Strawberry Squatcake - Mind, Body and Spirit

As long as Herbert can come.

HERBERT!  I miss him. And you guys. And vacation.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

I loved Sister Hazel.  I wonder what happened to those guys?

Good job bringing up the issue - it's always scary.  And delegating!

Have fun tomorrow!

The concert I went to I think was in 2007 or 2008 or 2009. I know, way to nail the year. :) A few years after that, I saw that they did one of those cruise things where they played several times on the cruise. They were so much fun at the zoo, I almost considered it, but ultimately would have traveled alone and being on a ship alone freaked me out for some reason. 

HERBERT!  I miss him. And you guys. And vacation.

I want ot ride a horse off into the sunset........... Or go on vacation. Or just take a long nap. 

Yesterday:

OK, first, sleep. was. horrible. I think it was the final revenge of my mattress, WHICH IS GETTING REPLACED ON SATURDAY!!!!! So that'll be a check on the life goal. HOPEFULLY that helps with sleep. I didn't feel uncomfortable last night, but i could not fall asleep. I'm not 100% sure a new mattress is going to help with those nights, but part of me thinks if I could just get in a routine wiht falling asleep some of my weird issues would resolve themselves, just out of habit. I hardly ever go out anymore, so most week nights I'm in bed between 9-10:30. Most weekends between 10-11:30. I should be able to get some good momentum going. Should being the key word. It's easy to blame the mattress since I'm planning to replace it, right? :)

I went to my first of two yoga classes last night. The instructor kind of got into holding poses really long. The arms always get to me. Holding poses with my arms parallel to the floor or higher makes my shoulders ache like crazy. I know that means my shoulders are weak, but so frustrating! 

This is the class with the short meditation after. I was surprised how few people stayed. There were probably 20+ people in the yoga class. Only six of us stayed. I hope he keeps doing it. He has 15 minutes between classes, so he has the time to do it, but he could also be sitting around relaxing himself. 

I really liked the meditation, it was guided, which was nice. It's called a "loving kindness meditation." There are several steps you take to get into it:

1. Yourself - you first work on offering love and kindness to yourself
  2. Someone who loves you unconditionally - this step was actually easier than any of the others, but I be that's normal
  3. Someone you're indifferent to - someone you neither love or dislike, someone you don't really know, or who you barely know, etc. (for this step he used "all the people in this room")
  4. Someone you dislike - ugh
  5. Everyone in the world

And what you do is each step (which he guides when to start, but you spend about a minute on each) you can wish them (this is the list he gave, you can choose others):

1. Happiness
  2. Peace
  3. Health
  4. Freedom from pai 

So you first start with yourself. And say something to the effect of, "I deserve happiness/peace/health/freedom from pain" (you choose which thing - whichever feels right for you). You just repeat to yourself during that time that you deserve peace (that's the one I chose for myself). Or you hope you find peace. Or you wish peace for yourself. (I can't remember specifically.)

Then you move on to someone who loves you unconditionally. You think of them, then do a similar thing, hoping they have happiness/health/peace, etc. I chose my parents (they're kind of a package deal, so I broke the "single person" rule. Haha. And I wished them happiness. (It was weird I went back and forth between health and happiness, as if it really matters which I choose!)

Then for the people in the room, I wished them peace.

And then I had to choose a person I dislike. I actually struggled with this. First thought was a former co-worker. But I dismissed him since I don't deal with him, ever. Then I thought of two current co-workers. Then I thought of two exes. (One of which I really do hope he's happy, but am sometimes sad about the end of our relationship. The other I'm flat annoyed with and wish I'd never see him again. HAAHAHA!) But finally, for some reason, settled on a guy I don't even know who's in the news. He and his husband were fostering a little girl, and one day they left her in the car (mid 90s temps outside) while they watched TV, ate pizza and got high. I don't think they were intending to kill her, but I DO think they were negligent and irresponsible, and I have been very angry at someone i don't know for being so selfish. So I chose him. And the weird thing was at first it was hard, but I just kept saying I wish him peace, I wish him peace, over and over and over until finally I stopped being angry and started to have some sympathy for him. He will probably lose all of the children he was fostering, it's possible he'll lose the two children he adopted, he was going to school to be a teacher, it's likely that won't happen, it sounds like his husband turned on him, selling them out probably to protect himself (I feel like the spouse should be charged, too, but so far hasn't, and they got all of the timeline information from him) - not that it's not the right thing, but still such a betrayal. And most of all, he has to live with himself, which will probably be the hardest part. I still think he should be held responsible for his actions, and don't think he should be allowed to foster again, but I do hope that eventually he can come out of this and be a spokes person for the mistakes he made, why he made them, and how to get help before it gets that bad. He got high in the morning, ran out of marijuana and took his children to the dealer to get more, then came back and was so consumed with getting high again, he forgot her in the car. Anyone who's that dependent or consumed with anything - drugs, alcohol, video games, gambling, sex, food, sleep, prescriptions, social media, etc. needs to get help. I believe a person can be addicted to anything, even if it isn't a physical addiction. I believe you can do whatever you want as long as you aren't hurting anyone else. But his case, what he needed (or prioritized or whatever the situation was) trumped the needs of a child who couldn't defend herself. One of my sisters was especially sickened taht when the ambulance got there, the baby was just laying on the couch. As a mother, she couldn't fathom her child dying (or being dead) and not holding her. Meanwhile, the father was standing in the front lawn, making phone calls. Now the whole thing makes me more sad than angry, but I think that's progress. 

Anyway I'll stop talking about that!

After that, you offered to the whole world, and I chose "free from pain." I feel like a lot of hate in the world comes from emotional pain. And a lot of people suffer from illness and malnutrition which is physical pain. And everything seems to root from a pain of some sort, so I wished everyone in the world be free of pain. 

It was actually kind of a cool experience. It lasted only five minutes, but I walked away refreshed and felt like I was more at peace (the thing I wished for myself). Later that night, I read a little more on it, then did this similar guided meditation on youtube. It's a bit longer (13 minutes), and she talked a lot more than the guy in the class did. I think I preferred his less-talking approach. He'd give us the next step, repeat the options for what we'd wish, then let us go for a minute. Then he'd say, "I'm going to interrupt you now." And give us the next steps. I liked that better. But the weird thing this time aroudn was this youtube talks about love, and how you deserve love. When I had to say that to myself, I had the weirdest anxiety reaction. Do I think i don't deserve love?!?! WHAT?! So that alone was worth it. 

Alright, I've rambled enough! Thanks for listening! 

Today's goals: Survive despite lack of sleep. Enjoy the concert. Sleep. :)

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

Wait, here you are!  Lots of catching up to do, but first:

Yoga-Pose-2.jpg

Wow. She laughs at the pain cave.

Right? If I could do THAT there would be no internet searching for how to stretch. But thanks for showing off!

Also, I'm not offended if you don't catch up. I'm not doing much lifting, and what I'm doing is so pathetic I don't usually even post about it. I'm doing a lot of mind-related stuff right now. Working on my confidence, patience, and working toward some personal career goals (delegating and honest communication). 

Also, I'm getting a new bed. A Tempurpedic. An adjustable one. It's like luxury meets the nursing home! ;) I can't wait! 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

I'm so jealous.  One of my uncles has one in their guest bedroom that we stayed in for a few days - fell in love with it.  Then I saw the pricing and was all "ha, nope!"

I'm getting REALLY lucky. A friend of mine is letting me use his employee discount, so I'm getting the whole shebang for $3500. Still a hefty price tag, but for the mattress I'm getting, including tax, it's almost $2000 off. I felt like I'd regret it if I didn't do it now since he's planning on moving on to a new career (he's in school) in a year or so. 

My only worry is that it'll be hot. I've heard they can be hot. The guy I talked to said they've done some work with them over the past few years and those complaints have gone way down, and many people see no difference between an average mattress and the Tempurpedics as far as temp goes. And he actually said he didn't recommend the "Breeze" (or whatever the coolers ones) are over the most comfortable one to you. 

So... Went with a non-Breeze, the second softest model. Hopefully it's a good choice! 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

Wait, here you are!  Lots of catching up to do, but first:

Yoga-Pose-2.jpg

Wow. She laughs at the pain cave.

135015096120.gif

This bitch.

