Scarlet Legend's Journey from Hobbit to Master Assassin

I've wanted to do a triathlon for years! That sounds awesome.

If I remember gears right (it's been a while since I was on a bike), the higher the number, the harder it is to pedal. I was always told to use the higher gears when going down hills and when you have good momentum and don't need to stop soon because then it's easier for you to pedal like that and you go faster with fewer leg strokes. The lower the gear the faster your legs will move, which is good for when you're going up hills. 

You should definitely take the bike out to a safe spot with very few cars and just ride around playing with gears to get the hang of it.

• Like 1

Level 5 Human Assassin

Current Challenge: x

Previous Challenges: 4 3 2 1

"Iron Man's got a suit, and the Hulk's pretty strong. And Thor he's like a god, and me I'm just a guy... Just a regular guy in a not so regular world. What's a man to do when I know I'm just a regular guy in a not so regular world?...They're like 'Yo, ain't you that Hawkguy dude?' And I'm like, Nah, you got me confused."

- from "Hawkguy", Adam WarRock

I've wanted to do a triathlon for years! That sounds awesome.

If I remember gears right (it's been a while since I was on a bike), the higher the number, the harder it is to pedal. I was always told to use the higher gears when going down hills and when you have good momentum and don't need to stop soon because then it's easier for you to pedal like that and you go faster with fewer leg strokes. The lower the gear the faster your legs will move, which is good for when you're going up hills. 

You should definitely take the bike out to a safe spot with very few cars and just ride around playing with gears to get the hang of it.

Awesome, that makes sense.  I'll get the hang of it eventually.

Scarlet Legend  lvl: 1

Psalms 18:32-36

Race: Hobbit /// Class: Assassin

| STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA  1 | CON  6 | WIS 6 | CHA 1

Battle Log  ~~~  Challenge #1, #2, #3, #4

Main Quest:  Lose 30 Lbs.

10%
10%

Start: 172  Current: 169

Challenge #4

50%
50%

Update on Biking

I've able to glide around on my bike but still haven't tried pedaling yet.  (Thister is right, your bum complains a lot from just siting on the thing)  I've always had such bad balance my whole life, like I actually still rebound off of walls because I walk too fast in the house, that it's really awesome that I can just keep my balance on the thing. Anyway, I found some motivating biking inspiration for my self.

EFF.gif?8643

This will happen some day.

10%
10%

Challenge #4

50%
50%

Here is Challenge #3

I decided to join the Scouts this time around hoping they can help me train for my triathlon. We'll see how this goes.

• Like 1

10%
10%

Challenge #4

50%