• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cheechoe

Side Quest 3: Put Your Hips Into It!!

These look amazing when you do them. I've just tried - never mind hip immobility, it seems to be my hamstrings that are the limiting factor when I try to kick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of the times, you wil find, with drill such as these you feel them in your limiting factor. My hips flexors felt this before my quads or T-band because the latter are already fairly developed. I kick a lot. To a non- kicker you may feel it in your hamstrings, or even your obliques. Some feel just hips.

It's a multi-faceted (YAY BONE PUNS!!! xD) movement, so you have potential to be sore in maaaaany places. :)YAY!!

Oh ...... that felt good.  Thank you, sensei!!!

Muahahahhaaaaa. yes. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. ;)

I sent another person here after I praised "Cheechoe's Stretching Thing". 

This thread shall never die.

True story.. Adventurer here... Heard a rumour about hip mobility.  Don't mind if I do!

• Like 2

Holy Hannah @_@; 

I just got done with one round of this... and here's what I learned: 

1) Sampson stretch is awesome... but my hip and knees both popped when getting into position lol  It felt good?

2) Delilah Stretch is equally great, but I could only put my arms straight down to the ground.. there's no way I'm getting down to forearms yet. 

3) Deep Squat was more like "almost parallel squat" lol  Definitely going to have to work on these

4) Dog Hump Floor Stretch (giggle) felt great

For the kicks, I had a hard time even doing them, and my hips feel tighter after the kicks than before I started--is that normal for someone with no experience and apparently little hip mobility?

Holy Hannah @_@; 

I just got done with one round of this... and here's what I learned: 

1) Sampson stretch is awesome... but my hip and knees both popped when getting into position lol  It felt good?

2) Delilah Stretch is equally great, but I could only put my arms straight down to the ground.. there's no way I'm getting down to forearms yet. 

3) Deep Squat was more like "almost parallel squat" lol  Definitely going to have to work on these

4) Dog Hump Floor Stretch (giggle) felt great

For the kicks, I had a hard time even doing them, and my hips feel tighter after the kicks than before I started--is that normal for someone with no experience and apparently little hip mobility?

*Barry White voice*

Awwwww yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh......

Cheechoe, I just started Muay Thai and Brazilian jiu-jitsu and this is just what I was looking for! Thank you, lifesaver, you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yay!! Just starting BOTH!?! Go you!