Hello all! I've just signed up for the forum today (and yes, I probably will be posting a lot... that being said... I'm looking for an accountabilibuddy! Someone who wants to be my workout friend! Get at me!)

I have no idea what I'm doing with this, so please be patient with me. Technology and I aren't friendly. 

I keep track of my food by journal, as well as my exercise log... I do strength training (body weight only) Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Sundays are yoga days, and Tuesdays and Thursdays, for now, are general recovery days (walking, mostly). That being said, when I move, Tuesdays and Thursdays might become kung-fu days. Saturdays are "relax" days, so my body can chill out. I have a bad knee, so I sometimes take a Tuesday or Thursday off because it hurts too much to do anything. I'm hoping as I get better, I can work out a full six days a week without having to turn one of my exercise days into an "off" day. 

Today, I did:

- 50 incline push ups (2 sets)

- 12 assisted pull-ups (2 sets... ow... T-Rex arms are real)

- 4 minutes of planks (3 sets)

- 80 bodyweight squats (2 sets)

Well... here's hoping I stay focused!

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Current Challenge:  NicBot-5000 enters Recovery Mode

Previous Challenges: 12, 3,  4, 5, 6

PRE REBOOT CHALLENGES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Various links and sundry: Battle log, Respawn post

So I started this on.... Wednesday? I think? That sounds right.

Thursday: A nice long walk

Friday: Konami Code Workout! I did 10 sets :)

- 2 inverted rows (one day, pull-ups... one day)

- 2 push ups

- LRLR lunges

- 1 Burpee

- 1 Air Squat

Saturday: A day of rest. But not really, because I currently work in retail and was on my feet running around for 8 hours

Sunday: Yoga day! (And running around at work for 6 hours)

Monday (today): 4 circuits of the following:

- 6 inverted rows (2 palms out, 2 palms in)

- 4 push ups

- 12 lunges (6 per side)

- 4 burpees

- 12 bodyweight squats

- 30 second plank

I got my brother to do them with me. While he surpassed me in pushups, I ran circles around him with squats. Must get better at pushups and teach him to do a squat properly, or he'll kill himself when football starts....

Other stuff: In the last month, I lost around 6 pounds, and lost 1.5" off my waist! 

Current Stats:

Height: 5'8

Weight: 140 lbs

Right Arm: 10.25"

Chest: 39"

Waist: 29.5"

Belly: 32"

Hips: 37.5"

Right Leg (Thigh): 21.5:

Right Leg (Calf): 13.75"

With all that, I won't be doing any measurements until 8/17 or so, because if I do look, the daily fluctuations will kill me on the inside.

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Today was a light day. I did 20 burpees and 30 crunches. Yesterday was a stressful/emotionally rough for me, so I ended up indulging in the junk food. =/ Oops. I'll try better today. 

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Just popping in to say "hi!" and that I hope today goes well for you.

Are you moving TO the Boston area or FROM the Boston area? :)

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Ahhh, bummer! Well, there are a lot of us in the Boston area, so we should try to meet up before you leave. :)

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Ahhh, bummer! Well, there are a lot of us in the Boston area, so we should try to meet up before you leave. :)

:o Sorry to jump in but a meetup in Boston sounds fun! We should make it happen~

I'll be in Boston for the Boston Comic Con, on August 9-10! I could definitely take an hour or two away from the con to meet up, as long as you don't mind if I show up in costume!! :P

• Like 1

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Log for 7/23:

12 sets of the Konami Code workout!

AND I completed my self-set challenge of 10 consecutive inverted rows after the workout.

7/24:

Today is a yoga day. I'm trying to get more used to doing yoga on a regular basis to get myself in the right mindset for the six-week challenge.

I'm going to be staying at a friend's house for next week so I can more easily commute to Boston, so I'm trying to figure out how to workout while living at his apartment... hmm....

That being said, I'm going to be in Boston (well, right outside of Boston) pretty much all next week! Let me know if you want to meet up at some point! I'll be free after 5 pm every day, from Monday to Friday!

• Like 1

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Oh, awesome! One note on working out, Boston has a buttload of free outdoor classes this summer: 

http://www.normanbleventhalpark.org/music.html

http://www.cityofboston.gov/images_documents/summer_fitness_series_2014%20web%20final_tcm3-44904.pdf

http://www.esplanadeassociation.org/what-we-do/programs/healthy-fit-and-fun/

Most of them are group "fun" fitness classes like zumba or yoga, but there are some bootcamp style ones as well if that is more your thing. Also we have a contingent of NF folks (read: 2-4 usually) like to do the stadium stairs at Harvard with November Project at 6:30 AM on Wednesdays if that sounds like something you'd be interested in. ;)

I'm around most of next week, so we can definitely meet up sometime! :D

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

Oooh, I'll definitely double check my schedule to see which ones I could do. My biggest concern is being able to get to class on time, so I'll keep you guys updated!

