IceRogue is getting Healthy (Pics and weight updates)

Current activities/diet:

• Ketogenic Diet (Doctor Recommended)
  • Walking 15 min at work and then longer walks/runs in the evening (Doctor suggested minimum of two 15 minute walks a day)
  • Tai Chi/Qi Gong 15 minutes a day (Starting soon based on Doctor commendation)
  • Strength Training
Any other suggestions for things for me to work on let me know. Also in my signature is my battle log if you are interested in how I am doing.

Thanks for checking this thread out <3

453dad5c-fe92-415b-8bc1-df304c97e996_zps

IceRogue, Level 1 Yeti adventurer

SW: 325lbs (2013/10)  GW: 180lbs (-145lbs)  CW: 275 (-50 on 2014/07/19)

34.5%
34.5%

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Weight Loss and Picture Log

Find me at: TwitterTwitch.tvYouTube

I came down from nearly the same weight to 217 +/-  on my way to 190 to 200 depending on a few factors.

Running is brutal for us bigger guys. Don't run unless chased til you're under 200. Doing sprints is fantastic for fat loss. When someone says "jog" or "run", you should hear sprint. It's every bit as good, cardiovascular-wise, as jogging and much healthier on joints - especially for us big guys. Also much less time-consuming for the same level of effect.

Stationary bikes are awesome for sprinting, so are stair climbers that let you go fast enough. I have an xiser i use that I got cheap on craigslist that works great.

These are generally healthier and safer than actual track-style sprinting until you can comfortably run-balls-to-the-wall with no discomfort no shifting around too much to counter your extra weight.

You also hear it called HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). The  acronym HIIT has been absorbed to refer to all sorts of non-intense exercises. Intensity is what makes it effective...

Go full-out-bat-sh!t-crazy full-speed for 30 seconds. Rest 90 seconds to 4 minutes. Rinse and repeat. The first several days you try it, only do 2, maybe 3 rounds. Add a round every other week til you get to 6 rounds - but listen to your body. Don't over-do it. Going from 0 exercise to sprint can be taxing. But you'll be surprised how quickly it gets easier. The first couple times you may only want to 20 second sprint rounds.

If you've had serious heart issues, this probably won't be for you til you see significant arterial plaque reduction.

Ketogenic is great - don't forget your veg! So many great X-low and no carb veg recipes on line.

Getting fitter was nowhere near as heard as i thought.

Good luck, but better you get good information.

D

Out of curiosity, what do your macros/calories look like on your ketogenic diet?  I'm asking because most people figure it out for themselves but if the doctor recommended it I'm guessing he set up a plan for you?

Actually he didn't give me that much information, so I did a lot of looking online to figure it out. I believe I have myfitnesspal set to 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% carbs.

IceRogue, Level 1 Yeti adventurer

SW: 325lbs (2013/10)  GW: 180lbs (-145lbs)  CW: 275 (-50 on 2014/07/19)

34.5%
34.5%

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Weight Loss and Picture Log

Find me at: TwitterTwitch.tvYouTube