Hi, Triying one more time

Hi, Im here trying to get into shape for once in my life, I've never been constant with my exercise but I think it's time to fix this because I'm tired of not liking what I see in the mirror every morning, so what can I say I'll start by running a few miles every morning and quiting Soda, it's gonna take some time but I'll do it.

Welcome!

Good job on the run and the non-soda-drinking.

If you have a problem with snacking (trust me I do), my suggestion is to remove the negative influences or make them hard to get. I have a hard time staying away from cookies when they are in my face (which is why I always gain weight when I visit my parents). I found that it was as easy as just not buying them at the store. If I ever have a craving for cookies, I have to go out to the store and get one from the deli section - find places that sell individual cookies. The act of having to drive somewhere to get something as simple as a cookie is enough to thwart a normal craving. And if I have a bad craving, I just satisfy it with one, and go back to my normal life.

Ranger - Rheno - Rising Hero

Current Challenge

today I ran 2 miles and didnt drink any coke, but I couldn't avoid the cookies, well one step at a time

Glad to have you kidAlien!

I think the big thing to remember is to try and make changes that you can live with permanently. If you drink 40 cokes a week and eat out at burger time 7 times a week, then cutting both out completely will be a recipe for disaster. Instead, chop it down to 30 for the next two weeks, then 20 for the two weeks after that, etc.

Work on making small changes, and make them permanent.

This community is a kick-ass group of supportive people who are ready and willing to help ya out.

One day at a time...

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.

hi guys,I wanned to te you that Im doing fin with the coke and the the running, but I need some diet tips, I was thinking about Paleo Diet but I am worried about leaving the milk aside and I'ts to hard to leave the salt do you have som recomendatins for losing weight with running? or some diet tips to complement the excersize?

The Primal Blueprint version of the Paleo lifestyle allows for dairy. They do recommend organic, raw milk over conventional milk, and prefer yogurt and fermented cheese for dairy over milk in general. I would highly recommend checking it out at http://www.marksdailyapple.com. He has a lot of articles on the subject. I recommend starting at: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ as it has a lot of the basic information listed on the same page.

Basically, all you are going to be getting rid of is processed foods, grains, and sugars in your diet. You can eat a lot of meat and veggies and be very satisfied following his guidelines (preferably from organic, grass-fed sources, but as he states, don't let perfection be the enemy of the good. If you cannot afford organic and grass-fed meat, do the best you can. Avoiding processed foods will be a great help in your overall health and fitness).

I have been following it pretty strictly for just over a month, and I am feeling a lot better. My appetite is down, and I feel very satisfied by my food choices. It takes a bit of effort at the beginning, but I no longer have cravings for candy or baked goods.