What are you listening to?

Garth

BLACK KEYS!!!

Just picked up the "Little Steven's Underground Garage:The Coolest Songs in the World" series from my local library. 7 discs to sort through

I have to mix it up or I get bored, but I stay away from Country, rap, and new R&B. Just went through a Motorhead, Tool, Priestess phase recently though.

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

In heavy rotation on my iPod right now is:

Minus The Bear

Fitz & The Tantrums

Matt and Kim (great to workout to!!!)

AWOLNATION (also great to workout to.)

Two Door Cinema Club (oh, who am I kidding, they are all great to workout to!)

Foster The People

Wallpaper.

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

MY RECORDS! We remodeled this Summer and I was forced to crate up the record collection and move it into the basement. I have finally reassembled the stereo and my records in my new record room/office/nerd den. I had several that I had purchased over the last few months that were unopened and it's nice to finally bust em' out.

I'm going to go big, but then I'd like to go home.

Hob's Starting Strength Log

Loving bluesy rock right bands right now. Any other recomendations?

Black Keys - All albums (Can't wait for the new one next month!)

White Stripes - All albums

Rolling Stones (ok, they're more than Blues, but they do good blues too) - All Albums

Also, older hip hop albums

DangerDoom - Danger Mouse & MF Doom collab

White People and So How's Your Girl - Handsome Boy Modelling School (Prince Pall & Dan the Automator collab)

The Love Movement - Tribe Called Quest

Quick edit:

Wanted to add that I'm wanting to get into some vinyl, got a few old records from my Dad's collection, and a few of my own. Just need a working stereo and turntable now ...

I just downloaded LMFAO "Sexy and I Know It"....yes yes I know.... I hate it when driving in the car...but its going to be awesome when I'm doing deadlifts and squats today!

That song makes me smile every time I hear it. You can't take it seriously. Just can't. No way.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Lots of Trance (my go to genre...AVB, Tiesto, Marcus Schulz, Dash Berlin, Above and Beyond, Ferry Corsten, etc)

Love 90's Alternative (Pearl Jam, Silverchair, Alice in Chains, Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, etc)

Mix it up with 90's Rap and Hip Hop (Biggie, Pac, Dre, Snoop, Bone, Warren G, LL Cool J, etc)

For something mellow:

Soundtracks (James Horner, Hans Zimmer, , etc)

And for something heavier:

NiN

Nightwish

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I normally listen to the dropkick murphys while exercising... which is fine until I get to "the Fields of Athenry", at which point I want to punch the nearest english person ... which is me.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

I can't listen to my own music when running or working out. Too much of it is slow paced, and I notice my self slowing or not putting in the same effort. The gym has their horrible music, but its usually got a high BPM. Though the last few days it hasn't been working, and I love the quiet! (I go first thing in the morning though, so the gym isn't bursting at the seem with grunting bros and gym heros.)

As we're now officially in to December, the Christmas music is on heavy rotation. How I love thee, Beach Boys Christmas album.

i hear this! also, She & Him Christmas, Mariah Carey, Weezer, and Michael Buble, that classy son of a gun.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.