This is Night Hawk, over...

I'm not really Night Hawk though, but my name is Alan, I'm 22 years old and live in the Netherlands.

Been reading the blog and browsing the forums for a while now, but finally decided to sign up.

So first a bit about myself. I've started my weight loss/fitness journey a couple of years ago. I got at a point where I thought: This can't go on like this, look at yourself. So since then I made an 180 degree flip from my previous lifestyle. Since then I lost most of the weight I wanted to lose, I am not fat anymore. But I'm still not where I want to be. This is mostly due to the fact that I keep messing up my diet. I stick to it for 2-3 weeks and then BAM!! Everything goes out the window and I eat. Which makes me sad, because why do I do that. I don't need it.

So one of the reasons I signed up is to find someone who can hold me accountable for my actions, because I don't have someone at home to do that.

Other than that I just like to meet new people and share stories, information etc, and maybe make new friends along the way.

Thanks for reading. :)

Hi Alan and welcome to NF. The "accountabuddies" may be for you as the group encourages each other, lots of different groups to meet all types of goals.

Good luck.

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.

Welcome aboard! I understand messing up the diet. I love to eat! One thing I started doing after my initial push was letting myself eat what I wanted on Saturday. Yeah it slowed down my weight loss but knowing on Saturday I could have fried chicken and ice cream and all the other good stuff made being good all week really easy. Eventually when Saturday rolled around I didn't want nearly as much of the bad stuff as I did in the beginning. 

Level 6 - Scout

Challenges - Lost Diary of a Scout

#5#4#3#2#1

Hi Alan, I totally relate to making great progress and then having a wrench thrown in the works. One thing I need to work on myself is to be ok with messing up/ skipping a workout and to just continue plodding on my way. I am too much of a perfectionist thinker sometimes, and it's really hurt my efforts for weight loss.

Welcome!

Phaedra