llw finds her motivation

littlewings

So after a month and a half of nerd time (I know, I'm spoiled), I now have time to take all the inspirational sparks I get from you all and put it to work on improving my habits (again).

Right now I'm living with my mom/back home because I've missed friends here and I wanted to be here for our Toronto Meet-Up. I can't afford to transfer to gym here though (18$-biweekly would go up to 25$-biweekly), there is still no way in hell I can afford to go back to muay thai again and I'm still unemployed. But we've still got things to work on that I can squeeze in within the last month of this challenge:

1. Mobilize

• once every day

2. Organize & Minimize

• Clean up my entire room, divided in parts: Bookshelves (already mostly done), dresser, side table, bed-headboard shelf thing, and posters. There are too many childhood things that need to either be put away or tossed.
  • Get rid of my carpet
  • Donate books, stuffed animals, etc.

3. Prioritize

• Less gaming and spending money, more doing homework and applying for jobs. So, each day I have to either (i) study 1/2 a unit or add a page to my paper that's due in September; or (ii) apply to at least 3 jobs.
  • Start putting money away for visiting SirEarl this December
    • Exception: 2 games off Steam ... Summer sale. 2 games I want are on sale for $2.50 ea.

tumblr_mn5x30oBRj1spjncfo1_400.gif

• Like 2

Some accomplishments this week:

• PAIN CAVE. 1.5 minutes is record for holding the damn squat position. I did not think it was this hard, so guess I'll have to increase the time every half minute or so. No wonder my mobility is so bad. >.<
  • Applied to a bunch of jobs. Possibility of an interview from one place at least ... fingers crossed.
  • Room has also been cleaned. I'll upload some photos later. It's still not as clear as I'd like it too but I've collected lots of stuff to get rid of at least.
  • I went to the gym! Did 3x5x45 for squats; 3x3x45 & 1x3x95 for deadlift

Updating from phone so bear with me!

* I have a job interview for next weekend. And I'm hoping that this is the one.

* I fell. Pretty sure my ankle rolled but anyway, fell pretty hard and got a nice hematoma on my shin to prove it. Gonna take it easy in the squats and incorporate strengthening ankles again.

* If I get the job, I can move back to my place and use the gym regularly again!

* Gone away to a friend's cottage for the weekend so taking a short Canada Day break, but still studying while I'm here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just remember you don't have to do anything too funky with the ankles... unless you've been needing rehab for a while... <_<

>.> Yeah... This has really been going on for a while, huh? My issue is routine. I need to figure out a set time to do my mobility and strengthening and then do it every day at that time. Let's say, every morning, after breakfast from now on.

I miss you!!!! Also good luck with the interview! Do not pretend it's a Catspaw interview. Too much giggling.

I miss you too! And I think it will go better than that, haha. :)

Hello!!!! How's that ankle doing? I hope you feel better!

Hiiii! Sore, but okay! 

I have a feeling you're like me and know what you need to do to rehab it .. But haven't.

If I'm wrong, let me know and I'll get you the rehab stuffs

Yeah, sort of. I know a bunch of exercises that I could do to help pit, but I still haven't gotten a straight answer as to why my ankles have always been so weak.

Oh well, more calf raises. 

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii i just found you.

ohai. 

So, I can put weight on the ankle just fine which is great for calf raises and wobble board exercises. I just can't rotate it til it heals a bit more so no more ten-minute squat for a while.

Ankles by nature are weak since they're a multi bone ball joint held together by tendons. Once you sprain it badly the tendon is looser and the brain doesn't send the signals when you start to roll your ankle any more because it has literally lost sight of where your ankle is.

Work on ankle dexterity to retrain the brain and ankle strength to fortify the tendons.

Dexterity:

-write the alphabet with your foot.

-lightly tap the floor with the ball of your foot repeatedly. You want to be able to juuust baaarely touch the floor off ankle flexion alone.

Strength:

-Band pulls for external rotation and flexion.

-Calf raises & pause on the ball of your foot

Once those are easy do them with your eyes closed. That help finalize the brain signals to your ankle.

Current Challenge: Wufkar Stops Making Excuses

------------------------------------------------------

Ankles by nature are weak since they're a multi bone ball joint held together by tendons. Once you sprain it badly the tendon is looser and the brain doesn't send the signals when you start to roll your ankle any more because it has literally lost sight of where your ankle is.

Work on ankle dexterity to retrain the brain and ankle strength to fortify the tendons.

Dexterity:

-write the alphabet with your foot.

-lightly tap the floor with the ball of your foot repeatedly. You want to be able to juuust baaarely touch the floor off ankle flexion alone.

Strength:

-Band pulls for external rotation and flexion.

-Calf raises & pause on the ball of your foot

Once those are easy do them with your eyes closed. That help finalize the brain signals to your ankle.

Hmm I haven't heard those dexterity ones. I did one where you stand on one leg for 2 minutes straight with the eyes closed... buuut those seem less tedious. I can do those before bed. 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines