Hello everybody! My name is Rachel and I just created my account yesterday. Trying to get healthy, shed some pounds, and also learn balance between computer time (game time) and outside/no computer time. 

I live in New Mexico and I'm college student going for three degrees and a minor. Animal Science, Range Science, and Geology with the minor in GIS (Geographic Information System). I also return to ROTC in the spring after a close call with my knee.

My big plans and long term goal is running. I've always wanted to be a marathon runner. For ROTC I have to be able to run two miles in 17 minutes and running isn't my strong suit.

I do play World of Warcraft but I have to get me some more time. I also play Hearthstone.

*Waves*  

• Like 4

Going for three degrees! Geology, Range Science, and Animal Science with a minor in GIS!

Welcome to the Rebellion!!!!  We can help you meet your goals - check out the Scouts for help in training for a marathon .... or even the shorter distance!!

There's a lot to take in - but take it slowly and you'll pick it up as you go.

If you want more accountability, I do recommend the 6-week challenges.  During these challenges, you pick a few goals to work on that will help you improve your life.  6 weeks is usually enough time to let you decide if the new activities are helpful and work for you .... or not. And that's long enough to establish new habits that you can turn into a healthier lifestyle.

The current challenge started June 9th, but you can still get in on the fun.  You'd start as a Level 1 Rebel (http://rebellion.ner...level-1-rebels/) .... which is where you LEARN about all of the stats, guilds, rpg character, and so on as well as working at setting SMART goals.  You still get to adopt what works for you, and you can ignore the rest.  Some very successful NF people never bother with classes or stat points or race or so on.  They just hang out in the guild that suits their goals best.

Even MOAR accountability?  We have accountability groups of 7 or so people who check up on each other frequently during a challenge.  Plus lots of other, optional fun.

Let us know how we can help you achieve your goals.  Post here ... or you can message me with the envelope icon at the upper right of the screen.

Good luck!!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

HEY I"M GIS STUDENT TOO! currently and earth science major and interning as a GIS field analyst! mostly mapping water utilities kinda boring but interesting!

Half-Orc Level 1

Ranger in Training

Progress:Down 116 pounds

Final Boss: Stubborn Belly Fat

Mission: Destroy All Fat Cells

Side Quest: Walking to Mordor

1779 miles x 5280 ft = 9,393,120 ft

avg distance/step 2.5ft

9,393,120/2.5= 3,757,248 steps to Mordor

Steps taken: 51,126 = 24.2 miles

First Challenge + WODs + Food Diary:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/50146-shaneshu87s-first-challenge/

and welcome to the Rebellion!

Half-Orc Level 1

Ranger in Training

Progress:Down 116 pounds

Final Boss: Stubborn Belly Fat

Mission: Destroy All Fat Cells

Side Quest: Walking to Mordor

1779 miles x 5280 ft = 9,393,120 ft

avg distance/step 2.5ft

9,393,120/2.5= 3,757,248 steps to Mordor

Steps taken: 51,126 = 24.2 miles

First Challenge + WODs + Food Diary:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/50146-shaneshu87s-first-challenge/

Leeeeeeroooooooooy Jeeeeeenkiiiiiiins!

Ok, I have said what I came here to say....

Seriously though, although I came for your thread title, I'll stay for the cheering, I look forward to seeing your progress.

Welcome to the rebellion!

• Like 1

Level: 3 - Wood Elf - Wanderer

STR: 0 | DEX: 5 | STA: 11 | CON: 5 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 2

Challenges: 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | Current

"Quit...don't quit...noodles...don't noodles. You are too concerned with what was, and what will be"

- Master Oogway

Heya Spark! Can't wait to put on my dancing shoes!

Haha! Greenleaf! At first I had no idea what to title my post, but then, during a game of Hearthstone I saw the Leroy Jenkins card and when that card gets destroyed it says, "At least I had Chicken". I was like, "Yup!...YUP!" XD

Lok'tar orgar SillyAnneh! For the Horde! My highest level is a 83 Orc Hunter, and yes, with the exception of the years I played City of Heroes, I played WoW for over 7 years or so. Never made it to any level cap. I plan to now.

Going for three degrees! Geology, Range Science, and Animal Science with a minor in GIS!

Welcome to the Rebellion! 

I love your majors!!! AnSci was actually one of my 3 (woot!) What are you planning on doing with it long run?

I haven't gotten to play WoW yet, mostly because my computer's a ChromeBook so there's no way it could handle the game :( One of these days though, I'll get to do some raids etc. Though I really want to play ESO too (sigh) sooo many RPG's, so little time. Good luck getting to that level cap!

Current Challenge: Developing Roots

To be honest, no clue. All I know is I want a job where I'm either outdoors most of the time or in a lab. I'm leaning towards a job in Geology mostly. Maybe work at the Los Alamos Lab here in New Mexico or something exciting. I just do not want to be a NEPA troll. That's when the job stops becoming exciting and is just a job.

However, when you get your sazzy new computer (whenever that'll be) just let me know and maybe put a small group together. I own a guild in Area 52. It's really just me in it, but I also have my main server Wyrmrest Accord. I'm in a guild there.

• Like 1