My Nerdy Diet Solution

Yesterday's ride sounds great. I wish I had some mountains near me. The day after a long, hilly ride is a day for an easy spin - noodlely legs are useless.

Chances are your dérailleur cable stretched a bit. If you tighten one of the adjuster knobs ~3 clicks, or a quarter turn, it'll probably shift correctly again.

Your awesomeness is awesome.

• Like 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Wow, it has been a long time since I wrote anything. I have been biking like a maniac and working out. Last Friday I rode 51 miles. I have been training a little differently. Two days a week I train hills really hard. Put it in the highest gear that I can manage and then push upwards until I can hardly breath. Then I wait for my heart rate to calm down and hit it again. This has really improved my speed and endurance on my lengthier rides. I am amazing myself :) On my longer rides on the straight-a-ways I do the same method. My average speed for just a normal paced ride has increased from 10 miles and hour to about 13 miles an hour, maybe more. 

The weight work outs have been great also until Saturday when I jammed my finger. I was playing kick ball,the most fun game ever :), I caught a high fly ball to first base. It didn't hurt when it happened but later that day it swelled up like a balloon. The swelling has gone down but I still can't safely grip the weights that I have been lifting or the pull up bar. The frustrating part is that it doesn't hurt, I just can't close my fist properly. So Monday and Today I did mostly body weight stuff.

Yesterday I rode 18 miles on a trail that has some pretty huge hills. I conquered two hills at a 10% grade in 4th gear and two 8% grade hills in 5th gear. The hills were probably about 1/4 mile long each. I have gone from dreading every hill to wanting to conquer every one I see. Tomorrow is a 30 mile ride all flat. I will be riding with people who's normal pace is 15 to 17 mph, so I plan to really hit the straights hard and try to keep up with them.  

I am leaving next week for a month 1 week in Syracuse, 10 days in the Keys and then about a week in Vegas. I have most of my training plans set while I am away but I am worried that I will slack off when I get to the hot weather. Bike rentals in the Keys are crazy high. $50 a day for a bike, a car rental is only $10. So my daughter is trying to scrounge up a friends bike or find a small place that may have better rates. Hopefully I won't have to go 2 weeks with out a bike. 

Not sure how good my wifi will be while I am traveling so I plan to take a lot of pictures and then update with them when I get home. However if I get the chance I will post while I am gone. 

I hope everyone is doing well, I am off to catch up on all the threads I have not been reading  :pirate:

ADVENTURER 

LEARNING TO PLAY AGAIN                                                                                        

Battle Log

Wow.  You are killing it out there.  I'm so glad to see how well you are doing and how much you are enjoying it.  

Have fun on vacation! 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Wow.  You are killing it out there.  I'm so glad to see how well you are doing and how much you are enjoying it.  

Have fun on vacation! 

Thank you, I know vacation time will be awesome! I get to spend time with my kids and my grandson!!! 

Wow, you're doing fabulous!

Thank you, you should vacation in Washington sometime the hills can be pretty big  :)

I did my 30 mile ride today in 2 hours and 10 minutes. Everyone in the group was very encouraging and helped me push myself. They also gave me some more training advice. I already knew how to train the flats but they helped me to keep count easier. It can be hard to watch the timer so they told me to count my cadence instead of watching the clock. This is also a little safer because I can keep my eyes on the trail. I want to do another ride tomorrow but the weather is suppose to be pretty stormy so I will wait and see. 

ADVENTURER 

LEARNING TO PLAY AGAIN                                                                                        

Battle Log

Yesterday's ride sounds great. I wish I had some mountains near me. The day after a long, hilly ride is a day for an easy spin - noodlely legs are useless.

Chances are your dérailleur cable stretched a bit. If you tighten one of the adjuster knobs ~3 clicks, or a quarter turn, it'll probably shift correctly again.

Your awesomeness is awesome.

I took my bike in to a professional. Apparently my chain was really old and had I waited any longer all of my gear wheels would have needed changed. Also the thing that guides my chain into place is a little bent. I want to take some classes so that I can fix this stuff myself and learn the proper names of parts. It cost me $130 for the tune-up and chain. Seems pricey to me but I had to have it done.  

ADVENTURER 

LEARNING TO PLAY AGAIN                                                                                        

Battle Log

workout:

Thursday

Walk 2.5

Warm up

5 burpees

Swings 35# one handed to breath not timed 100 swings

TGU 30#/half  35#/35# half fail on right/slow hold 30#/slow hold 30#/ Really struggled with the 35#- tomorrow spend some time non weighted for form practice

Sit up 15/15/20

Squat 10/10/10

plus more squats and situps for the mini. I tried to do them every hour, but sometimes it didn't happened. Managed about 50 more squats and sit ups (about 5 sets of 10)

did you mean to post this here :)

ADVENTURER 

LEARNING TO PLAY AGAIN                                                                                        

Battle Log

seems crazy but this stuff really works. I test with a forward bend. I also use a different vision exercise mostly sacades and pencil push ups. I will be trying this one now.

• Like 1

ADVENTURER 

LEARNING TO PLAY AGAIN                                                                                        

Battle Log

Very interesting!   I think I'll not tell anyone at home about this but start doing it and see what they say..   :pirate:

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Hello_gif.gif

How are things?