gallery_27703_1124_95228.jpg

After digging around in my garage I found this old game about a genie assassin. Yeah, I think he is doing pull ups. Here is a run down of some of the goals of the game. If anyone have any cheats codes for the second goal please let me know.

Goals:

• 20 Consecutive Pull Ups
  • 1 Muscle Up
  • 10 One Arm Pushups
  • Clutch Flag
  • Back Lever
  • Getting out of the security/law enforcement industry

gallery_27703_1185_18912.png

• Like 1

LEVEL 7 Genie Assassin

"When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.." African Proverb

Twitter|Battle Logs|1,2,3,4,5,6

Here is my basic workout plan for this challenge.  For my work sets I've chosen to do 3 minute ladders. 

The Plan

Monday:                      Pushups

Leg Raises

Tuesday:          Run/Jog

Wednesday:        Pullups

Squats

Thursday:                  Run/Jog

Friday:           Handstand Pushups

Bridges (dynamic)

Saturday:                  off/back lever/ clutch flag

Sunday:           off/free

Full Squats 2x20
Overhead Close Squat Ladders (3 minutes) 15
Half PullUps 1x15
Full PullUps 1x10
Close PullUps Ladders (3 minutes) 12

• Like 1

LEVEL 7 Genie Assassin

"When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.." African Proverb

I was running 2 apps on my phone simultaneously while I was running/jogging and walking today.  Running is definitely not one of my favorite exercises. I improved my running pace consistently for three consecutive runs according to Zombies, Run.

Jogging/Zombies, Run

Total distance        1.02mi

Average pace per mile 10:50

Total time            0h 11m

Supplies Collected    3

Jogging/Walking w/Runkeeper

Miles      1.58

Duration   25:54

Avg min/mi 16:26

Calories   178

LEVEL 7 Genie Assassin

My workout from Friday
Crow stands 60sec hold
Wall headstands 126sec hold
Chinese push ups (3 min ladders) 19
I left out bridges so I'm doing them today.

Straight Bridges 20
Head Bridges 4,3,3

You posted in the old subforum. I've moved your challenge to the new one.

thanks

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

• Like 1

LEVEL 7 Genie Assassin

I was planning to film my first attempt at doing a back lever at the park Saturday only to have my video ruined by a bunch of kids hopping around. I was successful at my first attempt and coached one of the kids so they could get their first half pullup. If I can shoot a decent video expect to see one pretty soon.

One goal down five more to go.

• Like 1

LEVEL 7 Genie Assassin

Think I might go for my parallel dip goal next Monday

Simple, clear. I like it. 

Are you going for a strict muscle up or do you plan to use a kip? If you can do a backlever then you should be plenty capable of doing a mu, right?

I'm trying to get either one strict or kipping muscle ups.  I don't think so, the back lever is more of a static hold.  I really need to film myself so my form can be checked especially as I attempt to do a muscle up.

Leg lifts, Dips, Push Ups

20 Standard Push Ups
20 Close Push Ups
20 Uneven Push Ups
15 Lever Push Ups (3 Minute Ladders)

20 Hanging Knee Raises
20 Hanging Straight Leg Raises
15 Hanging Straight Leg Raises Feet to Bar (3 Minute Ladders)

10 Straight Bar Dips
36 Parallel Dips (3 Minute Ladders)

• Like 1

LEVEL 7 Genie Assassin

621_356_fight_club1.jpg

Changed up the routine a little. This routine is based off of Fight Club. Working primarily one body part a day gives you the ability to recover and build muscle and cardio on the end to help cut the fat. Here are some of the rules I added: Rep range 12-15, Only hard exercises (if you do not feel a burn during the 12-15 reps than your exercise variation is too easy), only simple compound exercises, only 2 work sets, 1 work set for supplemental exercises.
Monday-Push Ups
              Dips
Tuesday-Leg Raise
               Bridge
Wednesday- Squats
Thursday-Pull Ups
                Handstand Push Ups
Friday-45mins+ Cardio
Saturday-Cardio/off

Todays Work out

Hanging Knee Raises 20, 20(warm up)

Hanging Straight Leg Raises Feet to Bar 12,12

Straight Bridges 30,20,20

L-Hold 20

Straight Bridge Hold 20

Easy Twist Hold 20

Monday
Full Push Ups 2x50 (warm up)
Lever Push Ups 2x12
Parallel Dips 22

• Like 1

LEVEL 7 Genie Assassin

dumb question: half pull ups? is this from the dead hang to the bar being at eye level?

When doing half pull ups you only go half way down and all the way up like a regular pull up, your forearms and upper arms will roughly form a 90 degree angle in the lower position. This constant hold gives you a bit of a negative workout when you do half pull ups. This exercise serves at increasing your grip strength, it also develops your back, biceps and forearms.

There are so many variations of bodyweight exercises, especially when it comes to pull ups. What you mentioned could actually be added to the progression before half pull ups, however it will not hit the biceps and forearms as well as the half pull up.

LEVEL 7 Genie Assassin

As always, impressive stuff.

Thanks Loathed, I checked out Ido Portal's hanging challenge, and I am going to do it. I don't think I'll make it to 7 minutes, but I'm gonna hang :D 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Cardio/Running (zombies, run!)

Total Time 14m

Total Distance 1.33mi

Average pace per mile 11.42

Items Collected  0 (Zombies kept catching up with me)

I'm getting a little faster.  If I can just shave of five minutes or so I can get back to military running time.

Walking (runkeeper)

Total Distance .58m

Total Time 10:09

Average Pace per mile 17:28

Your version is much harder than mine was.
Also, Ido portal a doing a hang challenge starting today. Spend a total of 7 mn ute per day hanging from you hands for 30 consecutive days. I thought it might be something you would be interested in.

Thanks, I think I might give it a go.  I'm going to start with the passive hang using whatever I can find.

• Like 1

LEVEL 7 Genie Assassin

Yesterday I did 3 minutes of passive hanging on my door frame pull up bar.  I had to bend my legs so they would not touch the ground during the hanging.

I did not feel like running today at all.  Running is one of the fitness activities that I dislike the most.  Instead of running I did a 16 HIIT session with a 1:3 ratio with jump roping.

• Like 1

LEVEL 7 Genie Assassin

This new company I may come on with had me take a PT test. 25 push ups, 25 sit ups, 25 half squats, run up and down a flight of stairs in at least 45 seconds, 40 yard dash, and dragging a dummy that's about your body weight 20 feet.  I passed the test with flying colors.

Today I worked core.  I did bridges and hanging leg raises.  Didn't really hit the numbers I wanted to, so guess the PT test affected me a little.  I put about five minutes of bar hanging in while doing the leg raises.

Hanging Leg Raise 2x20

Hanging Leg Raise (feet to bar) 2x5

Short Bridges 20

straight bridges 15

Head Bridges 5

Monday's work out

Full Push ups 2x50

Uneven Pushups 1x20, 1x12

Parallel Dips 1x26, 1x22

what's a 16 HIIT session?

I'm not a fan of running either. I find it more tolerable if I allow it to be the one workout where I try not to judge myself, I just go out and do it and know that the doing is the important part.

A 16 minute high intensity interval session. 

• Like 1

LEVEL 7 Genie Assassin

I figured out what was going on with my hanging leg raises. My warm up was different, I used a harder exercise for warming up on Tuesday.  I let Cocoa out when I was doing tuck jumps, he did not participate.

Just finished up

Tuck Jumps 20

Full Squats 20

Close squats 20

Pistol Squats w/spb 2x12

Monility3

Now my wife and I are off to the crafting stores.

• Like 1

LEVEL 7 Genie Assassin

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines