DB Bench Press: 2x30# 12, 2x40# 3x12

DB Rows: 2x30# 12, 2x40# 3x12

Superset 2:

Inclined Curls: 2x20# 2x8

Skullz: 45# 2x12

DB Plate Press: 2x20# 2x12

20 hypers

20 crunches

I need to curl more. A lot more. 20# for 2x8 and I wind up with tendinitis the next day. That's bullshit.

I need to bro up my game.

• Like 2

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

Just another short one tonight.

Front Squat: 45# 10, 95# 6, 135# 5x5

short ones are better than nones

• Like 2

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

in that case...carry on

what he said. 

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

It's Friday night... post Happy Hour, and I'm sober, still in lab and writing code.

I'm end of the month broke again so that's the main reason.

I'm surviving on ~2000 or less a day, and not enough protein (at least for working out hard).

Just one more week of that.

Then what?

I want to write a post about how I'm gonna get my paycheck, start eating awesome food again and workout superhard...

Christmas is coming, so that'll be a set back. And going forward, I've gotta push out two or three papers and a dissertation. So will I have the energy to kick ass at everything at once?... maybe if I had the money.

Fuck!

• Like 1

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

Sorry man.  Not sure if you have Costco where you are or whether you eat pork, but I recently discovered their huge pork loins they sell.  I get about 100 oz of lean protein from one of those bad boys for about $20.  Just a thought.  Keep on keepin' on.

Current: reorient

Old: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | a | b | battle log

Older: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

myfitnesspal | epic quest

i feel ya. the holidays keep me broke even though i'm working an insane amount of hours

I'm back...

Easing back in with my old 5x5

Err, 3x5 today...

Warmup: 5 min. Elliptical, hr above 162 (85% max.) For 2 min.

Squat: 45# 2(5), 95# 5, 135# 5, 185# 3(5)

Bench press: 45# 10, 65# 5, 95# 5, 135# 3(5)

Pendlay Rows: 135# 3(5)

My current goal is to get back to doing Ice cream 5x5, lift and eat like a beast until max out what I can do on a 5x5. Then do a keto cut on 3x5, before going back on 5/3/1.

Oh yeah. Where the fuck was I?

Working hard and pondering my future, then holiday craziness. I'm in the process of makomg some big decisions. I'll let you folks know what's up when they get made.

• Like 3

--Stronkey Kong--

glad to have you back.

• Like 1

New Masterplan...

I posted this in the 10 lbs. PvP and am moving it here for reference in this thread.

Okay, so now my intro.

Many of you recognize me from the previous one or two weight loss PvPs we've done. I've been on NF for 1.5 years, and currently weigh more than when I started. I've been training with the warriors, so I heavily emphasize lifting weights in my exercise program, though I often add a bit of cardio here and there.

What makes me a Nerd: I'm a grad student in Genetics, I program computers a lot, and I love math and science. My favorite video game of all time is tied with TLoZ:Ocarina of Time  and FF7, but lately I've really gotten into the Assassin's Creed series. If I make it further a long I might have a new favorite. And, I grew my hair long to look more like Jon Snow in GOT... though I probably look more like Robert Baratheon, especially with the beard now, and twice in one evening two different people said my hair reminded them of Tyrion... even though I'm 6' 0" and "black of hair."

My PvP strategy:

Exercise: I'm going to start doing some light cardio every morning. Mostly walking. My gym recently started doing $1 coffee in the morning so that's a convenient incentive to get up at six and get to the treadmill. As mentioned before, I lift weights. I'm probably going to start a cycle of 5/3/1 next week.

Diet: I'm going to start on keto for the first couple of weeks. Then, I'm going to add fruit and starchy vegetables back in. Then, after two weeks of that, I'll add some healthy grains back in if progress is being made. I need to keep with low carbs, but no carbs is rough on my stomach over the long term. I'm kinda taking this from the cliffs notes of the south beach diet and combining it with my previous ketogenic diet experiences.

Carb additions: "carbless" veggies (<3g/serving, leafy greens etc. ) >> most other veggies (carrots, tomatoes) >> fruit/starchy veggies (potatoes,beans,squashes) >> whole grains (oats, brown rice) >> HI-GI foods, refined/polished grains (white rice, pasta, corn syrup) >> Pure garbage (candy, cake, desserts, HFCS, table sugar)

Measurements: I'll be tracking inches off my waist as well as weight., but I'm only going to do my weigh-ins once a month. I have a tendency to lose a couple of pounds one week, then relax and even falsely reward myself.

Tracking and rewards: Life is easier when I don't have to track anything. If I stick to the plan for a whole month and I see solid progress then I can reward myself. Also progress will affect addition of new carb containing foods, tracking, and exercise.

After one month...

X result will earn my Y reward(s)/penalty(ies):

10 lbs. lost  = add good carbs

2 in. lost = A night with friends, beer, and foods,

5 lbs. lost = add good carbs

1 in. lost = one cheat meal

<5 lbs. lost = add good carbs

0 lbs. lost = remove carbs

<5 lbs. gained (and no reduction in waist in.) = remove carbs, track calories

1 in gained = add 10 min cardio, 3 days/week.

5 lbs. gained (and no reduction in waist in.) = remove carbs, -300 cals/day

2 in. gained = add 20 min cardio, 3 days/week. (maybe switch to HIIT for 10)

10 lbs. gained = remove all carbs, -500 cals/day

Carb additions just go to the next rung of the above ladder. If I'm gaining weight, but inches are going down, I don't care, that's considered the best type of progress for strength training.

The best way for me to succeed at weight loss is to keep my mind off of it as much as possible. So I'll be hiding my scale, and focussing on lifting more each week at the gym.

Im-Ready-Lets-Do-This-Reaction-Gif.gif

• Like 3

--Stronkey Kong--

So I alluded to some big life-changing decisions a week or two ago...

I just pulled the trigger today... I'm leaving graduate school.

I decided that after all these years, I'm not making the progress I should be, my heart is no longer in it, and it's putting me on a path I don't want to be on.

So, yeah... stay tuned, this could get interesting.

• Like 2

--Stronkey Kong--

I'm most likely going to apply my computing knowledge toward some job. I'm meeting a friend of mine for dinner to talk about directions I could go in. The good thing is I'll be staying for a while to finish up the project I've been working on, so I've got a couple months, maybe all semester to find something.

• Like 1

--Stronkey Kong--

This is really awesome. There's nothing worst then feeling like you're just being stagnant. Also happy you didn't do the whole "I've been doing it this long, might as well keep going"

• Like 1

i don't blame you at all. if you aren't happy, you have to make strides toward making yourself happy. 

• Like 1