Getting it done! No excuses.

I found it! :D

You did.

Thanks to my hubby trying to be nice and spoil me he has ordered food too often the past 2 weeks.  I appreciate it, some of it was my prompting too I admit due to feeling tired (a result of food choices at times, stress, being busy...eating loads of veg but it is the other stuff that slips in one meal here and here and there), and I know it is something we have not been able to do hardly ever but it still bothers me to spend money.  AND my joints are not appreciating the crap in our diet.  Granted I could have chosen to eat a lot less I know.  It does not take much to trigger issues that can snowball if not put in check quickly.  So I am not going to allow more than one meal with something in it or two days in a row of having something that causes issues.  Many things I can eat a little here and there but my husband has always liked left overs.  Tomorrow we are treating ourselves to lunch while running an errand and kiddo is with grandparents (ooooo mini date).  Coworker gave us a gift card so no stress about money.  I can make a really good choice at the restaurant I think (Panera).  They do use loads of processed stuff but I can minimize it.  May be a pain in the posterior customer when ordering but hey nothing is worth joint pain and doing things that could lead to doctors and all kinds of pain.  I did not like the realization that today riding was not an option due to joint issues.  Also we have a lunch out at work on Tuesday.  I already searched options that line up for how I truly like eating.  My awesome hubby is in line with my thoughts because yesterday when I got home he saw me all teary eyed due to pain and my legs feeling like crud (rheumatoid myositis).  He simply said we are going to change all this and it will improve.  He does what he says always when it comes to me and kiddo.

• Like 1

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Foods that cause issues:  

• highly processed
  • nitrate/nitrite in foods
  • breads/pastas....I can eat about 4-5 servings in a week with absolutely no issue.  Any more and weirdly I feel it.  I do okay with homemade breads but we load them with other things like ground flax seeds but still I do not like to cross the line of 4-5 servings.
  • milk and too much of other dairy items.  I can enjoy a not too sweet yogurt...basically plain greek yogurt is fine or one not too highly sweetended.  Cheese is okay if it is a decent cheese.
  • Speaking of yogurts that are not too sweetened...I can not do much sugar.  If sugar starts to sneak back in more than a little here and there I feel it.  A can of soda once in a great while is okay.  More than that and uh oh let alone fountain drinks.  Uck.

My husband ran experiments on me a couple years back without saying anything and this is what we sorted out.  So much we make is homemade to avoid unwanted chemicals.  Also stress and not moving enough can tie into it beginning to hurt.  Fatigue sets in and well that is where I am at now but not for long.  Temporarily let a couple bad habits sneak back in which easily leads to more not so great decisions.  Not today.

I try and make all my veg soups with bone broth.  Adds flavor, texture, and there is so much nutrition that people toss out.  You can not toss a bone out in our house without me cooking it.  :)  I have been known to drink it straight but I do like adding veg to it too.

We had such a busy weekend.  Finalizing holiday junk, running errands, and there is a lot we are dealing with a family member.  We did see Star Wars yesterday.  I so could take a nap right now.  Kiddo is hanging out with cousins today.

He's a semi-aquatic egg layin' mammal of action.

• run and bike 6 days a week.  (1/6)
  • keep walking a mile or two most every day (4-5 days a week) (1/4-5)
  • try and swim each week (depending on schedule around holidays and my next dr visit fun) - 0 

He's got more than just mad skill.

• complete Scoutmas mini - Done!
  • get at least 2 rucks in for fun (can easily do it when going for a walk so why not!) - 0/2

He's got an iron will, nerves of steel, and several other metal themed attributes.

• up the NFA dumbbell workout to level 3 and do what I can to increase weight with what we have -0/3

And he's always up for a fight.  So when evil hears this sound it shakes in its boots (instead of Perry's chatter think of a dull thumping sound and me giggling).

• Quality time with Giggles at least twice a week. - 1/2

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

Stalking Officially following your battle log!!

And guess what I'm drinking tonight? Ginger tea =)

Love your self-imposed challenge, and love that you killed it.

OK @awesomesue, time for a naive question:  What kind of bones do you make bone broth with.  Do you buy meat and save the bone? Or do you buy bones? 

• Like 2

Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Stalking Officially following your battle log!!

And guess what I'm drinking tonight? Ginger tea =)

Love your self-imposed challenge, and love that you killed it.

OK @awesomesue, time for a naive question:  What kind of bones do you make bone broth with.  Do you buy meat and save the bone? Or do you buy bones? 

Beef and poultry.  Usually it is the bones left over from cooking a meal.  If I do not have a lot of bones I toss them in the freezer but if I am doing that then I am more inclined too cook what I have and then freeze the broth.  I freeze the broth and my soups in a muffin tray.  Each one holds about 1/4 cup of liquid.  After frozen I put the tray in warm water to release the pucks and then toss into a freezer bag.  Great for anytime.

After Turkey Day I started cooking the carcass before the day was done.  LOL  Tossed into the slow cooker and left it over night.  Strained it and started the freezing process keeping the liquid in the fridge until it could be frozen.  Because of all the cartilage and stuff it kind of set up.  If it was left on the bone or in the pan it was cooked down.   ;)

How was the ginger tea?  Add lemon or a touch or honey or brown sugar?  I can drink that stuff all day now.  I will drink that before reaching for ibuprofen.  I forgot one trick too.  You can take a slice of ginger or peel and rub it on sore joints as a topical treatment.  

• run and bike 6 days a week.  (2/6)...running home today if it is not raining much.
  • keep walking a mile or two most every day (4-5 days a week) (2/4-5)
  • try and swim each week (depending on schedule around holidays and my next dr visit fun) - 0 

• get at least 2 rucks in for fun (can easily do it when going for a walk so why not!) - 0/2...might sneak one in today.

He's got an iron will, nerves of steel, and several other metal themed attributes.

• up the NFA dumbbell workout to level 3 and do what I can to increase weight with what we have -1/3

And he's always up for a fight.  So when evil hears this sound it shakes in its boots (instead of Perry's chatter think of a dull thumping sound and me giggling).

• Quality time with Giggles at least twice a week. - 2/2...Thanks to this.

We had our lunch for the holidays yesterday.  I kept the food simple.  A salad of mixed greens, tomatos confit, roasted zucchini, farro, olives and steak to top off the salad.  I got the smaller portion since it was a really late lunch and I wanted to have dinner with the family.  Win.  Drank water and coffee.  Well it was a win until I ended up sick all night.  Food poisoning possibly....

tumblr_inline_ne3cx81Ajh1t2m9ry.gif

Did not eat dinner with the family after all.

Keeping foods simple today.  Oranges and broccoli soup with some protein.  Not sure about dinner but if I run home or most of the way I will end up hungry.  You  know what is in my pack is not too heavy so I could use my pack at lunch and load it up for a ruck and then run home....hhhhmmmm options!  Or carry extra home walking at least a mile and running at lunch.  This is doable.

tumblr_lntn1nNVhx1qhhpufo1_500.gif

• Like 1

Super quick update:

• run and bike 6 days a week.  (2/6)..
  • keep walking a mile or two most every day (4-5 days a week) (3/4-5)

• get at least 2 rucks in for fun (can easily do it when going for a walk so why not!) - 1/2

• up the NFA dumbbell workout to level 3 and do what I can to increase weight with what we have -1/3

• Quality time with Giggles at least twice a week. - 2/2...Thanks to this.
  • Like 1

A dumbbell set for xmas and some bike pants on the way (post holiday sale gift from me to my poor bottom!)...what more could a gal want?  However my nutrition and exercise has suffered greatly and I mean at times there was no reason to be that way.  That is all I am saying about that.  Right now it is back to the great habits I have worked on...2 meals (or more with veg), strength work, cross train, and go for endurance baby! 

Looking forward to Jan. 1 since that is our wedding anniversary. We are celebrating 22 years Jan. 1 2016.   :)

Mostly I am moving and yeah I am eating all kinds of veg but I have eaten crap too.  So at the start of last challenge I lost weight but towards the end and now the backslide.  Lessons learned.  

• Like 2

Right now I am having fun writing up my challenge.  Despite my love of Perry the Platypus I have been wanting to work a challenge that is RWBY themed.  Okay it is a bit of a stretch and fun but I am writing one up now.    Would be fun to run a few of these with different characters (fitting them to my goals and what not).  My newphew is living with the gal that cosplayed as Yang.  She looked fantastic too!

Today my focus is good food + veg with 3 meals.

Run

Ruck

Hammer time

Tomorrow will have the same focus regarding food plus

bike

strength breaking in my new dumbbells!

Oooo my husband purchased a couple engineers hammers.  Man they are great for working wrists.  Going to have fun playing with those too.

So for yesterday and today...

hammer fun

rucking - 1 mile with 15 lbs

run

broke in my brand new dumbbells (they felt so good in my hands and no more tying weights together to up the weight...much to my husbands great relief!)

Padded bike shorts on their way!

Food was okay yesterday.  I feel I ate too much at dinner.  I have done much better today.  We have family visiting and because it is tasty and not expensive it will be homemade chicken and noodles.  I made the noodles this morning and am baking some sourdough to send home with family.  Because I do not want to eat too much in the bread/noodle front I am going to not eat too much of those but enjoy the chicken.  Our nephew said he loves fresh broccoli steamed with a pinch of salt so I am going to steam some fresh broccoli.  I might roast some carrots too.  This way we all have plenty of options.  :) In the cooking mood so I am also cooking down the ham bone from xmas (had it in the freezer) in the slow cooker to make ham bone soup which my husband loves.  Ham (whatever is left on the bone), green beans, carrots, potatoes, and a can of diced tomatoes kind of easy also seasoned with basil.  He will even eat this soup for breakfast.  I like making things my family enjoy. 

• Like 2

Yup.  I use a regular old backpack with weights.  You can buy packs made for it specifically.  Walk with some weight on your back and then take it off and wow it feels amazing.  I inadvertently tried it due to a challenge I was doing with a group and found it was pretty fun.

• Like 2

Workout log for the past 2 days:

ran - 1 mile (was still sore from procedure and running made that abundantly clear)

strength train - only 2 sets of everything db lvl 3 workout C...did 3 sets of front squats - same reason as run was short

walked 4 miles

biked 25

cross trained with Giggles

• Like 3

and then popping onto here more than daily mile so I may do the down and dirty numbers and notes here and daily mile when convenient.  LOL  I rarely post strength there.

You're doing great, Sue!

You're doing so much stuff all at the same time. I'm exhausted just looking at that list. Whew!

Thanks!  I love seeing just how much you are walking.  Holy Moly Batman!  Hows the blisters?

• Like 2

and then popping onto here more than daily mile so I may do the down and dirty numbers and notes here and daily mile when convenient.  LOL  I rarely post strength there.

Thanks!  I love seeing just how much you are walking.  Holy Moly Batman!  Hows the blisters?

Sore, but no longer bleeding thank goodness. I'm done for this week though. Now I'm going to sleep until Monday. :lol:

You keep doing all your stuff and being awesome. :D

• Like 2

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Sore, but no longer bleeding thank goodness. I'm done for this week though. Now I'm going to sleep until Monday. :lol:

You keep doing all your stuff and being awesome. :D

All your walking miles is not only impressive but really inspiring!  Shoot you have done more in 2 weeks for the walking pvp then I was planning for the entire months pvp.

• Like 2

All your walking miles is not only impressive but really inspiring!  Shoot you have done more in 2 weeks for the walking pvp then I was planning for the entire months pvp.

It helps that I don't have kids. That alone gives me oodles of free time. My ego likes the compliments though. purring-black-cat.gif

:P

• Like 2

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Luckily our kiddo is old enough to stay alone but you still feel guilty heading out but she likes the alone time and begs me to go.  LOL

Today:

Run 2 miles

Walking 2 miles

strength train...bare bones body weight stuff...one set.  

• Like 3

Yesterday

Walked 4 miles.  Completely checked out from doing anything and have no reason why.  Felt okay.  Was rested enough.  Who knows but mentally I was just not there.

You're gonna be mentally there today, right? 

Of course right!

Yep did better Thursday.

Yesterday and today (copied from my challenge...LOL)

walked 4 miles

biked 25

strength trained 2 days in a row....different workouts

Ran, well not so much.  I cashed in trying again at work.  The same old issues.  First week of the semester and special projects means I only took a few minutes late yesterday to eat.  I decided I wanted my other goals since they are more doable this week.  I need to get consistent here.  This week has been anything but consistent.

Read yesterday and meditated this morning.

Cross trained with the sledgehammer

I want to finish today with more walking.  Saturday and Sunday, bike, strength (Sunday), ruck, and get out for a run.

• Like 2

Since Friday Morning:

Biked 25 miles on Saturday

Walked 9 miles

Ran  0

Strength trained on Sunday

Cross trained (ruck) on Sunday

I really can not count on lunches for runs or workouts.  I love to do them and often can but unexpectedly my lunches can go poof.  I think it is best to keep it to the morning.  I may tentatively plan lunch if need to for some exercise time, but understand that I need to keep a 45 minute window open in the evening to do it....no excuses!  I had been relying on lunch or trying too a bit too much for exercise.  Some days I have ample time and other days not enough to do anything productive.  On those day I think just getting some walking in is good.  Relaxing and I feel like I got something done.

Food has been crud.  In fact some weight snuck back.  Well not snuck back I definitely invited it with my choices.  I know next challenge will certainly have a diet component.  I need to get smart again and stay smart.  Every meal today has veggies incorporated and are just foods I really enjoy.  Steel cut oats, ginger, a little bit of cocoanut, almond milk, and pumpkin puree.  Spaghetti squash and marinara sauce.  Portabella mushrooms topped with red meat and some roasted broccoli on the side.  Yum!