Getting to crow pose

I figured I'd get a bit of advice here, as I'm sure a lot of you might have different perspectives from the one yoga instructor I tend to interact with.

I have really good flexibility and balance, but the "balance" part only applied to my feet.  One foot, tiptoes even, generally no problem.  The moment I try to do a hand balance, though, I might as well just cry and call it quits.  Between lack of upper body strength and old hand injuries, my attempts are pathetic.  I desperately want to get myself up into a stable crow pose, though!  I think I may make this my first 6 week challenge once the new cycle starts later this month.

I'm going to try to work on shoulder and arm strength in a variety of ways (weights and bodyweight training), but I'm wondering if anyone has any tips at how to work up to this particular balance, and recommendations for exercises I can do!

(Next up, if I can get crow to balance - flying lizard!)

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

This is awesome, thank you!  I will definitely work on this, though I still think my upper body strength isn't up to snuff.  Hopefully as I work on my arms/shoulders/back and try to go through this progression, I'll get there.  Thank you!

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

This is awesome, thank you!  I will definitely work on this, though I still think my upper body strength isn't up to snuff.  Hopefully as I work on my arms/shoulders/back and try to go through this progression, I'll get there.  Thank you!

pushups are a great overall exercise for building the strength you need for crow

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

pushups are a great overall exercise for building the strength you need for crow

Yup!  I started doing these daily a couple days ago when I decided to make this my next milestone.  :nevreness:

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads