Looking to get moving

A friend of mine mentioned this site a little while back so I decided to take a look. It's a little over a week later now and here I am, and looking to get started.  To that end:

Hello all, I go by Anno and I'm happy to be here.

As to background, going by the racials for the RP, I'd say that I'm a half-orc, or maybe a werebear. Depending on which card I take it from, 5'10 and about 230lbs.  I'm a big guy and always have been, but I'm okay with that.  I was the same way at my best, a time I spent in the reserves and often served as a packmule, which I'm actually proud of as much as I complained back then.  Unfortunately, that's about ten years back now and more of that weight's in the belly than before.  I've been lazy since and I let a relatively minor injury slow me down more than it should. 

I've noticed in the last year or so that I'm not as strong as I was and also find myself thinking back to a karate class I took in my teens. I quit because, to my mind then and now, the instructor got tired of the class and largely stopped teaching.  Still, I remember starting to learn more how to use my body beyond the march and haul that I have now and have decided that I want to get more into that as well as rebuilding it. 

I'm in a spot where I can get into a karate class easily, which is hard to find where I am. I've recently started Tai Chi and found that they offer a karate class right after, which I didn't know at the start. There's a delay before it begins and I don't want to quit Tai Chi, but I know that while I could manage the classes, it'd kill me right now to do both.   I'm looking to get the strength and stamina to do it back before it starts.

I'm also looking into the guides for Parkour and I have to admit I've always liked the idea of that kind of mobility and freedom of movement. I want to try that as well, but I know that I'm further from that than the karate, but something I'd like to explore somewhere down the road. 

Level 2 Werebear Adventurer

Str: 3 | Dex: 1 | Sta: 3 | Con: 4 | Wis: 1 | Cha: 1

Challenges: Past 1; Current

My Trip to Mordor. 

3.44%
3.44%

Welcome Anno, I just recently started my journey as well. I'm certain that if you let yourself  you can manage both classes, but its fine to go slow. Do whatever it takes to just take one more step than the day before and you'll get back to pack mule status. 

As for parkour I was also interested and I don't know if you've found the NF article or not so I'll leave it here: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/08/12/the-definitive-guide-to-parkour-for-beginners/

-Silnetto

Thanks for the welcome and the link. 

I'd been looking at that one already and it helped me set up my challenge by getting all the prep exercises into it. It's been helpful. A lot of things on this site have been, really. 

Level 2 Werebear Adventurer

Str: 3 | Dex: 1 | Sta: 3 | Con: 4 | Wis: 1 | Cha: 1

Challenges: Past 1; Current

My Trip to Mordor. 

3.44%
3.44%