The Amazing SpideyStrength Issue #1!

Salutations! I'm Olivia and you're reading my first challenge. I came into the challenge a bit late, but I actually started before I created this thread so I'm probably right on track. I have wanted to get into shape for years, fantasising about having muscles, lifting heavy things, and running side by side with my friends on the cross country and track teams. (Also I wanted to look great in my upcoming cosplay!)

My main quest is to become stronger and improve my diet. I am satisfied with the shape of my body, so I'm not aiming to lose weight, but I've lost 8 pounds so far and a few inches from my waist, hips, and thighs so I'm not complaining either ;)

First, I aim to work out 4-5 times a week. This will include two/three gym days lifting weights and two/three days running. I also have a wingman; I've had my cousin start a fitness quest of her own and we will be working together :) I'll be using Starting Strength for lifting and circuit training for running. Oh; and I need to remember to stretch before and after my workouts.

Second, I am cutting out vegetable, corn, safflower, and canola oils and sugar. I'm not in a position right now to go full paleo, so that's the best I can do until September.

Third, I want to increase my protein consumption. This will be the most difficult part as protein is very expensive where I'm living this summer. I really like Staci's 'chicken breast in a baggie' idea so I will be doing that often.

My Life Quest is to improve my German skills. I just met a neighbour of mine who turned out to be German so I plan to speak with her often. And if any of our fellow rebels speak German, don't hesitate to comment in German if you want! ;)

My motivation is to look great in a Captain America cosplay by 4 September for Salt Lake Comic Con. It might seem silly, but it's something I've wanted for years and I've finally had the resources to create a beautiful costume so it really is motivational for me! (Also, if I make my fitness goals I'll let myself get a real spun aluminium shield!! Aahhhh!!)

• Like 3

level 3 | super-human
str 8 | dex 4 | sta 8 | con 6.5 | wis 5 | cha 4

#1 #2 #3 #4

YAY! Cosplay related goals are the BEST. (I'm aiming to, hopefully, cosplay Black Widow in August) All the Marvel love. <3

Also all the weight lifting love. <3 It just feels so awesome and feeling strong is awesome. Welcome to NF and I'll follow your thread to make sure to see your progress. I would love to see pictures of your cosplay in progress too. :D 

• Like 1

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

YAY! Cosplay related goals are the BEST. (I'm aiming to, hopefully, cosplay Black Widow in August) All the Marvel love. <3

Also all the weight lifting love. <3 It just feels so awesome and feeling strong is awesome. Welcome to NF and I'll follow your thread to make sure to see your progress. I would love to see pictures of your cosplay in progress too. :D

Thank you! I have a thread on the RPF for my costume progress; my username is Nebula there if you want to look it up. I haven't gotten very far yet :) I'd like to see yours too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

level 3 | super-human

#1 #2 #3 #4

Thank you! I have a thread on the RPF for my costume progress; my username is Nebula there if you want to look it up. I haven't gotten very far yet :) I'd like to see yours too!

I will definitely check it out! And good job on doing great your first two days. :D

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Day 3: it rained so I ran indoors today. it turned out well though; there was a very attractive young man in the gym with me and his presence (and the fact that he had been going like 20 mph on the elliptical for as long as I had been running) was enough to make sure I didn't slack off on my fast intervals!! Haha!! But seriously, I thought he was about to fly off that thing.

• Like 1

level 3 | super-human

#1 #2 #3 #4

Is he Barry Allen? Wow!

Good job, you're doing really well! :)

Drinking tea with the Mad Hatter; sorry for any typos, sent from Tapatalk.

• Like 1

Haha he might be!

I didn't exercise today because of the Fourth activities, but I did eat a lot of protein ;) in fact, I got a bunch of free sausage leftovers from the barbecue I went to! [emoji14] ooh and I made some nice progress on my Cap costume even though I worked today!

• Like 2

level 3 | super-human

#1 #2 #3 #4

How is the lifting going? Had to look up Barry Allen. :rolleyes: I guess I am more of a Marvel guy.

I had to think for a minute, too. I'm all over Marvel.

Lifting's going okay! I've got my cousin who goes with me and we keep each other in line ;) I'll post stats and stuff on sunday

• Like 1

level 3 | super-human

#1 #2 #3 #4

New pr!! I shaved almost an entire minute (55s) from my min/km pace today! And I paced myself so well it didn't feel like I was going much faster than usual, but I didn't get tired so easily. :) i kept each interval's speed consistent and i pushed myself more than I have in the past. I was flyin'! [emoji125]

I am very proud of my run today!! [emoji1]

• Like 3

level 3 | super-human

#1 #2 #3 #4

For weekly summaries, I'll just list what kind of workout it was, how many I did out of how many I aimed for, and the results. Same for my other goals :)

Runs (distance/avg. pace in minutes per kilometre): 3/3

2.54/7.87, 2.61/5.55, 3.00/6.63

Average 2.72/6.68

Lifts: 3/3

60 lb squat

50 lb bench

90 lb deadlift

90 lb clean

60 lb row

Protein: had 3 cans of tuna this week, turkey and yogurt for lunch every day, eggs and salami for breakfast every day, burgers (bunless) on the 4th, beans for dinner most nights, and salmon for dinner last night.

German: I was going to a job interview at a gift shop and while an associate took me to see the manager, I helped a German couple who were struggling with English. I was offered a job, haha! (I didn't take it though; didn't pay nearly enough even thought they claimed to be "competitive")

• Like 2

level 3 | super-human

#1 #2 #3 #4

Weighed in today at 150 lbs; I've lost ten pounds since Christmas! And two inches from my waist :) now to start gaining in muscle! Hopefully... Anyway, having fish for dinner again tonight, then weights with the cousin :)

• Like 2

level 3 | super-human

#1 #2 #3 #4

You are doing amazing and congrats on the weight loss! Keep killing it! :D

Congrats on the new PR! Nearly a minute off it is incredible! Looks like you are doing great with the protein too :D

Ich habe vor lange Zeit Deutsch an der Universität studiert! Aber ich habe viel vergessen- es war vor 6 Jahren. Ich kann ein Bisschen mit dir sprechen, aber bitte nett zu mir xD Ich werde ein Wortebuch fur jedes zweite Wort brauchen >.<

Current Challenge: 

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/63003-aella-travels-to-bree/

Level 3 | STR 8 | STA 1 | DEX 7 | CON 5 | 

[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]das ist so ok! Ich werde ein Wortebuch brauchen also ;) ich habe Deutsch studiert für eine kurzer Zeit - nur 3 Jahren. Ich einfach mit Native-sprecher reden, wann ich können. Vielen dank - ich werde nett zu dir ;)

level 3 | super-human

#1 #2 #3 #4

Week of July 7-13

Sorry for the delay; I don't have a lot of opportunity to use Internet, and sometimes I forget what I need to do when I have it! I didn't get to exercise a lot this week, unfortunately. I gave up a lifting session to go hiking with friends, and then I was called into work on a day I wasn't originally scheduled, then I had to go to my other job, and by the end of the day I was just exhausted. :(

Runs (distance/avg. pace in minutes per kilomtre): 1/3

2.85/2.6

Lifts: 1/3

60 lb squat

40 lb bench

90 lb deadlift

Protein: had 2  cans of tuna this week, turkey and yogurt for lunch ever day, eggs and salami for breakfast every day, and some kind of fish steak for several dinners (my dad's been buying a lot of fish lately! I think it might have been me whining about the disturbing lack of protein in his diet. But it worked!) :)

German: I think I'm going to change my life goal to be to finish this costume; I want it finished by September more than I want to practise my German, and it makes a lot more sense to track. This week I cut out my muslin for the vest, so I'll be sewing that together once I get the parts for my machine that I left at my aunt's house (and took nearly two months to notice I'd done so). I also hunted down the fabric and dye I want, and got an insane deal on chest and arm stars from another costumer!!

• Like 1

level 3 | super-human

#1 #2 #3 #4

Yay for the deals for the cosplay, that's so cool! :D And nice stats for the lifting! I'm sure you'll do great this week. :D

Week of July 14-20

BOY DID I FEEL IT when I squatted 70 lbs after not lifting anything for a week! And apparently this week is the last in the challenge! I'm going to continue to log my progress in this thread until the next challenge though, just because I started this log a couple weeks late.

Great job on your challenge!  Looking forward to seeing you in the warrior's guild for the next one!  Don't forget to write a summary of how you think you did on your challenge.

Working on it right now! And thank you :)

Runs (distance/avg. pace in minutes per kilometre): 1/3
3.66/7.12,
Average

Lifts: 3/3
75 lb squat
50 lb bench
90 lb deadlift
80 lb clean
65 lb row
35 lb press

Protein: had 3 cans of tuna this week, turkey and yogurt for lunch every day, eggs and salami for breakfast every day, and probably fish or sausage for dinner (I even had scallops one night; I'm so spoilt!). Also, I had no idea that a single Chobani yogurt contains 24% of a diet's daily value of protein!

Costume: I've been watching the film and the documentary on the suit. My fabric just shipped, and I still need to find some affordable leather for the pouches and gloves. My boots should also be here in a week or two...yay! Also, the sewing machine parts my aunt shipped me arrived, so I made the first bit of my muslin. It turned out pretty okay for a first go, but now I'm awfully discouraged because I'm not really sure how to fix what needs fixing without my costume-designer-mother around to guide me. And I have only six weeks until the con... freeze me for 70 years now.

• Like 2

level 3 | super-human

#1 #2 #3 #4

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines