completely random individual here...

Hello! I've been following Nerd fitness for almost 3 years now! I hadn't had the courage or given myself the time to begin posting here. I think this idea of a fitness community is great and I lvoe the atmosphere, everyone seems so excited about things and life!

So I wanted to join, I already posted my "epic quest" here, so feel free to read it if you want :D

Here I just wanted to talk a bit about myself (sorry to be like that, but I just wanna introduce myself in this medium). 

I'm 20 years old, I was born in Venezuela but I lived all my life in Chile. I study composition (music) in The Hague, Netherlands. I love reading different stuff, mainly literature (my favorite authors are J. L. Borges and Virginia Woolf) but I'm beginning to read more philosophy. I'm also interested in religion, although more for the philosophy and the poetry of it rather than believing in any. My favorite composers are Bach, Handel, Stockhausen, Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Vivier, Glass, and others (I don't wanna make the list too big). I love heavy metal also hahaha

My aims here are many, as you may read in my list. But I guess they all come down to one main thing, which I want to explore and develop from now onwards, which is basically taking myself more seriously. This, to me, doesn't mean to become a very serious person with no sense of humor, but more like respecting myself and doing the things I really want to do and not let laziness win over me. this is my main objective in the coming years and I hope I can achieve it.

Thank you all for reading and I wish you all the best in your lives!

• Like 1

Ironhead... hahahahahaha I haven't thought about that! It seems like a good idea, I usually like to work out with dance music (like salsa, cumbia, or even house)... let me think, I guess something that has some sort of beat to it and is intense.. I used to listen to some stuff before, let me make a list (I like lists)...

Philip Glass -

Glass -  

Glass -

Dmitri Shostakovich (his music is a bit too tragic, but maybe you'll like it) -

Shostakovich -

Shostakovich - Symphony No. 4, second movement

John Adams -

Steve Reich -

(this is a bit weird, but I like the rhythm hahaha)

Maybe I would also like to listen to just simply epic stuff, for that maybe it's noce something like

Richard Wagner -

(from Götterdammerung)

Wagner -

Jean Sibelius -

Johannes Brahms -

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky -

(this is the complete piece, but the first movement ends at 18:28... it's just that I love this performance)

Tchaikovsky -

(complete, please hahaha)

Hahahahaha I think I overdid myself, but this music is also really nice to listen to and I really recommend it. I hope you enjoy it and please share with me what do you listen to when you workout!!

• Like 1

Yes! This is great, i'll give it a shot once i get some downloaded to my ipod.  I'm really liking all of Philip Glass's and Johannes Brahms Violin Concerto, Third movement.

Thanks.

Also checked your goals and it is impressive! Good luck, all the fitness goals, I'm sure to be able to accomplish with all the knowledge in this forum.

Level 1 Half-Orc Barbarian Ranger, Chaotic Good
STR:2 DEX:0 STA:2 CON:2 WIS:2 CHA:0

Do not wait to strike the iron while it is hot; but make it hot by striking.

Lose ten pounds Battle Log Quest I