Getting it done! No excuses.

Killing it with veggies.  I am finding it not bad to be having a veg with every meal.  I like the challenge of seeing how I can fit one in with breakfast.  We really need to hit the store soon because we are almost out of everything.  It is making it extra challenging at this point.  Variety is not happening but that is temporary.  Mediation has been just what I needed.  I am smiling through stress most of the time and in general it has helped me deal with all that is going on with heat and kiddo.  

Loving Dutch.  Been doing it everyday.  I like the mental stimulation.  I never had a problem learning languages and it is fun to be doing it again.

Feeling fitter and stronger each week.  I love it!

So the latest blog on NF was so timely.  I had just had someone ask if I was on a diet when they saw me eating recently.  I said no it is just how I eat.  After they looked puzzled I only said that I like how I feel when I eat these foods and I love how they tasty.  All they said was "oh".  Why is it so odd to actually like whole foods these days?  Something ca be delicious and not be processed and laden in crud.  I am making the crust tonight for pizza night tomorrw.  :)  Putting it in the fridge to rise until tomorrow night.

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

I  am feeling great.  I have it now.  I get it.  I have no reason not to succeed with any of my challenges other than intentionally setting the bar a bit too high which, for me, pushes me to do more than I would have if I had not.  That is how my mind works.  It all goes back to this corny little plaque my dad gave me as a teenager.  Despite its corn-ball-iness it really touched me and still runs through my mind at times.  Wish I still had it.  The plaque was a picture of a bird soaring in a sky.  It was a simple quote..."Aim for the sun.  You may not reach it but you will soar higher than if you never tried at all." .  At the same time I like hitting goals so setting smaller goals to get to the big one works nicely as well.  LOL

Filled out the progress bars for today.  Going to meditate as soon as I am done here.  I had veggies with 2 meals yesterday but I am doing it for 3 today so I filled out the progress bars to reflect that fact.  Yep fact since I am doing it...no excuses.  I like having a veggy with 3 meals a day granted my goal is 2.  I am fine with yesterday only having 2 meals with veggies yesterday.

To help me keep tracking straight if I miss a day I have the following for the first week.

So at the end of today (Saturday...day 7) I will have:

19 meals with veggies

105 minutes of meditation/stretching (mostly meditation)

7 days of moving

On the challenge front I will meet 3 out of 4.  One of those 3 is met already and then some but I know I will get the other 2 and feeling like I really want to make the push to get that last one.  It is making it to Rivendell.  I need 63 miles.  Between running, walking, and jumping on the bike I want to make that push this weekend.  

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

Here I am into day 9 of this adventure leading up to my b-day.  Yesterday was 2 meals and I only had a veg with one however today it is veggies with all 3 meals.  B had pumpkin in it, L is homemade hummus with zuc and carrots, D has avocado goodness and broc supreme dish I make (carrots, onions, garlic, broc, some creamed corn...delicious).  

I can definitely do all of this in general.  

Tomorrow and the day after there is a fair amount of rain expected so I will either run on the dreaded treadmill or exercise.  Then again walking indoors is nice too.  Either way I will keep moving.

Have to come up with a new thing for this week.  This seems like it will be the most challenging item.  For one it is not every day I am doing it.  Granted duolingo is now something I do 6 days a week (missed Saturday).  Going to keep up working on learning Dutch.  I am committed...LOL.  But what can I try this week?  I was thinking of trying to find a new recipe however in the interest of $ it may have to use things we have on hand.  Honestly something that would build on a movement skill or just movement oriented would be cool.  I have a series of movement videos from youtube I found a long time ago.  I have tried one or two but never did them all together.  That I think would be fun as well.  If I commit to that one I would like to try it 3-4 times this week.  Found some basic parkour movements for absolute beginners.  One is rolling and the other a basic quadrapedal movement.  Might do those too.  The rolling one has me twitchy to be honest but that is only because I am not used to that kind of movement.

Tried a mediation today that used those singing bowls.  Very nice.

Okay I decided I am going to work on trying very basic parkour moves this week (today at lunch in fact).  Should be fun and challenging to try these a few times this week.  

Day 10 - veggies at 3 meals planned for today...AWESOME! 

B - egg, banana, pumpkin

L - zucchini, carrots, hummus, broc and spin soup

D - nom nom paleo sweet po hash with a little diced bacon ends and some shredded carrots added + avocado to top it with a couple eggs

Boom!

Running/walking today and strength planned.

I keep hearing about sardines.  High omega-3's, good for inflammation, and oh so much more.  I think for next week I will try them as my something new.  My husband shuddered but I am game.  If it ends up being something new in my arsenal of awesome then cool.

So last night I ran home from work!  Rain did not set in as early as I thought it would.  Saved money and had fun however when I got home I was ravenous.  We all were tired and I worked on kiddo's costume for Halloween.  Thus we all decided ordering pizza would be good.  I ate mostly spaghetti since that is what I was craving.  Not the best meal I know.  Ate too much because I was just not thinking and driven to eat.  It was not emotional eating but this overwhelming urge physically.  I only ran 4 miles home with some walk breaks.

It was a cool day with a light rain as I ran.  I grinned the entire way.  Hard not to feel awesome running home with a back pack from work.  

In addition to meditation yesterday I found an online timer that I used on the computer at work to try this whole mindfulness thing.  I had it randomly go off every hour.  It was interesting.  May try it again today.

I should have 2 meals with veg today...breakfast and lunch.  Eating the exact same thing as yesterday for breakfast.  Lunch will be left over pasta and broc soup.   Dinner will be breakfast with kiddo.

Walking, parkour practice, and strength work are what I have planned for today.

Here is to Day 11 of Awesome.

Day 12....

In order to get two veggies I had to drink broccoli soup at breakfast which did not stink.  Well I mean the soup smells bad but the taste was good first think in the morning.   Zucchini and carrots with hummus at lunch and some oatmeal.  Dinner - brauts and avocado.

Walking and running today.  Skipped the bike this morning.  Forgot to top off the tires last night and with 45 mph wind gust expected I thought today was a good bus day.  Crazy people out and about and we have trick or treat tonight.  Kiddo is motivated so I am looking at a couple miles of extra walking.

Been slacking on the reading.  *insert any excuse here*  I know I know...just do it.

Weight is refusing to budge at the moment.  Gggrrrrr!  So where am I mucking it up?  It is not all hormones since they have been going wonky lately.  I need to buckle down my food choices more and keep moving.

Still I am feeling good and enjoying this experience.

Lunch run fell by the wayside since it is late for me to take it.  Drats!  Still will get in plenty of walking.

No bike today because I was too tired/lazy to put air in the tires and frankly I feel rough this morning.  Granted I have ridden with a cold so I guess that was lame.  Hubby and I needed the time to talk since he dropped me off.  I am going to run home for a second time in a week.  That is a first.  It will be around 4 miles if I go the route I am planning.  Looking forward to pushing it more (less walking would be ideal).  Short trail run tomorrow (3 or 4 miles?)

Got home yesterday to no electricity so no cooking.  It was back on by 7:00pm.  Whew.  We went to the only place where my husband was willing to eat, Sonics.  I was going to have just a burger.  I had water packed.  I went on auto pilot and followed the family down french fry and soda lane.  Drats Sue!  I need to do this.  I did have veggies with 2 meals yesterday.  Today it will be with all 3.

B - Broc soup with half a baked potato with sundried tomato

L - Zuc and hummus + rest of potato and sundried tomatos (yep that is all I put on my baker...so dang good!)

D - Brauts we should have had last night.  Not being rushed when getting home I see carrot fries and sauteed onions + some avocado mushed up with lemon and garlic only.  Wonder how good that would be on a braut with onions or dipping carrot fries in?  

Parkour is proving to be very challenging for me and I feel goofy.  But I am working on a very basic move.  Definitely something I will want to pursue some more as I continue to see improved fitness.  Still wanting to buy sardines for the new thing next week.  What in the heck am I thinking?  ha ha ha

Been listening to a podcast by Rich Roll.  Just started this week.  Never read his book but I find it reassuring I guess to listen to people living the fitness and good eating life.  This one guy featured, Josh LaJaunie, is very interesting.  There are two parts and they are great to hear.

Need to finish a book this weekend.  Good golly I need to read.  It is relaxing.  The calm goal has been golden.  Despite anxiety being high this week due to loads of stress and I am feeling it the meditation has helped me smile through so much more of it.  It feels good to have my mind relax.

Today is a 2 meal with veg kind of day.  Tomorrow I will get out and run again.  Ran home and it was a blast yesterday.  Next challenge will be starting on Monday.  Walked today so that covers the move everyday goal.

Seem to be sticking with meditation to help with anxiety and stress.  It is helping it seems.  Okay going to get off and read here in a bit.

Ah forgot to mention I have my new thing for next week.  I look forward to trying more parkour as I loose weight and my fitness improves.  Anyway at the store I found sardines with training wheels.  No skin or bones and in water.  Either that way in water or whole in mustard were my options.  I am looking forward to it, I think.   :biggrin-new:   I almost did the mustard ones.  Feared having my food look at me might creep me out too much.

Start of a new challenge cycle today!  Always fun.

Yesterday and today each have veggies with 2 meals.  Moved but not as much as I like.  Still I walked at the very least.  Forgot to track on daily mile.  

Today I was up early and biked to warm up.  I got in a strength workout as a result of not changing out bedroom clock.  Ooopps!  Worked in my favor though.

I was so excited (?) to try my new thing for this week I did it today.  Sardines.  Skinless and boneless in water.  Kiddo made a face at the smell but I got her to try them with mustard mixed in and now I have half the can and she already at the other half (my lunch for tomorrow...)  for her lunch today!  Eating mine with zucchini.  The thought of eating them bugs me for some reason but the taste does not.  

No clue as to what I will do for something new next week.

I need to get reading more!

Today is biking and running so moving is covered.  I really need to read!!!  Three meals with a veg.  Pumpkin with b, l = salad with tuna, d = stew again but I am adding an extra veg (spinach stuffed onions perhaps).  Mediation is going well.  Yesterday it was hard because people were being noisy.  I am going to space it out and do the reminder bell for a minute or two of breathing and focusing on the present.  I will do enough for 15 minutes!

Strength, biked, run, walked, and ate loads of veg today.

Possible idea for new thing next week...obstacle course at Scioto Audubon Metro Park.  Will work on alternatives if it does not pan out.

Thanks to K pushed outside my comfort zone and finally did some running in the topiary park.  pretty dang busy there today but I got passed it, ran, and even played by running around the trees.

Slacking on the reading.

• Like 1

kicking butt at the moment.  Dropped 5 pounds and meeting all the goals still.  I even read today!

Today will be all 3 meals with a veg.  I am finding that I like to have broccoli soup with breakfast or for it when pressed for time.  Add a bit of curry and yeppers...delicious!  Dinner is warm belly food...chicken and rice but I am thinking some avocado and for me squash chips for dipping into the mushed up avocado with lime juice (keep it simple and no dairy added....avocado is so tasty).  I hope I am setting a good example for the rest of the family.  This is normally a meal with no veg but I have enjoyed working in veg as often as possible.  Plus if I have a really big off day then being a head of the game is good.

Lunch run here in a few minutes.

Finally finished a book!  This other one I want to like because I know even from some of the self aggrandizing oh woe is me have something to offer.  Okay not going to go off the deep end with my thoughts about one book I am trying to get through but going to start another today as I decided if there is truly anything to glean from this one author.

Still feeling awful today but I am getting it done.  I am very happy with my progress.

So list of new items to choose from this week: ...feeling sick so who knows what will get done...

obstacle course

try a pomelo

Copied from my challenge topic:

So it was not unusual entirely during the week to get 2 meals with a veg.  However I am finding that not only do I not mind having a veg with breakfast (my favorite meal of the day...do not mess with breakfast except when IF...LOL) I seek out veggies.  I have *gasp* begun to like them so much more and want them in each meal.  I am even grabbing veggies first.  Freaking awesome change.  

Feeling good and going strong.  I am right on target to make if not exceed all the goals for 47 Days of Awesome!

