Renae's Battle Log

I've been keeping up with the gym and last week I spent a lot of time working on the house, then we had a wedding to attend. While I was pretty good with the exercise I was really terrible with the food. This week I've been keeping both up. Today I even got up at 5:30, took a shower, then did some yoga before I got ready for the day! It's only one day, but I'm hoping it'll turn into a habit.

Rosiesan

Battle Log | MyFitnessPal | @kari_renae

So the past couple of months have been crazy where I haven't had a lot of time to sit at a computer. When I do I had been applying for jobs and teaching myself how to write an android app.

I'm starting the learning process by creating a workout tracker. I know there are a million, but it's a good place to start. I was doing really good making it to the gym and eating well, until two weeks ago. I applied to a job in South Dakota. They emailed me on Tuesday to say I didn't get the job. On Thursday my husband surprised me with a puppy!!

12347685_10100947955182469_4130622446463

His name is Duke and he's a 10 week old German Short Hair. He is not house trained so I have been having to go home during lunch (my work out time) to let him out. I have been taking him on walks and he keeps up plenty active.

The day after we got him I got a phone call from the company I previously mentioned saying the want to move a few things around and offer me a new position. Needless to say I have accepted and we are currently in the crazy process of packing up our house to get it ready for market and planning our move to South Dakota. These next couple of months are going to be wild and crazy!

I'm a little upset because the gym I go to doesn't have a location in South Dakota and I paid for the next two years with them and they wont return any of the money. Looks like BW and cardio and yoga for me for the next few months while we move. I'll be living with a friend and the family will be back home until we move or my husband finds a new job. Maybe I can get her to go to the gym with me or something :-)

Life heh? Who knew.

Rosiesan

ROSIE!!! COME BACK!!! I SEE YOU ON TWITTER!!! DUN MAKE ME TROLL YOU THERE!!! jk...just miss ya. 

DAWWWW. Sorry, life has been crazy trying to get the house ready to sell and planning our move across state lines. I also haven't had time to work out lately. I have additional news: I'm preggos. So morning sickness + cleaning + moving + new puppy + toddler + working full time = no energy or time for me to work out recently.

We move into an apartment in South Dakota next week and once we do that I have already set up a gym and a gym buddy to go with me. I feel weird logging in here with no real fitness updates. I do peek at what's going on with other people though.

Gah I realize I am just full of excuses and I need to get over them and look forward. 

On a side note: it does suck that my gym won't refund me my money for the next two years when there isn't a location available where I'm moving to. That's what I get for paying in advance I guess.

• Like 1

Rosiesan

Congrats Buddy! My wife is currently expecting as well and shes been grumbling about her scaled gym workouts, so I can kinda relate. Yea, but it sounds like you have a plan of going into your new situation with a solid plan. 

As for your gym, I'm shocked that your contract doesn't have an out clause built into it that would cover things like this. Ah well, jerks. Sounds like you got your hands full, but you can still check in just to let people know how you're doing. Don't need to be Mrs. Fitness all the time. Heh. 

Thanks!!!

Congrats Buddy! My wife is currently expecting as well and shes been grumbling about her scaled gym workouts, so I can kinda relate. Yea, but it sounds like you have a plan of going into your new situation with a solid plan. 

As for your gym, I'm shocked that your contract doesn't have an out clause built into it that would cover things like this. Ah well, jerks. Sounds like you got your hands full, but you can still check in just to let people know how you're doing. Don't need to be Mrs. Fitness all the time. Heh. 

I feel like I knew that, but in case I didn't already say it, Congrats to you both!!!

Rosiesan

Well we made it to Sioux Falls, got our apartment, and started our first days. Walking around the new office and I see pokemon figurines and star wars posters and I think to myself "These are my people."

Today we got hit by a major snowstorm so it only ended up being a half day so I finally have time to sit and relax.

One of the hardest things in a person's life has been to say yes and go through with a major life change. We have made the first big steps towards that. It has been scary, heart breaking, nervewrecking, frustrating, stressful, but most of all it has been exciting. I can't be more proud of my husband, my daughter, and myself for how we have handled the last couple of months. We still have quite the road ahead, but in the end I believe it will be for the best. Change is hard, but usually worth it. In my mind, the worst thing we could have done is sat and wondered "What if".

• Like 1

Rosiesan