Renae's Battle Log

It'll get easier again soon enough, continuity keeps the gains flowing. 

Yup! 

I was proud of myself, on Friday I wasn't able to make it to the gym, but I still did the BBWW at home.

Today I made it to the gym and was able to get two rounds completed. I felt less sick after this one. Feels good to get back in the motion of things.

• Like 1

Rosiesan

Battle Log | MyFitnessPal | @kari_renae

But...but...but...thats just not cool. What's holding you up?

I can give a million excuses, but mostly it's just distractions and not wanting to be responsible.

Made it to the gym again.

This week we did the Angry Birds Workout

Monday:

1 Set

30 squats

20 pushups

30 one arm rows 20lbs

1 min plank

Wednesday (Today)

2 sets

30 squats

20 pushups

30 one arm rows 20 lbs

1 min plank

Progress! I also haven't had any alcohol and been good about what I've been eating. This weekend will be difficult with a bachelorette party and traveling back and forth between MN and SD.

• Like 1

Rosiesan

I was reading the latest blog about personal style and the idea of a "superhero costume" and it made me think. I've heard about this a lot lately with people pointing to Mark Zuckerberg and Steve jobs always wearing the same thing everyday. 

I have to start by mentioning I have a problem with clothes. I can never have enough. As soon as one piece is missing I notice right away. Being in the moddle of our transition means a lot of my clothes are currently packed away and it is really bothering me. I keep thinking of clothes I want to wear the next day only to realize it isn't here with me and I start to worry.

Back to the original blog, I started noticing lately that I pretty much do have a go-to style when it comes to everyday work and going out: jeans with a black shirt. I know this isn't crazy and is a very basic outfit, but I have about 10 different black shirts and 2-3 pairs of jeans I rotate through. As I mentioned before I have a lot of clothes so sometimes I do rotate through my other shirts and pants and skirts and dresses, but 5/7 days a week you will find me in a black shirt and jeans. I always feel comfortable and confident in it. I can change out accesories without worry if it'll match. 

With this in mind I'm working on cleaning out my closet and trying to hold onto the idea that I don't need another shirt or outfit unless it can tie into my "costume". I'm planning to go to a bachelorette party this weekend and finding the shirt I wanted to wear is currently in storage so I need to make due with what I have. 

Thinking back it's pretty funny. I remember my parents poking fun at all my black shirts and how I need more color in my clothes. Now I realize I was just beginning to figure out my inner superhero.

I'm hoping this will help with my packing and shopping for our sturgis trip this summer. Jeans, black tanks, biker boots. Done. Onto the next thing. There are more important things to worry about.

Rosiesan

So Bats, what have ya done lately?

Ha, not a whole lot fitness related.

This past weekend we finally moved everything out of our house. We will hopefully close by the end of the month. That trip really wore us out.

Due to schedules this week we're going to try going to the gym Tues, Wed, Thurs.

Yesterday just jogged mostly.

Next week I'll be in NYC for training and I'm hoping to use the fitness center at the hotel all week.

I also joined a walkathon team at work where we have to walk at least 100 miles between April 11- May 30. I figured it's a good way to stay active and to meet and take walks with coworkers! Only problem is I need a fitbit. My last one went through the wash too many times.

Rosiesan

LOL well thats not so bad. If I had a fit bit, I'd probably lose it immediately (no hand to stop the fitbit from coming off the wrist and usually things like that go on your non-dominant hand). I dunno if you're an ios or android user, but the health app tracks steps and distance if you can use that in the mean time. Just a suggestion. 

How's the food thing been going? 

Wait! I read just jogging, as in extra cardio on top of chasing a taller...Ahh gains..I knew thee well. 

So not sure what's going on, but with the new layout and stuff it took me forever to find this.

Been trying out a dumbbell 3 day split. Man does it kick my butt! Also I'm involved with  a walkathon at my work. Softball starts in a couple of weeks too. Keeping busy busy!!

On the food front I have been doing pretty good lately at limiting my calories, tracking them, and eating better in general. I still need a lot of work, but I feel better in general about my choices.

I need to remember to take a progress picture.

• Like 1

Rosiesan

So lots of changes have kept me away again.

Found a house and am in the middle of moving. We have been spending a lot of time traveling back and forth between SD and MN moving our stuff. My office has let me work an extra hour every day to take a half day off on Friday. I've been doing this for the past couple of weeks. That plus, pregnancy, and exhaustion means I have not had a lot of time to make it to the gym or play softball. I feel bad about the softball because I was really excited to start playing again.

I'm hoping now that things slow down again I can start doing yoga in the mornings again and continue going to the gym 3+ times a week.

I'm about 12 weeks now. Getting pretty nervous due to the miscarriage back in January makes me worry about over pushing myself, but at the same time I don't want to stop. Pretty frustrating.

Rosiesan

So this site has made it very difficult to find this thread. Every time I go to post I can never find this. I might just have to start a new one.

I'm in the process of re-imagining my training I want to give up the gym, but do workouts from home. So far i'm doing pretty good on taking the dog for a walk during lunch and completing some squats and push ups. I need to look more into body weight workouts as I don't have any equipment at home. The only problem I see so far is that pretty soon I wont be able to do push ups but I don't have any dumbbells and we don't generally keep a gallon of, well anything in the house to use as weights.

Still missing the barbells and squat rack, but this gym doesn't even have those. I'm going to talk to another gym next week to see if they're not too expensive otherwise I'll have to stick to my original workout at home plan.

Rosiesan

Found my way back.

Currently on week 3 of 6 of maternity leave with my new beautiful daughter. During my pregnancy I lost track of myself which caused some personal issues that ragged me back to the gym. Unfortunately work caused me to skip the gym during my last month. I haven't started going back yet because I'm afraid of over exceeding my body until about 6 weeks post-natal, but I have been doing daily yoga stretches at home.

After being pregnant it feels good to feel more like my old self and moving around more. I'm excited to get back into a regular routine with work and gym and eating, but for now I'm enjoying relaxing and snuggling with the babe.

Food is always a difficult thing for me. I'm trying to eat better and focus on proteins and veggies with every meal. I also want to get back to intermittent fasting as I found it really worked well for me with lifting.

Rosiesan

Made it to the gym last night. I was completely exhausted but I forced myself to go and I'm so glad I did.

Restarted the 5x5 app completely deloaded

Squats: 45 5x5

Bench Press: 45 5x5

Row: 60 5x5

I've also been good at making a salad and eating that for lunch at work and not snacking that much. I also made ham and egg muffin bites which are delicious for breakfast and I don't feel like I'm starting my day with tons of sugar. :) Feeling good. 

• Like 1

Rosiesan

Made it again last night.

Weight 178lbs

Squats: 50lbs 5x5

Overhead Press: 45lbs 5x5 - these will always be a struggle but I'm hoping the fact that this gym has a 25lb bar I can deload better and hopefully actually make progress with this.

Deadlift: 90lbs 1x5 - another nice thing about my gym is they have bumper plates. Makes these lower weights easier.

Knowing that I've squat 200lbs at one point in time makes these weights very humbling and motivate me to keep at it to get back to where I was. I already feel like i'm ahead of the game this time as opposed to my last child. Going to take the weekend off and start back on Monday. I have ingredients for some apple brie spinach salad for lunches next week. I'm super excited!

On a personal notes, we brewed some cherry stout beer a few weeks ago and I mistakenly put in the cherry puree at bottling along with the activating sugar which means my beer is now a foamy mess and basically shot :( You live and learn I guess.

Back to fitness, I hope to take progress photos on Monday.

• Like 1

Rosiesan