Hey all. I'll start off with my breakfast and workout for today, the 2nd of July, 2014.

I woke up this morning and did the Beginner Body Weight Workout. I can only do 2 cycles before I absolutely die. Well, it's not quite that drastic, but it's still a solid workout, and I have something to move toward. Stretching afterward, and now I feel great. One thing I have noticed (now that i'm three weeks along, even though this is my first diary entry) is that my posture and daily energy is generally improved by my exercises. A big plus, seeing as I'm going to start playing tennis for sport soon, and soon after, soccer.

For my breakfast, I made my usual: A vegetable omelette with homemade salsa. For all those curious, the omelette consists of 4 mini sweet peppers, 4 green onions, 1 cup spinach (uncooked), and 1 egg, seasoned with a little salt and lotsa pepper. For a cooking grease, I use olive oil (Is there even anything else? :D )

The salsa is a family recipe. I'll post it here if any are daring enough.

1 tbsp Olive Oil/vegetable oil if you don't want any flavor coloring

4 roma tomatoes

2-4 jalapeño peppers, to taste

2 cloves garlic

4 green onions

cilantro to taste

3 or 4 mini sweet peppers (optional)

salt to taste

Add the oil to a large skillet and heat on medium low. Wash all the vegetables. For the cilantro, simply pull the leaves off the stalks. The stalks are a bit bitter and don't blend as well later.

Cut the stems out of the tomatoes. Do not peel the two cloves of garlic. The skin comes off much easier after the cooking. Add tomatoes, peppers, green onions, and garlic to the skillet. Cook for about 15-20 minutes, turning the vegetables so they don't burn. After they are done, take them off the heat and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Cut the bottom of the garlic off (The part that attaches to the bulb) and pinch the other end. The garlic should slide out of the skin very easily. Cut the stems off the peppers. If heat is a concern, one could devein the jalapeños and remove the seeds (This can be done before the cooking for even less heat). Add the cooked vegetables to a blender. If they don't all fit, it's fine to do this in stages. Add the cilantro and salt*. Blend on low until finely pureed. Enjoy immediately, or place in a jar or tupperware container and refrigerate for later use. This type of salsa keeps for about a week, but I've rarely had a batch last that long :) For a more chunky style, you can use a mortar and pestle to blend by hand, or chop some tomatoes, onions, and cilantro and pour this pureed salsa over it.

*For a first timer, it may be better to wait and add the salt later. As usual with salt, try to err on the side of less. You can always add more. If you find you have added too much salt, never fear: Just cook another two tomatoes, puree, and add it to the mixture.

Now, for my lunch. I have brown rice and chicken with vegetables, along with a small side salad. My usual beverage is water for all my meals. On top of this, I have a job at a big box grocery store which requires me to walk for about 8 hours of the day. Woot! I'll update my dinner later tonight, or early tomorrow morning.

The next day.

Exercise: Running for 30 minutes. A kind of interval training for someone who can't actually do interval training yet. Breakfast, same as before. I got an unexpected workout yesterday at my job. I had to throw an entire palate of bottled water by hand. I feel good now, but yesterday I sure wasn't too happy with my boss. Lunch same as yesterday. I'm looking forward to the rest of my day, but even more to my weekend coming soon.