Shoot I am digging veggies even more now.  Candy has been a struggle with what we have sitting at home.  Not sure why.  I can say no only so often and then I just want it.  Sugar sucks big time!  Keeping Thanksgiving fairly on track with not eating a crapfest of carb stuff (mashed po's, dressings/stuffings, sweet po's cooked in butter and sugar kind of stuff) that leaves me sick.  Even in moderation a meal of nothing but some turkey and all carbs (and not over eating) leaves me feeling cruddy.  This year may have carrot fries (yum!) and either roasted spag squash and/or ratatouille (double yum!).  Definitely going to enjoy my cornbread and sausage dressing but I realized I do not really care much for mashed po's and sugary sweet po's.  Seriously a couple bites of each satisfies and then I no longer enjoy it.  

The veg thing is going so well.  It is becoming more than a habit but just how things are now.  I like that progress immensely!!!  Moving daily is not that bad either.  Even when not feeling well it is still possible to get a mile or two of walking or biking or whatever.  Even backing down on strength and doing a light work out is not intolerable when feeling the crud.  LOL  Very pleased all around with this!  Incorporating IF a few days a week has definitely been a good thing so far.  Feels pretty good.  

On to book 4 for my 47 Days of Awesome!  Yup totally rocking it.  I can hit the veg goal without trying but seriously I am considering broc soup for breakfast on Thanksgiving so I get in the 2 meals with a veg.  Having spag squash with Thanksgiving dinner.  So it will be a win.  I think all the little changes have added up!  

I am also about to up the weights I lift and able with weight to do a higher box step.  

Finished my last 2 new things.  Number 6 was the obstacle course.  And  a day early because I was not sure if we would get back before my birthday and not so enjoyable procedure I did my last one.  I finally used the gym area at the rec center.  Started on treadmill and then finished on the track.  It felt amazing.  Strength work is going pretty well and I am working on upping my game on that one.  I would love a set of dumbbells that we can add weights to for a gift.  These fixed weight ones are not so fun when trying to increase weight and you have limited options to work with.  Still not letting it stop me but I can say it is a pain in the butt.  I am feeling great and really looking forward to my 47th birthday!  This definitely needs to be a tradition!

KABOOM!  Assuming I move the last few days to my birthday, and I will, I hit all the goals in my signature...ALL THE GOALS!  I thought I could but I did not expect to exceed any and I certainly was not entirely sure I could/would.  

It feels amazing.  Happy early Birthday to me.  :)

Posting in more than one place drives me whacky.  Basically I killed the 47 Days of Awesome.  What a great way to go into my birthday!  Also had a great challenge all around.  I can not complain on bit.  It keeps coming up that I need to allow more time for longer runs during the week and not trying to squeeze in everything at lunch.  Mornings are definitely better for strength and in more pleasant weather a run.  Evenings are usually super busy but I see that changing.

Finally am working NFA Dumbbell lvl 3!  Upping weights and doing that routine.  I like it a lot.  Well dips are not my friend but they will be.

animaatjes-phineas-en-ferb-455867.gif

He's a semi-aquatic egg layin' mammal of action.

• run and bike 6 days a week.  (4/6)
  • keep walking a mile or two most every day (4-5 days a week) (4/4-5)
  • try and swim each week (depending on schedule around holidays and my next dr visit fun) - 0 ...not sure can make it this weekend.  So very busy (errands, cooking, cleaning, husband works) plus there is this movie to go see....

He's got more than just mad skill.

• complete Scoutmas mini - day 5 down!
  • get at least 2 rucks in for fun (can easily do it when going for a walk so why not!) - not yet but will tonight! so that will be 1/2

He's got an iron will, nerves of steel, and several other metal themed attributes.

• up the NFA dumbbell workout to level 3 and do what I can to increase weight with what we have - doing it again today so 2/3

And he's always up for a fight.  So when evil hears this sound it shakes in its boots (instead of Perry's chatter think of a dull thumping sound and me giggling).

• Quality time with Giggles at least twice a week.  Need I say more? - did not last night but will tonight so that will be 1/2
  • Like 1