Battle log: 7/25/2014:

Could not finish challenge of 15 consecutive inverted rows. I could only do 11. Looks like I'll try again tomorrow.

2 circuits of the following:

- 6 Inverted Rows

- 4 knee push ups

- 6 lunges (per side)

- 4 burpees

- 12 bw squats

- 30 second plank.

I would have done another two, but my mother thought that going for a jog with her was far better for my health and well-being than my own b.w. training routines. Now I'm cranky and my knee injury is aggravated again. She seems to think that running is the best form of exercise, and that mine doesn't work nearly as well. :grumpy: I've tried explaining that I don't like running to her, and that there are exercises that are more fun and that work really well for me, but she's like "exercise isn't doing what you enjoy, it's doing what's good for you." ... she doesn't get that it can be both. She's being controlled by the Empire. 

Sorry for the whining. I just needed a place to vent. 

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

"exercise isn't doing what you enjoy, it's doing what's good for you." ... she doesn't get that it can be both. She's being controlled by the Empire. 

I had a friend like that in high school. We would go for late night jogs and she would always push me- literally get behind me and push me with her hands- when I slowed down. I told her I hate running and I was tired and she was like "keep moving it's good for you". So I feel your pain.

Level 2 Human Assassin

STR 4| DEX 0| STA 5CON 4| WIS 4| CHA 1

My battlelog

Challenge: 1, 2, 3, 4, Current

Oops, haven't updated in a while... 

Sunday, my knee was unhappy, and I honestly did not have the time to do anything.

Monday: Walked two miles (one mile to the train station, one mile back), and 20 minutes of yoga

Tuesday: Walked two miles; 12 consecutive inverted rows; and then various reps of inverted rows, squats, push ups, and lunges

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

I'm resurrecting my old battle log! Hopefully logging my workouts will keep me accountable for training.

Today's workout was... interval training! 2.75 miles of sprint intervals in 30 minutes. 

The run looked like this:

0:00-1:00 @ 3mph

1:00-5:00 @ 5mph

5:00-6:00 @ 6.5 mph

6:00-6:30 @ 8mph

6:30-7:30 @ 4.5mph

7:30-8:30 @ 6.5 mph

8:30-9:00 @ 8mph

[repeat above 3 steps until 26:30, concluding with a sprint]

26:30-30:00 @ 3mph

• Like 1

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

16 hours ago, NicTheRugger said:

I'm resurrecting my old battle log! Hopefully logging my workouts will keep me accountable for training.

Today's workout was... interval training! 2.75 miles of sprint intervals in 30 minutes. 

The run looked like this:

0:00-1:00 @ 3mph

1:00-5:00 @ 5mph

5:00-6:00 @ 6.5 mph

6:00-6:30 @ 8mph

6:30-7:30 @ 4.5mph

7:30-8:30 @ 6.5 mph

8:30-9:00 @ 8mph

[repeat above 3 steps until 26:30, concluding with a sprint]

26:30-30:00 @ 3mph

I'm exhausted just reading this! Maybe I should try it for conditioning work, after the snow melts and all. Great job! 

• Like 1

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log

59 minutes ago, JessFit said:

I'm exhausted just reading this! Maybe I should try it for conditioning work, after the snow melts and all. Great job! 

It's definitely a tough workout! And I didn't even finish it, that's how intense it is. I stopped one full cycle short of completing the "full" workout. If you want to give it a shot and not wait for the snow, there's always the dreadtreadmill!

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Today's workout was a modified version of the MARSOC short card. The MARSOC short card is a work out created by the Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command (MARSOC, AKA the baddest of bad-asses in the Marines) and it's definitely a challenge. The first time I did this was at a Marines recruiting training event and I couldn't even do the last two sets of push-ups! That's how hard-core it is. This workout is supposed to be done with as few breaks as possible, so that you're pushing through the fatigue. What's great is that you can do it almost anywhere (except for maybe the pull-ups at the end, as you'll need something to do pull-ups on), because it's all body weight training.

My modification: instead of doing sets of 30 regular push-ups, I modified to 20 knee push-ups. I also skipped the pull-ups this time, as I was waiting on some delivery guys to drop off a mattress and was short on time. To make up for it, I'll do some pull-ups tonight!

[warm up]

MODIFIED SHORT CARD:

20 knee push-ups (modified from 30 push-ups)

30 air (BW) squats

30 crunches

10 burpees

10 "Windmills"

20 knee push-ups

30 mountain climbers

30 flutter kicks

10 burpees

10 "cherry pickers"

20 knee push-ups

30 star jumps

30 "supermans" (back extensions)

10 burpees

10 chain breakers

20 knee push-ups

30 lunges

30 "Hello Dolly's"

10 burpees

10 trunk twists

[NORMALLY 3 MAX EFFORT SETS OF PULL-UPS WOULD GO HERE]

Stretch

Even with the stretching,  I am definitely feeling this workout today. I may need to take a good soak tonight or tomorrow to help de-stress my muscles ;) 

• Like 1

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Sunday work out:

I was supposed to do a long run (4+ miles), but honestly, I cannot stand running for more than 2-3 miles at a time on a dreadmill. And it was pouring outside so I couldn't go run on pavement/the trails. I ended up doing about 2.75 miles on the treadmill doing a combination of running/jogging/hill training. I definitely felt it by the end of the session, so I'm not considering it a complete wash.

Today's workout:

I was feeling a bit under the weather this morning, but I powered through and had a pretty decent workout!

Warm Up:

3 minutes biking

10 Y-W-Ts

10 PVC passthroughs

Work Out:

Pyramid chin-ups/pull-ups with band (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1)

10x10 bodyweight squats (done after each set of pull-up/chin-ups)

3x10 bent over rows @60/80/70

4x10 overhead tricept extensions @25 (total, so about 12.5 lbs per arm?)

3x8 "ammo can" press with dumbbell @35

STRETCH

Foodwise, my appetite's a bit wonky, which is the result of the antibiotics I'm on, the fact that I'm not feeling well, and hormones. Because of that, I had  a nutrient shake and one of those belvita breakfast cookie bars for breakfast, and a mid-morning snack, which I usually avoid (but it was an apple, and I haven't had any fruit in a few days so it's not like it was me stuffing my face with salt-and-vinegar chips or anything), and then had a really weird lunch of pita chips and hummus, beef and veggie soup, and an orange. Dinner will be nice and light. I hope the fatigue passes, and that it was just a bad night's sleep and the meds I'm on, so hopefully the rest of my week's work outs are better! I have a Marine "candidate pool function" this weekend, and we usually end up doing some kind of physical exercise during that. I'm also meeting with the OSO beforehand to quickly do my paperwork and do pull-ups and crunches so she can see how my progress is doing, so Friday may be a lighter workout so I can save my strength for Saturday. 

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Tuesday workouts:

Run/hill training in the morning. I did a 1 mile run and then about a mile and a quarter of hill training at a decent jog pace (4.2 mph) except for when it was too steep for me to keep jogging.

Bouldering at night! I went bouldering for the first time, and it was a lot of fun, but also really scary because I'm actually quite afraid of heights. Gotta do that exposure therapy though, right? (Even if I think falling to one's death is a completely rational fear) It was a great upper-body and core workout, because I really had to twist and move in some weird ways. I did fall weird once, and hurt my knee, but it's looking like it's just a deep bruise so it should be better in a couple of days. Thankfully, it's not a sprain or a strain or anything serious (I think). My knee is now a lovely mosaic of purple and red, but otherwise, I'm okay!

Wednesday:

I usually go to the gym to do an upper body workout on Wednesdays, but because I was so sore from bouldering on Tuesday night, I skipped the workout and did a short run in my combat boots to prepare for the Combat Fitness Test I'm taking with my candidate pool and recruiting officer on Saturday. Because my knee was hurting, I didn't do too much.

Thursday:

My knee is feeling a lot better today, which is good. I decided to sleep in for an extra half hour instead of going for a run. I also had to do some light shoveling and car cleaning, as it's snowing outside. I'll do another short run in my boots tonight, and do some abs as I've only done them once this week...

• Like 2

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Hello! I'm afraid I didn't do much last week, so I only have updates for the past 3 days:

Monday: 5x6 banded pull-ups, 2x7 push-ups, about an hour of shoveling snow (which totally counts as a workout). Couldn't get to the gym because of snow.

Tuesday: Hill training on the treadmill. 30 minutes, 2 miles. I was going around 4.3 mph most of the time, but there were times I needed to walk because wow, doing a run at a 10 incline isn't fun.

Wednesday: made it to the gym today! Had a shorter workout.

Warm-up:

- 1 minute jumping jacks

- 5 lunges per side

- 10 Y-W-Ts

- 10 PVC passthroughs

- 10 arm circles, both forward and back

Workout:

- 3x6 banded pull-ups

- 3x6 banded chin-ups (these two exercises are part of the Armstrong workout method)

- 3x10 bent over rows @60/80/70

- 3x15 leg lifts to barbell on bench

- 3x10 overhead tricep extensions @25

- 4x10 rope pull-down @35/42.5/50/42.5

Stretch

That's it for now!

• Like 1

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Thursday: my knee is still grumpy so I took it relatively easy today with my running/treadmill workout. I did the following:

2.5 mph for 5 minutes

4 mph for 1 minute

5 mph for 1 minute

3 mph for 1 minute

4 mph for 1 minute

5 mph for 1 minute

Repeat bolded steps until reaching 2 miles, walk for 2 minutes for a cool down and stretch. 

Hopefully my knee will be better for Saturday, because my training event from last week got pushed to this week. 

Level 4, Amazon Ranger