As of tomorrow, July 8, 2014, I will have been on NF for One Year.

One year ago, I weighed over 260 lbs. I now weigh 249 lbs. Not super impressive, but... at the time I could barely do 10 pushups. Now I don't do pushups, I just lift heavy shit.

Sometime, a little longer than one year ago, I saw the scale inching toward 270 and I was feeling week and tired all the time. As a busy grad student I spent a lot of my time in front of a computer, eating crappy food, and when I had downtime, I'd be drinking beer and stuffing my face with even crappier food.

Enough was enough.

I already had a gym membership thanks to that year's New Year's resolution that I hadn't used in at least three months. I decided to use it. But... what would I do once I got there. The last time I had been was either to spend an hour or two on an elliptical. Another time I had been to a yoga class, but was so week and inflexible that I could barely hold a downward dog. Cardio machines are boring, and I clearly needed strength. I thought I'd try lifting weights and calisthenics, and I'd heard circuit training was good for weight loss...

So I googled "circuit training and weight loss" and guess which site came up...

Yep. That's right... bodybuilding.com...

But, then I scrolled down to the next few hits and there was a video link to Steve's Beginner Bodyweight Circuit... and it was from a website with an intriguing name.

A few links, and Links (Zelda references) later I was reading about Joe and Staci, and other success stories about people who were struggling with fitness the same way I was. These were not people who played sports all their lives, and devoted all their time to the gym, they were busy people, with jobs, who had similar nerdy interests and they were all helping each other get in shape. I wanted in.

So I started doing the Beginner Bodyweight Workout at home. Then I'd go to the gym, lift a dumbell and walk on a machine or two. I cleaned up my diet a bit. Then after learning more and coming back to the site, I signed up and did my first challenge.

I went from BBWW and dicking around at the gym, to barbell training with stronglifts 5x5 and tracking macros. Lost 12 lbs. during that first challenge.

Later during the fall, I really got into trying to do body recomp, maintaining weight while building muscle, so I tracked macros and lifted like a beast. Unfortunately, I got derailed a few times, but I persevered, and still managed to hang around 248 lbs, while I got stronger.

The holidays came and went, and I managed to maintain, and was gearing up to make more progress. In January I set my first 1 RMs on the big three, Squat: 315, Bench 210, Deadlift 330. Six months before this I didn't squat or deadlift at all, and I couldn't have benched 150 to save my life.

Then, in February and March the storm came. A vitamin D deficiency, Wisconsin winter, a bit of overtraining, working hard with lack of productivity in the lab, social isolation, and anxiety about my future career and such, all combined to level down my life with a bout of depression. I was waking up, then lying in bed till noon, skipping days at work, not going to the gym, but still eating like a body builider. I gained most of my weight back.

It got bad enough that I decided to get help. Got back on NF, and to the gym.

And after a couple of months, I'm approaching a two year personal best for weight (getting below last year's 248). Also, I'm way, way stronger than a year ago. And I can wear pants that I couldn't, even when I was at 248 a year ago. I'm also back to being productive at work, and I've even given talks about my research in front of prominent researchers in my field and recently at an international conference, and it was well received.

To acknowledge how crazy this year has been, both up and down,to get a fresh start, and to re-affirm my commitment to getting healthier and FUCKING SHREDDED LIKE A DEMON, I'm starting this new battle log.

As of yesterday, I started my first cycle of 5/3/1... follow this link to see Darwin's 5/3/1 Cycles

I'm following a ketogenic diet and cutting.

And I'm trying to finish a PhD within this next year.

That's the gist of it.

edit 1/19/15 -- after several months on, off, and back on again, my masterplan changed to strongman training. The Journey to Strongman begins here.

edit 10/30/15 -- Around here I switched to the Standard Keto diet and did mostly barbell complexes and (hopefully I lost a bunch of weight)

• Like 3

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

subbin' and looking forward to following you on this next year journey you're taking. 

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

you can tell a big difference in the pics man. keep it up

• Like 1

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

i don't know anyone that doesn't have a lot of work to do.

• Like 1

Introduction

I have recently transitioned from novice weight lifting programs having followed Stronglifts 5x5, and SL 3x5, Ice Cream 5x5, and learning a variety of assistance exercises. I have tracked macros, and experimented with both the high and low carb diets, determined my maintenance calories by calculating nutritional needs and tracking nutrition, and determined, at least roughly, my lean body mass by taking body measurements.

Currently I am at 250 lbs. and between 24-27% body fat with a calculated lean body mass of 182.5 – 190 lbs. My goal is to reach 215 lbs, and 12% body fat (~189 lbs. LBM). Thus, my nutrition and exercise program will emphasize weight loss, muscle retention, and secondarily, modest muscle gain if possible.

The following workout combines all of the knowledge I have acquired to date on nutrition and exercise. It is primarily an adaptation of ketogenic dieting principles as presented in Lyle MacDonald's The Ketogenic Diet, and Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 intermediate strength training program. Weight loss that preserves muscle mass is the motivation for practicing a ketogenic diet. Modest strength muscle gains motivate incorporation of the 5/3/1 training template and will attempt to take advantage of the brief window of anabolic metabolism granted by carbohydrate re-feeding on a cyclical ketogenic diet.

My own dieting and training philosophy is to eat and train to support the body you want. This guiding principle emphasizes maintaining the goal, by making sustainable change, rather than achieving the goal by eliminating or changing your current body composition by making sacrifices or through more extreme practices. I think it puts a more positive spin on one's perspective and expectations. I want to support a healthy, fit body, and by reducing the need for an unhealthy one by practicing healthy habits, the unhealthy body will give way to a healthy and fit one.

Details...

Nutrition plan

The nutrition plan I will follow is a cyclical ketogenic diet (CKD). The CKD alternates between longer periods of low carbohydrate diet to encourage use of body fat for energy, with shorter periods of carbohydrate re-feeding to restore muscle glycogen needed for high intensity exercise such as weight training. In my case, I will be ketogenic for 5.5 days with a carbohydrate feeding period of up to 36 hours. Additionally, there are transition periods between the extremes where I reduce calories and eat only lean protein called protein sparing meat fast (PSMF). These are incorporated to buffer against the adverse effects of switching to be explained below.

Weight loss requires maintaining a caloric deficit for an extended period of time. It really is as simple as that. The advantage of CKD is that I can specifically control types of metabolism that are conducive to my goals, while eating in a manner that is satisfying, non-monotonous, and sustainable given my lifestyle.

With that, the first goal is to determine how many calories I need for maintenance at both my current and goal body composition. For this CKD plan I use a weekly deficit to plan for weight loss rather than a daily deficit. This allows me to under-eat most days, and over-eat on fewer days as required to induce ketosis quickly after a carbohydrate refeed.

I calculated my my daily caloric needs using the ketogenic diet calculator on ankerl.com. It gives similar results to the many other online calculators. I did this for both my current and goal body composition, with moderate activity, and a 0% deficit. These are:

State(Total mass, LBM)

Current (250,180) = 3299 cals/day * 7 days/week = 23093 cals/week

Goal(215, 189) = 3059 cals/day * 7 days/week = 21413 cals/week

To lose weight, I merely have to be under these values for each week. To maintain body mass, I need to eat at least (189 lbs. LBM * 0.9) 170g protein, average per day. I take more or less depending on where I am in the weekly cycle to help with hunger, metabolic cues, and regulating insulin and other hormones. Fat and carbohydrate are altered to fit either the ketogenic and re-feeding meals, or nearly eliminated for PSMF meals.

I calculate macro needs for individual meals rather than daily. Each meal is designed to fit into each of the three categories as needed for its timing in the weekly cycle. My plan is to split my intake into 5 meals a day, especially during PSMF and Ketogenic phases to avoid insulin spikes from high protein intake (>50 g/meal).

To determine how each meal fits into each category I used the Ketogenic index formula:

KI = ( 0.9 * [grams of Fat] + 0.48* [grams of Protein] ) / ( [grams of Carb.] + 0.1 * [grams of Fat] + 0.52 * [grams of Protein] )

This ratio of Ketogenic to anti-Ketogenic incorporates the relative contributions to ketogenesis made by each gram of macronutrient. Values above 1.0 are meals that are ketogenic (fat breakdown), below 1.0 are anti-ketogenic (fat sparing), and those nearest to 1.0 I consider PSMF (neutral, protein sparing). I report the approximate KI value for each meal in my plan below.

Briefly, the week begins with a PSMF to transition to ketogenesis while allowing the body to use up any residual free glucose from the carb-up. Protein intake is at maintenance for goal LBM, FAT intake is minimal, and carb intake is zero. A very high caloric deficit through the day and an intense workout on day one will deplete blood glucose and liver glycogen levels to ketogenic levels. Post workout, fat intake will increase to promote ketogenesis, and allow low levels of carbohydrate, i.e. vegetables, and higher levels of protein to be consumed while the body is still anabolic. Following this, days 2-5 follow a ketogenic diet plan. Day 2 protein levels are at maintenance, while for days 3-5 it drops slightly to promote deeper ketogenesis. Day 6 begins with another round of PSMF before the carb-up, then a pre-workout lunch containing lean meat and fruit. This meal primes the switch to anabolic metabolism by providing fructose to interupt ketosis and rebuild the supply of liver glycogen. Then, another workout primes the body for refeeding. This workout is relatively light, and should hit all muscle groups. The carb-up begins immediately after this workout. During the first 24 hours of carb up, high glycemic index carbohydrates that are composed primarily from glucose, or glucose polymers are consumed. Glucose polymers are more readily absorbed by muscle and incorporated into glycogen, and thus, have less of a chance of being converted to fat when in slight excess. If there is a time to enjoy a beer or a glass of wine, it is during this phase, and it is no accident that this phase starts on Friday. Carb intake will be spread out between meals, snacks, as well, since total intake exceeds what I'm likely to eat in one sitting. Protein intake increases above maintenance to feed any muscle rebuilding that occurs. During this phase, fat can be eaten, but should be used sparingly as glucose is fat sparing and might lead to fat being stored in adipose tissue (body fat increase) rather than being burned as fuel. After the first 24 hours have passed, it becomes more important to limit fat further, and consume lower GI carbohydrates. Protein intake remains slightly high during day 7, and lower glycemic index carbohydrates are preferred. The following morning, carbs are cut off, only lean meat is consumed, and another weekly cycle begins.

I also consider the types of food, their quality, and their effects that I've observed in the past. Mainly I'll be avoiding dairy. Eating lots of cheese and yogurt tends to add a couple millimeters of swelling all across my body. Butter is okay, and cheese in low quantities is okay. I've also noticed I'm slightly allergic to concentrated dairy. If I drink heavy cream or whey protein, my throat and sinuses tend to get phlegmatic. During carb-ups, I need to avoid fruit because of the fructose content, except at the very start. Same goes for table sugar and other low quality sugar sources. Corn syrup (not high fructose corn syrup) will be useful, as are honey, and (natural) maple syrup. I respond well to wheat so white and whole grain bread is okay. But I abstain from barley because I don't digest it well. Oats, rice, and corn are fine. Also potatoes, sweet potatoes. I don't do great with legumes either. All meats are good, eggs too. I'll also be seeking out starchy vegetables during my carb ups because I don't get to eat them during keto. I don't do organic because its too expensive. I try to prepare as much food on my own stove as possible, that way I know what's in it.

Weight and body composition measurements will be taken on the morning of Day 6, since glycogen, water, electrolytes, and fat should be at their lowest for the week.

In the 5/3/1 exercise program, the fourth and final week of each cycle is deload week. Similarly, I'll “deload†my diet, and eat at maintenance for my goal body composition. During this week, I'll only count calories and protein loosely with goals of 3059 cals and 189 g protein. I'll strive to not go too far one way or the other with carbs and fat.

Exercise Plan

I will be following the 5/3/1 template with some alterations made to complement the needs and take advantage of the weekly cycle of the CKD catabolism and anabolism. I retain the same big compound exercises, but replacing the Press with the Clean and Press.

Exercise each week must complement the metabolic processes I am experiencing on the CKD. This motivates my choices for assistance exercises. The first workout of the week immediately follows the previous week's carb-up. The goal of this workout is to take advantage of the abundance of muscle glycogen, and deplete it to levels that encourage ketogenesis. Also, exercises during the early part of the week will benefit from the body being in a predominately anabolic state following the carb-up.

This makes proper execution of the day one workout crucial to progress in both weight loss via ketogenesis, and lean gains from anabolism from re-feeding. To achieve these goals, every muscle in the body must be worked intensely. Thus, day one will be squat day, followed by clean and press, and deadlifts. If energy is left over (doubtful), other bodyweight exercises can be used. Finally, this workout must end with 10-15 of low intensity cardio to eliminate lactic acid, thus enhancing recovery and hastening the induction of ketosis.

I designed the day one workout to deplete muscle glycogen throughout the body by doing the following. I assume that a workout of big compound movements, containing at least one squat/leg exercise, one press, and one pull is sufficient to engage all the major muscles of the body. By performing a sufficient number of repetitions at sufficient intensity of each, I should be able to deplete my muscle glycogen to low enough levels to encourage ketogenesis.

It has been shown that each rep at 70% 1 RM reduces muscle glycogen by 1.13 mmol/kg of muscle. If we assume a linear relationship of glycogen depletion/repetition to intensity (% of 1 RM), this amounts to 0.02 mmol/kg per percent. This probably overestimates the depletion below 70%, and underestimates it above 70%, but this should provide a rough guide for estimating the glycogen depletion of a given workout. I assume that post carb-up, a muscle glycogen level of 130-150 mmol/kg is achieved. Ketogenesis begins when levels are below 70 mmol/kg. Thus, to induce ketosis, muscle glycogen must be reduce by 60-80 mmol/kg.

Using these numbers as a guide, I overshoot for a depletion of 100 mmol/kg. The priority of this workout is to first do Squats as prescribed by 5/3/1, followed by enough big compound push and pull exercises to deplete glycogen throughout the rest of the body, followed by other assistance work if energy is not completely exhausted to the point of technical breakdown, which is likely at this point.

A second workout follows on day two-- this will be the 5/3/1 bench press workout. The goal is to finish the job from the previous day. So the prescribed bench press, plus calf raises, bicep curls, grip work, and possibly pushups and chinups. These exercises should finish glycogen depletion in the pectorals, biceps, and calves, all of which are not directly worked in day one's workout. Finally, the workout should again be finished with light cardio. At this point, recovery from the previous day is finishing, ketogenesis should be started or begining, and it is important not to interupt or hinder these processes by overworking.

Day three is an obligatory rest day. The 5/3/1 Deadlift workout should be performed on Day four, and may be post-poned until Day 5 if absolutely necessary. Since the deadlift workout falls on days of peak ketosis, assistance work may consist of only light bodyweight, or even nothing at all if the deadlifts leave me with too little steam. But, the workout should again be finished with light cardio to aid recovery and help with ketosis.

On day six, the goal is to stress the entire body just enough to make the body more receptive to glycogen synthesis. We want to get the final 5/3/1 workout for the week. Thus, here I use the power clean and press, with the prescribed 5/3/1 weight/rep scheme for the press (since it is the focus and most limiting aspect of the exercise). This brings the rest of the body into the work as well. This should then be followed by several bodyweight exercises. This workout should be light to moderate intensity, and leave my by drained and hungry glycogen.

Day seven is an obligatory rest day while I carb-up and recover.

On the fourth and final week of the 5/3/1 cycle, I will merely do the prescribed lighter workouts, low intensity or bodyweight work, while eating at maintenance, giving me plenty of recovery from the preceding three weeks, for the next three weeks.

Execution:

The following is a listing of my goals for the execution of the plan based on the above principles and numbers I have calculated. For planning's sake I find it important to carefully calculate and set these goals to demonstrate to myself the rationale of each step. In executing the plan, I will likely use this as only a guide. Tracking will be only be used to check foods whose macronutrient content I am uncertain or unfamiliar with. Otherwise, I will rely on my previous experience and knowledge to choose my meals.

Day One (Sunday):

Goals: Re-initiating ketosis after carb-up. Glycogen depletion. Taking advantage of remaining anabolic processes. 5/3/1 squat workout

Meals One-Three: PSMF

Macros: 34g PRO, 2g FAT, 0g CHO

KI = 1.01

Example meals: 4-6 oz. of lean beef, pork, poultry, or fish

Workout A:

Squat: 5/3/1

Power Clean and Press: 70% of Press 1 RM, 10x3 [10 sets of three reps]

Deadlift: 70 % of 1 RM, 10x3

Additional assistance work if capable/necessary

Meals Four-Five: Ketogenic

Macros: 34g PRO, 40g FAT, 5g CHO

KI = 1.96

Example meal: Dark meat chicken w/skin, vegetables cooked in chicken fat

Total cals day One: 1495

Total Macros: 170g PRO, 88g FAT, 10g CHO

Day Two (Monday):

Overview/goals: Continue depleting glycogen, 5/3/1 bench workout, last bit of anabolism

Workout B:

Bench Press: 5/3/1

Additional assistance work: curls, calf raises, grip work

or bodyweight: chinups, push ups

Meals One-Five: Ketogenic

Macros: 34g PRO, 34g FAT, 2-3g CHO

KI = 1.8-2.2

Example: Bacon, 5.5 oz. Hamburger patty cooked in bacon grease, small side salad w/dressing, maybe a bit of cheese on top

Total cals day Two: 2234

Total Macros: 170g PRO, 170g FAT, 10-15g CHO

Day Three-FIve (Tuesday - Thursday):

Overview/goals: Maintain ketosis, rest day, anabolism finished, 5/3/1 Deadlift workout day Four

Meals One-Five: Ketogenic

Macros: 30g PRO, 34g FAT, 2-3g CHO

KI = 2.14

Workout:

5/3/1 Deadlift

NDJS or bodyweight assistance work

Total cals day Three: 2152

Total Macros: 150g PRO, 170g FAT, 10-15g CHO

Day Six (Friday):

Overview/goals: Prepare for carb-up, initiate anabolism, increase protein, initiate carb-up, carb snacking allowed, morning weigh-in and other measurements

Meals One-Two: PMSF

Macros: 38g PRO, 2g FAT, 0g CHO

KI = 1.00

Meal Three: Pre-carb up

Macros: 38g PRO, 2g FAT, 50g CHO (from fruit)

KI = 0.28

Example meal: Lean meat with a few pieces of fruit

Workout:

Power Clean and Press 5/3/1

Bodyweight assistance work

Meals Four-Five: HI-GI Carb-up

Macros: 38g PRO, 40g FAT, 215g CHO (HI-GI sources)

KI = 0.23

Example meal: Steak sandwich w/fries, and a beer,

Day Seven (Saturday):

Overview/goals: finish carb-up, taper-off carbs, rest

Meals One-Two: HI-GI Carb-up

Macros: 38g PRO, 20g FAT, 215g CHO

KI = 0.15

Example meal: Pancakes with corn syrup, eggs and bacon

Meals Three-Four: LO-GI Carb-up

Macros: 38g PRO, 15g FAT, 38.33g CHO

KI = 0.53

Meals Five: LO-GI Carb-up

Macros: 38g PRO, 10g FAT, 38.33g CHO

KI = 0.46

Example meal: steak w/veggies and potatoes

Final Thoughts:

Though the details I've included above make this look complicated, executing the plan should be easy enough. Essentially, I'm eating keto 5 days a week, and enjoying some carbs on the weekend. As shown by the example meals, the nutrition plan is easy to execute without too much anal retentive tracking. All this is combined with working out 4 times a week on the 5/3/1 template. I have only one really long, brutal workout for the week, two short but intense ones, and one longer, low intensity workout. The total calorie deficit starts at just under 6000 calories / week and ends at about 4000 calories / week when I reach goal weight. Neither of these puts me under the -1000 cal/day wherein the metabolism starts to slow. This means I will be losing between 1.0 and 1.6 lbs. per week. Taking the minimal weight loss, and factoring in the deload/maintenance every fourth week, I should be ripped well before Christmas if I stick to this plan.

• Like 2

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

i admire your ability to map/plan all of this out. i have difficulty with mapping anything other than a workout plan. my diet i've only been closely monitoring carb intake, everything else is ball park. 

• Like 1

i admire your ability to map/plan all of this out. i have difficulty with mapping anything other than a workout plan. my diet i've only been closely monitoring carb intake, everything else is ball park. 

This was definitely a year in the making and it all exploded from my head to text over the course of a couple hours.

Also, I just joined a meetup group called "Eat like a bodybuilder," basically a meetup for people interested in lifting.

• Like 1

--Stronkey Kong--

This was definitely a year in the making and it all exploded from my head to text over the course of a couple hours.

Also, I just joined a meetup group called "Eat like a bodybuilder," basically a meetup for people interested in lifting.

that's pretty awesome. everyone i train with has a different diet plan. so, that'd be a little hard for me. i'm sure i'll find a happy medium somewhere. 

still damned impressive. 

whoa, love the precision and detail. I will definitely be following along. We obviously have read some similar literature. Kick ass man!

This was mostly brought on by reading Lyle MacDonald's The Ketogenic Diet.

Fun fact: When I type ketogenic, auto correct thinks I mean cryogenic. And it thinks autocorrect should be retrospect. I guess because the program is actually Swype, which it had no problem recognizing.

• Like 1

--Stronkey Kong--

Fun facts were funny...I can't swype-type the word "the"...it ALWAYS thinks I want "Three".  Nice plan, very well thought out, and looking forward to following along! 

• Like 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal Stats: (
About Me)
Start Weight: 279.6    Current Weight: 270.1    Goal Weight: 220.0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge History: Lvl 1 Rebel, PvP, Lvl 2 Warrior, Lvl 3 Warrior

Can't say I read all of this [emoji6]. But all very impressive, well done! I didn't realise you'd only been on for a year - always assumed it had been longer [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, i do talk a big game.

--Stronkey Kong--

Alright... The latest challenge is done so I'll be settling in here.

I did my first carb up this weekend. Because I was at a conference Saturday, it got a little out of control.

During the carb up i ate: a bash of gummy bears, 1.75# of cherries, several handfuls of cheese nips, a chicken sandwich on a Demi baguette, beer, bacon flavored chocolate, potato chip flavored chocolate, a double cheeseburger and fries... This was all on Friday... On Saturday, several pieces of sweet bread (banana nut, pineapple, and some other kind, turkey sandwich, potato chips, one cheese burger, two hot dogs, several brownies, lots of sangria, pizza, pork rinds, and six beers... Old Style tall boys cuz I was back in Chicago.

If i were doing this right, i would have stopped at the burger and hot dogs on Saturday. Also I would have eaten more protein overall. But,i was at a conference, choices were limited and i had fun.

Today I put that fuel to good use:

Squat: 45# 2(5), 95# 1(5), 135# 1(5), 185# 3, 225# 5, 255# 3, 285# 2, 225# 3, 135# 3

A year ago, 95# was a workout. Now i can barely tell the difference between 95# and the bar by itself.

Power clean, and press

105# 3(8)

I did a front squat after cleaning the bar off the floor. Then press. There were lots of dizzy third rep squats and presses.

Deadlift: 225# 3(8)

Yup...

Elliptical, 15 min. Low intensity.

• Like 1

--Stronkey Kong--

When I read sweet bread on your other challenge I thought "pancreas?" I see now sweat breads, not sweetbreads. Definitely more tasty imho.

Yeah. That occurred to me, but I thought sweetbread was thymus.

I don't know if there is a generic term for banana, pineapple, etc. bread. Dessert breads? Idk.

--Stronkey Kong--

Unfortunately, I underestimated, way underestimated, the amount of work needed to properly deplete glycogen for ckd.... So today i did this:

Warmup: 5 min. Elliptical, got hr above 163.

5/3/1_1.3.2

Bench press: 45# 10, 95# 5, 135# 3, 150# 5, 170# 3, 190# 4 + (1/2), 135# 3

Pendlay Rows: 135# 10, 185# 8(5)

Pushups (wide): 5(10)

High pulls: 45# 5, 95# 5(5)

Body weight leg press: 2(5) each leg

EZ bar curls: 55# 5(12)

Skullz: 55# 3(12)

YDB-press: 20# 12

Arnold press: 20# 12

DB flies: 20# 2(12)

DB shrug: 75# 10

Woodchoppers: 72# 3(12)

Face pulls: 72# 3(12)

Floor crunches: 108#? 20

Plank: held 30 breaths

Cooldown: 15 min. Elliptical, hr 140-150 bpm

There was quite a bit of dicking around with DBs (not douche bags), feeling out what needed more work and what was already toasted. My arms, chest, and back are good, but I need to go back and do more leg and core work. Tomorrow I'll go in and finish the job with squats or leg press if need be- might want to rest my back for Deadlift day- ghrs, and sit ups and planks, and calf raises.

• Like 1

--Stronkey Kong--