Time to get the edge back

I'm back! Erf, I'm not proud of myself. I need this community to help stay motivated. And shame me for being lazy if need be.

So, this is my second attempt. Thankfully, I have not lost all the progress I have made. I'll post my updated stats tomorrow morning and restart from there.

The program: walking. I've calculated the walk I do: it's 5.6 km or 3.47 miles. I'm doing that twice daily at the moment, for a total of 6.9 miles. I also get off the bus two stops early in the morning and evening, so I add a mile from that for 7.9.

8 rounded up.

I will do this rain or shine: I have some clothes specifically for rainy days. I'll just get changed once I get home.

Also, I will do some basic yoga on weekends. I will pick a handfull of poses I can do and want to improve. 

I got a free t-shirt from Popeye's supplement store for being a regular, and of course it's too small (I can put it on but it's tight!). The objective is to fit into it within three months. 

Alright, here's to being back!

• Like 5

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Hey! Long time no see, how's it going? (Other then getting back into the groove?) Nice to see you back! I look forward to all the great things coming from you, best of luck! :-)

• Like 1

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

Ok, here's the breakdown:

Measurements:

Neck: 13 inches

Shoulders: 43.5 inches

Chest: 43 inches

Bicep: 12.5 inches

Waist: 37 inches

Hips: 46.5 inches

Thigh: 27 inches

Weight: 184.4 pounds

Program:

5.6 km walk X2

900 meter walkX2

2.1 km walk X1

Total: 15.1 km daily

I just finished my morning walk: 5.6 km. I did it in 50 minutes. The fun part of that walk is that about 2 km are uphill. Not too steep, but steady incline. I'm pretty proud of myself: I was able to power walk up there without needing to stop or being too out of breath. Not too long ago, that hill would have beat me.

That's it for now. Daily calorie intake is calculated at around 1300, which is a 1000 deficit. I'll see how this week goes and adjust accordingly.

• Like 1

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Oh, I forgot to mention the story behind the Popeye t-shirt.

I showed it to my student (I wasn't wearing it) and he said: it's too small. I said 'Yeah, but it will fit eventually'. he said 'I don't think so' To say I was stung is an understatement. I'll show him!

challenge_accepted.png?w=356&h=278

• Like 3

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Phew! So, that's 10.6 km done today. 0.9 to go.

I recalculated my distances: my lunch time walk is actually 2.4 km, for a total of 11.5 every day. 

I've been thinking about learning how to draw. That would make an interesting adventure.

Edit: I'm completely beaten. Maybe 15 km is a bit much at the moment. Still, I walked an extra 1.7 km (detour going to the bus stop), so after my last 0.9 I'll have 11.5 under my belt for today. I'll do some stretching tonight and call it quits.

• Like 2

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Edit: I'm completely beaten. Maybe 15 km is a bit much at the moment. Still, I walked an extra 1.7 km (detour going to the bus stop), so after my last 0.9 I'll have 11.5 under my belt for today. I'll do some stretching tonight and call it quits.

Then readjust. Do not burn out on the first days ;)

Ok, morning walk complete and took a detour to the bus stop (a big loop, really) for a total of 9 km so far.

Here are my routes:

Morning walk: 5.6 km

Bus detour: 2.2 or 3.4 km

Morning break: 900 m.

Lunch break: 2.4 km

Afternoon break: 900 m.

... Uh, I miscalculated yesterday, it was 12 km total. (I suck at maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaath!) Anyway, the projected total for today is 13.2 km.

And I'm not counting  getting off 2 bus stops early when I go to work in the morning. So it's a bit more. Yay!

At this rate, it will take me about 239 days to walk to Mordor and 8-9 years to walk to the moon. I'm gonna need some new shoes...

• Like 1

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

At this rate, it will take me about 239 days to walk to Mordor and 8-9 years to walk to the moon. I'm gonna need some new shoes...

I made the calculation too when I started and it is pretty scaring when you think about it. I sometimes open googlemaps to see where I would be if I had walked those miles consecutively, it's fun. And I finally bought new shoes, you bet...

And you are walking a lot a day!! O_o

• Like 1

I made the calculation too when I started and it is pretty scaring when you think about it. I sometimes open googlemaps to see where I would be if I had walked those miles consecutively, it's fun. And I finally bought new shoes, you bet...

And you are walking a lot a day!! O_o

It's kilometres, not miles. 12-13 km is not that big a deal, at least broken down like this. I do have a 14-15 km route planned, but that's for later. All my circuits follow the bus routes so the fun thing is if I get tired, I can just take the bus back.

Ooh, what color are your new shoes?

• Like 1

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

It's kilometres, not miles. 12-13 km is not that big a deal, at least broken down like this. I do have a 14-15 km route planned, but that's for later. All my circuits follow the bus routes so the fun thing is if I get tired, I can just take the bus back.

Ooh, what color are your new shoes?

Yes, I knew you were talking km, but it's a lot anyway.

Black with blue details, minimalist shoes. I'm really happy with them :D

• Like 1

Alright! The 13.2 km are done!

I'll add my totals on Sunday and see how far I've travelled. I'm wondering which journey I should undertake:

1. Going to Mordor?

2. The Klondike trail?

3. The Journey to the center of the Earth? (not gonna lie, I like this one...)

4. The Odyssey?

5. The Exodus?

Decisions, decisions...

• Like 1

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Alright! The 13.2 km are done!

I'll add my totals on Sunday and see how far I've travelled. I'm wondering which journey I should undertake:

1. Going to Mordor?

2. The Klondike trail?

3. The Journey to the center of the Earth? (not gonna lie, I like this one...)

4. The Odyssey?

5. The Exodus?

Decisions, decisions...

For me, the second one after Mordor would be the center of the Earth. Sure you can get a rather good package tour ;)

• Like 1

Just got some great news! My brother is going to be a daddy for the first time!

My sister's got 4 kids, my oldest brother has 2, and now my older brother gets one! I'm officially the only one with no kids of my own. Not sorry about it either.

Well, the first memory of me that this new rugrat will be lean ! And mean! Wait no, scratch the last part.

That's gonna be 7 nieces and nephews all together... Whew!

• Like 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Distance walked so far:

July 21-27 : 48.5 km.

Not bad. I'll try to increase a little every week.

Personal challenge: Try to walk at least 10 km a day. If I'm under, I have to do a minute of planks for every km I'm short of my goal. That's motivation! (no, it's not retroactive. That's not how it works!)

• Like 3

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

If I'm under, I have to do a minute of planks for every km I'm short of my goal. That's motivation! (no, it's not retroactive. That's not how it works!)

MR-BURNS-EXCELLENT-1.jpg

• Like 1

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

Sad that I am just now finding out about this new thread (you need to update your signature, how am I supposed to stalk you properly?!?!?)

Seriously though, welcome back, I have missed you!!

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda