Coming in a Little Late

Better late then never. 

Introduction: My name is Rachel and I'm a college student. I live in New Mexico where the days are hot and clouds are considered eye candy (because the only thing they do is cover the sun, unless it's the monsoon season XD). I love to hike, rock hunt, and Geocache. I'm also going for three degrees and a minor; Animal Science, Range Science, and Geology with the minor in GIS.

Main Quest: Run 2 miles under 17 minutes.

Quest 1: Loose 10 pounds. 

Quest 2: Jog or run non-stop for 1 mile.

Quest 3: Drink 5 glasses of water a day.

Life Quest: Graduate from School.

Motivation: ROTC is a big motivator, however, my other motivation is to look better and gain endurance.

Life Level 1 [EXP to level: 20] (Spreadsheet on paper, since Excel and I do not get along.) 

18%
18%

Loose 50 pounds

0%
0%

If anybody can think of a way to improve this list I would appreciate it. 

• Like 3

Going for three degrees! Geology, Range Science, and Animal Science with a minor in GIS!

great goals!

Half-Orc Level 1

Ranger in Training

Progress:Down 116 pounds

Final Boss: Stubborn Belly Fat

Mission: Destroy All Fat Cells

Side Quest: Walking to Mordor

1779 miles x 5280 ft = 9,393,120 ft

avg distance/step 2.5ft

9,393,120/2.5= 3,757,248 steps to Mordor

Steps taken: 51,126 = 24.2 miles

First Challenge + WODs + Food Diary:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/50146-shaneshu87s-first-challenge/

sticker,375x360.u1.png

• Like 2

Some kind of Jedi .....

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

“THE QUESTION ISN'T WHO IS GOING TO LET ME; IT'S WHO IS GOING TO STOP ME?” Ayn Rand

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49

Nice to meet you, Rachel! These are some great goals. I started late as well, but like you said, better late than never! Good luck with all of them, and be sure to check in from time to time and let the rest of us know how you are doing! :)

Level 2 Wolfman Assassin

STR: 3|DEX: 4|STA: 3|CON: 3|WIS: 1|CHA: 2

Inventory: Assassin Race Ticket x1

Never take the easy route; hard mode is its own reward!

Next Challenge: The Trainee Assassin

Completed Challenges: A New Beginning

Alright, for today I had two full glasses of water. I went 8 months without a soda, until today. My cousin gave me one, and I was all, "One couldn't hurt." Next thing I knew, I had a Root Beer Float from Sonic. Ugh, my life. 

On a good note though, I'll be in bed before 11:30 pm rather than 1:30 am. I also worked a bit on my permanent notes. Those two goes towards my life level. I'll put that on my first post soon.  

• Like 2

Going for three degrees! Geology, Range Science, and Animal Science with a minor in GIS!

Indeed, they are incredibly addictive. One of my quests for this six weeks is to limit myself to one sugary drink per day, and it can be especially hard when friends and family want to drink tons of the stuff. Kudos to you for trying to help your Mom as well!

Level 2 Wolfman Assassin

It's hard for my first quest since my scale broke and nobody told me. So, tomorrow I'm babysitting and I think she has one. I'm at her house enough to do at least weekly weigh ins.

My water intake is doing great! I did have one soda today but it was to keep it awake. Clouds, thunderstorms, rain, all make me fall asleep really bad, and since we are expected more and worse thunderstorms tomorrow, I'm training myself to stay awake. (Don't want to fall asleep on a hyper 2 year old.) The side effects though are pretty bad, so I stocked up on headache meds and Earl Grey tea.

Jogging or running has been a no-go lately. I want to change that. The only thing really slowing that down is the triple digit heat. I can jog at night, and that's what I plan to do. 

Hey peeps! I've been gone for a few days. It wasn't just the holiday. I had a sick kitty. With the holiday it made it worse to find a vet since mine was closed the day before the 4th. Found one and she is doing much better! Meet Bidy Juice!

e9f7f7a1-8a12-4e81-9865-3ecd24126f1f_zps

• Like 2

Did an hour and a half walk this morning with a friend. Feel great!

That's quite a walk! I'm glad you have a friend you can walk with. Having someone to go with makes things much more fun and can help to push you forward when things look rough.

Your cat is beautiful, by the way. Glad to hear she's doing better! :)

Level 2 Wolfman Assassin

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines