• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Endor

2014 Meetup 3: Sydney Australia - Tues 12th August 2014 6:30pm

Hi guys, 

Time for our 3rd meetup (this year) in beautiful Sydney, Australia, home of many more meetups than Melbourne ever manage :tongue:

Everyone is welcome to attend. 

Date: Tuesday 12th August

Time: 6:30pm 

Venue: Hurricane's Grill, Darling Harbor

Confirmed so far: Endor, Yuen, BarefootDawsy

Witness the marvel of our very own HufflePuff Warrior @Yuen eating a whole cow and 2 sets of pork ribs!  :bull_head:  :pig: 

Witness the majesty of the fabled scout leader @BarefootDawsy running away from a plate of prawns in sheer terror  :onthego:   :biggrin-new: 

But most of all come and enjoy some good food and the company of fellow Nerds for an evening. 

Hope to see you there. 

home-food-image.jpg

@suguru

You forgot "watch @Endor bite off more than his big mouth can chew"  :playful: 

mmmm ribs...

ha ha ha, was hoping to draw you out of hiding :) fair comment :lol:

Should be a fun night, I'm off the booze for July so will be substituting with extra ribs calories!

• Like 2

I've booked a table for 4 at Hurricasnes on the 24th July at 6:30pm. 

If more people want to come not a problem I can increase the number. 

We'll see how @Yuen goes with the new bub, we can push the date back if he can't drag himself away from his new daughter! :)

@barefootdawsy USA vs Canada hockey is on that Saturday, coming up fast! 

Hey guys, I thought I should pop in to let you know - I'm heading off west of the sandstone curtain for an extended rural placement at Bathurst Base Hospital so I sadly won't be around to join in the Sydney meets for the next twelve months! I wish you all the best and hopefully will still be in touch occasionally! (Oh and congrats on the birth of your daughter Yuen!) 

• Like 1

Hey guys, I thought I should pop in to let you know - I'm heading off west of the sandstone curtain for an extended rural placement at Bathurst Base Hospital so I sadly won't be around to join in the Sydney meets for the next twelve months! I wish you all the best and hopefully will still be in touch occasionally! (Oh and congrats on the birth of your daughter Yuen!) 

That sounds exciting! Maybe we'll have to do a roadtrip at some point and have a meetup in Bathurst :)

How did you go with your exam the other couple of months ago? I take it you passed?

Yes, I passed my O and G OSCE! I won't know my marks till the end of the year, but I know I passed (and that's what really matters - Ps get degrees!) I'd totally be keen for a Bathurst meet-up - maybe you could all come out for the Bathurst 1000...

• Like 1

Yes, I passed my O and G OSCE! I won't know my marks till the end of the year, but I know I passed (and that's what really matters - Ps get degrees!) I'd totally be keen for a Bathurst meet-up - maybe you could all come out for the Bathurst 1000...

Congratulations! I know you worked hard on that, well done :)

Thanks for the well wishes Suguru :) It's such a great feeling being a new dad!

Congrats on passing your exams! I used to travel between orange and bathurst base hospitals for 6 months back in ?2009 when I was an ortho registrar. Thoroughly enjoyed my time there... I hope you do too!! :)

I used to travel between orange and bathurst base hospitals for 6 months back in ?2009 when I was an ortho registrar. Thoroughly enjoyed my time there... I hope you do too!! :)

Bathurst Hospital seems like a wonderful friendly place. I officially start my Gen Surg term tomorrow (not keen for the 7 am ward rounds!). I will also be travelling out to Orange Hospital for Oncology, which should be good. 

Hey guys, I might need to miss this meet-up (even though I really really hate missing ribs...)

The baby takes a bit more work than I was expecting, and if I spend a full day at work, then head straight to Hurricane's, it might be putting too much stress on the poor wife.

There will always be a next time :)

Hey guys, I might need to miss this meet-up (even though I really really hate missing ribs...)

The baby takes a bit more work than I was expecting, and if I spend a full day at work, then head straight to Hurricane's, it might be putting too much stress on the poor wife.

There will always be a next time :)

No worries at all, I had thought it might be a bit soon ;)

Turns out me and Dawsy are both going to the ice hockey saturday so we'll catch up there and put the ribs off for a little while. Do you reckon 3 weeks time would work or you need a bit longer?

No worries at all, I had thought it might be a bit soon ;)

Turns out me and Dawsy are both going to the ice hockey saturday so we'll catch up there and put the ribs off for a little while. Do you reckon 3 weeks time would work or you need a bit longer?

I think 3 weeks should be fine. I asked my wife, and she said she would prefer if we had the catch up on a day which wasn't a full day at work for me (ie she doesn't want me to leave at 6:30am in the morning for work, and come back after dinner at like 10pm).

So in 3 weeks time - Tues Aug 12 or Thurs Aug 14 would be best for me!

I think 3 weeks should be fine. I asked my wife, and she said she would prefer if we had the catch up on a day which wasn't a full day at work for me (ie she doesn't want me to leave at 6:30am in the morning for work, and come back after dinner at like 10pm).

So in 3 weeks time - Tues Aug 12 or Thurs Aug 14 would be best for me!

I can do either of those days. 

@barefootdawsy which do you prefer?

oh and Yuen you'll be up all night groaning from trying to digest all the ribs so you can look after the bub :)

Sweet actually just found out my squash comp starts that week on the Thurs so Tues better for me too. 

I'm happy to go to Hurricane's, it's close to where Yuen lives too I think? Might be good for him to be close in case of emergency!

• Like 1

Reminder for Tueday @barefootdawsy @Yuen I'm hankering for ribs so bad by now I'm going even if it's on my own!

• Like 2

Hey Dom, I'm good for Tuesday (just checked with the wife!). Sorry for not replying earlier, been pretty busy with the bub and work. Barely had time to update :(

• Like 1

Hey Dom, I'm good for Tuesday (just checked with the wife!). Sorry for not replying earlier, been pretty busy with the bub and work. Barely had time to update :(

Ah that's great news! No worries at all, I can imagine you're flat out.