am because we work the same hours. I'm planning on cutting back on some of the gaming just so there are times I have to myself where I'm more likely to work out. Anyone else find good ways to overcome this?

Water aerobics was okay. I don't feel like I got a real workout out of it but then again I think that's the point :) I'll give it a few more tries to see what comes out of it.

Zumba tonight. I haven't gone with this instructor yet but I've enjoyed the classes I've done so far. I'm actually considering getting my teaching license and coordinating a class in town just so I have something close and know it will fit my schedule (and I have to go if people are relying on me :P ). Unfortunatly the instructor course is about $200 and in as small of a town as I live in I can basically never expect to earn it back. So I'm going to take some more classes first to see if it's something I'd actually really want to do.

Another thing that is hopefully coming down the pipes is roller skating. They tried starting a "DerbyLite" class in a nearby city which is basically a "learn how to skate and learn the basics for roller derby" class. I signed up for it but there weren't enough other people signed up so they postponed. They're going to try again in the fall but until then the instructor is trying to get an informal skating class going at the same time DerbyLite was supposed to be. So far no word on if that is happening though