Another 200 swings in the books. I just realized, I have a bone to pick with you...If you've already done hundreds of swings in a day in the past why didn't you warn me about how miserable it is? Lol

Another 200 swings in the books. I just realized, I have a bone to pick with you...If you've already done hundreds of swings in a day in the past why didn't you warn me about how miserable it is? Lol

Well, I got 100 in this morning before one of my callouses tore. I'm heading to the gym so I'll make up the rest then, assuming my wound dries up, and/or I just cram a bunch of chalk into it. Then I'll try again tomorrow.

Dude, they're not that bad... Although, when I did them I didn't do 200 all at once. They were spaced out through the day.

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

Haha no no you are right. They aren't that bad. I think its just the pure volume for a week of these.  Throwing in press or front squats have made it bearable.

Eck to the callouses....thankfully I never had those issues...yet.

My current challenge is supposed to be about endurance. So for a while I'll be off 5/3/1.

for now, I'm going to go back to what i was doing but working to specific set and rep goals at fixed weights and to improve my progress to my military pft test goals.

Workout A: Clean and Press 135# 10x3, Front Squat 135# 3x8, Dips 3x5

Workout B: Deadlift 275# 3x8, Front Squat 135# 3x8, GHRs 3x5

Workout C: Bench Press 185# 3x8, Pendlay Rows 185# 3x8, Dips 3x5

Workout D: Squat 225# 3x8, Press 135# 3x8, GHRs 3x5

Then I'll finish each workout with AMRAP:
Chinups
Pushups
Crunches

Then some running. I'm aiming to do 5k at 5 mph, then from there improve speed.

• Like 3

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

Okay. Getting things started up again.

Warmup: 5 min. Elliptical, hr above 150 bpm for two min.

Clean and press: 45# 3, 95# 3, 135# 2, 95# 6(3)

Most done from hang.

Dips: 4, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1

Front squat: 115# 8, 2x5

Pullups(5# asst): 2, 1, 1

Crunches: 30

Pushups: 14

Really had to be humble today. I tried to go for gold but when spend the better part of three weeks slacking off, you can't dive in head first.

Anyway, it's a start.

• Like 4

--Stronkey Kong--

Workout

Goals: deadlift, front squat, endurance stuff

Warmup: 5 min. Elliptical. HR above 153 for 2 min.

Deadlift: 135# 10, 225# 5, 315# 3, 2, 1, 275# 5, 5, 3,

225# 3

I decided i wanted to see how many time i could pull 315#, instead of 275# 3x8, cuz, ya know, it's fun.

Power clean: 135#

I was putting the bar back in the rack to do

Front squat: 45# 5, 95# 5, 135# 3x5

Hypers 20

In place of ghr... My gym was recently remodeled so i need to find a new way to do ghrs.

Pullup: 2 (10# asst.)

Pushup: 20

Crunch: 30

Running: 3km, 23:00 min.

• Like 1

--Stronkey Kong--

Nordic Ham Curl!  Try it.

Looks like an awesome workout...good job sir.

Okay, so I've been doing nordic ham curls as GHRs... apparently.

My gym does not nor has ever had a GHR bench, so I used to throw some pads down on top of step platform, and put my ankles under the cross brace of one of the dip/leg raise/pullup bar apparatus/thingy.

Anyway, they bought a new one, and it works well, BUT...

Last time I tried it, I was actually getting to the point where I can use my muscles to start lifting myself up more, and I nearly flipped the damn thing, that is the entire pullup/dip apparatus.

Anyway, its back to trial and error to find a way/place/equipment to get these back into my workouts.

But really, I just need some kind of strap and a board...

• Like 1

--Stronkey Kong--

Been thinking...

I've decided to up my calories a bit. I'm off keto, and hence the whole "masterplan."

I think I'm going to go back to 3x5 for a bit and see if I can squeeze a last few drops of  beginner/linear gains from the ice cream 3x5 routine before I decide to go for another cycle of 5/3/1.

I'm also giving IF a try...

Or do I have fuckarounditis...

--Stronkey Kong--

Oh its mostly due to fuckarounditis.  But that doesn't necessarily mean its a bad thing.  I was fucking around with the swings.  Experiment.  See what works.

Take the good. Leave the bad.

Okay, so I've been doing nordic ham curls as GHRs... apparently.

My gym does not nor has ever had a GHR bench, so I used to throw some pads down on top of step platform, and put my ankles under the cross brace of one of the dip/leg raise/pullup bar apparatus/thingy.

Anyway, they bought a new one, and it works well, BUT...

Last time I tried it, I was actually getting to the point where I can use my muscles to start lifting myself up more, and I nearly flipped the damn thing, that is the entire pullup/dip apparatus.

Anyway, its back to trial and error to find a way/place/equipment to get these back into my workouts.

But really, I just need some kind of strap and a board...

i hate these

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Workout:

Squat: 45# 10, 95# 5, 135# 5, 185# 5, 225# 4, 3, 3

Good Mornings: 45# 12, 65# 2(12)

Front Squat: 135# 3(5)

Cable crunch: 42.5# 12, 62.5# 12, 82.5# 3(12)

Chinup: 1, 1

Dip: 5, 3

Did this after an 18 hour fast, and coming out of the pay few weeks of slacking off.

Now, I eat!

• Like 2

--Stronkey Kong--

Macros today

3402 cals

242 g PRO

73 g FAT

525g CHO

I broke my fast with some chicken and green beans at 1:30, worked out, then ate more chicken with a big salad, then Assn while box of kashi go lean with 4 c of milk.

• Like 1

--Stronkey Kong--

Checking in...

Its been a while since my last workout.

I've been really busy with work and on top of that I'm broke.

Lately I've been getting <2000 cals per day, since I'm trying to stretch out my few remaining dollars for the month.

On the plus side, my weight dropped back down to 251, and I'm start to lose weight again.

--Stronkey Kong--

I want to see the weights moving again sir!

October is a 3 paycheck month! WHAT WHAT! (and an additional woot woot)

Me too.

3 paychecks? I do get paid a day early since the 1st falls over the weekend, but I get paid once a month. I hate the end of the month.

--Stronkey Kong--

Once a month!? No wonder the end of the month sucks balls so hard for you.

As I look at my calendar I realized that I'm no longer happy about this 3 paycheck month...my first paycheck of the month is my biggest check and this means that I don't get that check until the 14th!  Salty balls...

I finally got into the gym and lifted some unimpressive weights...

Warmup: 5 min elliptical

Press: 45# 10, 65# 10, 95# 5, 105# 2(5), 3

Squat: 45# 2(5), 95# 5, 135# 5, 185# 2(5), 3

Cable crunch: 60# 10, 70# 10, 100# 10

Hypers: 3(10)

I meant to start a new 5/3/1 cycle, but it quickly devolved into "do whatever i can to get the muscles back awake." I did hypers and cc's because i could feel my back and core were the weakest links today.

And I'm walking away from that like I just did 5x5 @ 95%. You know that feeling right?

Anyway... I got to test out the new gym across the street... That's right, tie my shoes, walk fifty feet and I'm lifting. It's smaller, a little cramped, but it'll do the job. There's no bench press bench actually. I'll have to either go to the old place, or bench in the rack.

• Like 2

--Stronkey Kong--

I finally got into the gym and lifted some unimpressive weights...

Warmup: 5 min elliptical

Press: 45# 10, 65# 10, 95# 5, 105# 2(5), 3

Squat: 45# 2(5), 95# 5, 135# 5, 185# 2(5), 3

Cable crunch: 60# 10, 70# 10, 100# 10

Hypers: 3(10)

I meant to start a new 5/3/1 cycle, but it quickly devolved into "do whatever i can to get the muscles back awake." I did hypers and cc's because i could feel my back and core were the weakest links today.

And I'm walking away from that like I just did 5x5 @ 95%. You know that feeling right?

Anyway... I got to test out the new gym across the street... That's right, tie my shoes, walk fifty feet and I'm lifting. It's smaller, a little cramped, but it'll do the job. There's no bench press bench actually. I'll have to either go to the old place, or bench in the rack.

Hey at least you got in there.  That's the hardest part.  Waking up the muscles is good too.  And a gym across the street?!  I'd do something dastardly for that!  Even if it was cramped and had no bench.  That's a blessing, man.  

• Like 2

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Another quick one:

Warmup: elliptical 5 min hr ~160 for two min.

Deadlift: 135# 10, 185# 8, 225# 5, 275# 3, 4

Dips (between dl sets): 2, 3, 2, 1, 2

Front squat: 45# 5

My back felt pretty taxed so I held off on the front squats.

• Like 1

--Stronkey Kong--