Is Bleeding After Workouts Normal?

On 6/25/2019 at 9:21 PM, Jody_Adele said:

So i started exercising for the first time like ever because im 18 and finding i need to take action of helping my body lose weight as im becoming an adult now and my body doesn't stay slim like it used to. Ive got my own Workout of Crunches and ab twists and also full body fat workouts but i have found that i am bleeding the day after and only for that one day then it stops. The worry i am having is i dont get periods as i have stopped them completely by the doctor prescribing me with the constant prescription of the pill where I have no breaks with it.

I am also testing it out before i go to the doctors about it so I'm going to stop exercise for 2 weeks and then start exercise again and if i bleed i will take it to the doctors as i feel like because im on the pill I shouldn't be bleeding at all.

Edit ~ i wont bleed for the entirety of the one day it will just be like an overnight bleed and that it

Hi, the same thing happened to me as well. I recently started working out again and yesterday, I noticed that after the workout, there was small blood or spotting of some sort after wiping with a paper towel. But it didn't last for like an hour. Only after the workout, like for a minute or two and was completely gone afterwards. Only difference is, I'm not on pills. This is the first time it happened and I'm really worried since my period is not due until 11 days. :(

Hey! Same thing happened to me too. I'm 22 yrs old and I just started working out again after about 1 month and a half of not working out. Its been about 4 days of me working out, and I usually do HIIT workouts, ChloeTing style with some weights involved. But today I did some arm and abs workouts with weights, and I definitely felt tired and it was pretty intense. A few hours later I start feeling some cramps and right now that I'm checking, I'm seeing light pink spotting on my underwear.  My period doesn't come for another 9 days though. This has happened to me before, after a pretty intense workout and its usually gone away the day after. I've been spotting in between my periods too for a while now,  usually some days after my period. I'm not on any pills, not pregnant either. 

Did you figure out what was wrong? I'm having that issue now. I'll work out, and l will cramp and bleed. And would do it 3 days in a row and then just stop the 3rd day bc it would be unbearable. Would try again with a different routine and the next period would be the worst. Then tried just walking on the treadmill. Got to do about a week, period came, decided to rest bc the cramping was bad. The period stayed with me for over 2 weeks.

Just had an endometrial biopsy and my period started a few days ago. I'm in so much pain and i feel huge. I just want to work out like i used to. I miss my body's strength and endurance.

I am 33 and have been into sports my whole life just about.  Over the last 4 years I have had extremely regular periods but have been bleeding inbetween and notice I'd bleed directly after a waterpolo game and sometimes during exercise.  Today I had a big bleed requiring a tampon during my regular weights session, about 12 days post period.  I've been keeping a track of it all to see if there's any correlation.  Might seem to be worse 2 weeks after the period and i've put it down to hormonal changes.  I had a thorough check up intially but they found nothing, tried using the pill for 3 months to regulate it with no help.  There's not much on the internet either which makes it seem like it's definitely not a normal occurrence or common problem.  Had to take iron supplements earlier this year.  Might check in with the GP again soon.  

Hi to all, I'm comforted to know I'm not alone. I am 37 year old, and I too have these moments of spotting. Yes, days I am hitting abs hard, I notice bright red discharge. I have suspected fibroids , and as of lately my ovulation days I cringe in pain from my pelvis down my legs, and I also experience spotting those days. We could be going under hormonal drops, I don't have experience  with birth control to give any insight on that.  The reason I believe it may be fibroid is because intercourse during ovulation time (since uterus is softer) I get bright bleeding as well. I've been putting off the ultrasound because  my hormone test came back normal, but I am getting bleeding episodes more often now. 

To those who experience  brown tinted blood, I've been told our uterus can hang on to some of our previous menstruation  blood, and may escape during heavy activity. 

I am not doctor, but I am a woman that has experienced  lots of periods. Odd bleeds that come around, every once in a while are okay, but those habitual bleeds between periods may warrant a talk with the doctor. I'll update if it is fibroids or ovarian cysts pops (forgot to mention that I get those as well, but they aren't those consisting of blood, mine are just fluid).  Take care!

I was doing the Chloe ting 2 week shred back last year and I started having discharge and bleeding afterwards but it would last days and keep going past my period, I went to the clinic and they checked me out down there and found nothing but a yeast infection. That obviously wasn’t causing the bleeding though, she said it was to do with the fact I’d been on the pill for a couple years now and that it would subside over time. I just started working out again, I did one on Tuesday and had orange / pink discharge that lasted a couple days, and then today (Friday) I’ve done the same workout again and had actual bleeding, a bit darker than normal blood colour, slightly brown. I’m super worried, do I need to make an appointment or is it just from working out and being on the pill or what? 

13 hours ago, xxx said:

I was doing the Chloe ting 2 week shred back last year and I started having discharge and bleeding afterwards but it would last days and keep going past my period, I went to the clinic and they checked me out down there and found nothing but a yeast infection. That obviously wasn’t causing the bleeding though, she said it was to do with the fact I’d been on the pill for a couple years now and that it would subside over time. I just started working out again, I did one on Tuesday and had orange / pink discharge that lasted a couple days, and then today (Friday) I’ve done the same workout again and had actual bleeding, a bit darker than normal blood colour, slightly brown. I’m super worried, do I need to make an appointment or is it just from working out and being on the pill or what? 

See a doctor. Please.

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34

On 1/12/2021 at 5:57 PM, CLJ said:

I have no tips or answers, haha, just wanted to chime in to say this happens to me too. It always has for years, just whenever I have a really intense workout.  🤷‍♀️  I'm a healthy fit 42 year old woman.

hi i’m 25 and i’ve been working out for about three weeks now.. the last 4 times i’ve worked out i’ve spotted right after… not sure what this means either but hoping someone can give some insight? 

7 hours ago, xxx said:

I’m not being funny but please don’t talk like that. That’s really gonna scare me and others. 

As you said in your post, you are already scared. We cannot give medical advice here, and that is what you need, both for your peace of mind and for your physical health. Hence..,. "See a doctor. Now."

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34

On 1/14/2022 at 3:39 PM, xxx said:

I’m getting the exact same thing started a new exercise routine and my strenuous activity has doubled in the past week. I also have a lower estrogen pill so I’ve put it down to that as breakthrough bleeds are way more common. It’s dark and brown in colour no chance of Sti or pregnancy I think it just may be the change in hormones. It’s started after strenuous activity and I just think my body is stressed it should just have a couple days to rest. Hopefully should clear in a couple days, how have you been now? I have ranged my doctor he said probably nothing to worry about.   

8 hours ago, Olivetree2 said:

I’m getting the exact same thing started a new exercise routine and my strenuous activity has doubled in the past week. I also have a lower estrogen pill so I’ve put it down to that as breakthrough bleeds are way more common. It’s dark and brown in colour no chance of Sti or pregnancy I think it just may be the change in hormones. It’s started after strenuous activity and I just think my body is stressed it should just have a couple days to rest. Hopefully should clear in a couple days, how have you been now? I have ranged my doctor he said probably nothing to worry about.   

I haven’t worked out since Friday when I had the bleeding but over the weekend and today I’ve had the coloured discharge again. Just worried. I’m due on my period on Thursday though so I can rly book an appointment at the clinic til after then for an examination 

• RES locked this topic