This makes me mad as I could once do this. Now, however, I am whimpering in the darkest depths of the pain cave before I'm even close to this.  /jealeh

New mattress!! YAS! So exciting! And it does sound like you're making a good choice.  I keep hearing ads for sleep number sleep IQ and I want it.  IIRC, they have a sleep number mattress that changes temperature on each side, too.  Kinda want that. So pricey.  The dream. It's the dream.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

135015096120.gif

This bitch.

This makes me mad as I could once do this. Now, however, I am whimpering in the darkest depths of the pain cave before I'm even close to this.  /jealeh

New mattress!! YAS! So exciting! And it does sound like you're making a good choice.  I keep hearing ads for sleep number sleep IQ and I want it.  IIRC, they have a sleep number mattress that changes temperature on each side, too.  Kinda want that. So pricey.  The dream. It's the dream.

I know! I have never been bendy like Phoebe.

Phoebe.gif

But I used to be a lot better off than I am now. I assume it's age + desk job + for me, strength imbalances. Sigh. So much work to do, not enough free time. Where's that lottery ticket I need to buy?!

I am so freaking excited about this mattress! Another friend of mine just told me she wants a sleep number bed. My aunt has one and hates it, but she bought it probably 4-5 years ago. Plus, I know all sleep surfaces are very personal. So if you ever get one, let me know what you think! 

-----------

Yesterday, on my less than three hours of sleep, work actually went pretty well until I hit a horrible wall at 3:30. So much tired. So awful. I slumped until about 4:00 then worked as well as I could until 5:00. Met a friend for dinner, then went to the BNL show. The show was so good! They're hilarious. I assume they got in town the night before or even that morning or afternoon, and they had some hilarious first impressions of Wichita. I am not a person who gets offended by the truth about where I live. There are plenty of things to make fun of, and their perspectives on it were pretty spot on. Making fun of how drivers think bicyclists should ride on the sidewalk (I am one of those people, because as someone who rides a bike, I PREFER to be on the sidewalk). And how there are no pedestrians. (See! Sidewalk is free for cycling!) And how there are dirt roads in the middle of downtown (it's true). 

Anyway, they were hilarious. And the show was great. They finished the show with One Week and If I Had $1,000,000 back-to-back, which really got the crowd going. But before the encore they did a great montage of recent songs, including that Katy Perry Eye of the Tiger song, which was so funny. And they did that Cannonball song. All songs I've heard only in passing, but hearing them sing them was awesome. 

Then during the encore they did Blister in the Sun, which was probably the best thing that's happened to me in a long time! I love Blister in the Sun. Such a high school relic for me, played by one of my favorite college bands. So much nostalgia. The whole encore was fantastic. 

Anyway, it was a good time! A nice change of pace. I didn't drink at the concert since the friend I went with is pregnant. So I didn't get as "into it" as I would have with about five beers, but we sat near some really cool, laid back, fun people. 

Tonight: Sports chiro, then drinks with a friend, then we're going to see the movie Chef. So it'll be another late night. But I'll catch up this weekend! You know, with my new bed coming Saturday, and making sleep my new part time job, I may as well get in the last of my sleepless nights in now! :) 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

I realize I never really post in your threads, but I do really enjoy reading your updates and thought I would let you know that. :)

Chef looks adorable. I hope it's good! Enjoy your evening! 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

BNL :wub: :wub: :wub:

I'm pretty much hate going to concerts, but BNL was amazing.

I've heard a couple people say it was the best concert they've been to here in town. It's for sure in my top three. The entertainment was #1. But I prefer two other outdoor concerts (bring your own chairs, more personal space, more leg room, easier to get around, cheaper beer, and the band felt more accessible, more real and less "on stage"). Plus, those concerts always had room to dance right up next to the stage kind of like a pit, so no one sitting was annoyed people were falling on them dancing. I didn't have that problem, but I think overall, people enjoyed those layouts better. Hard to do in a stadium like place.

Anyway, yes, BNL, FTW! I'd go again tonight if I could! 

I realize I never really post in your threads, but I do really enjoy reading your updates and thought I would let you know that. :)

Chef looks adorable. I hope it's good! Enjoy your evening! 

That's OK! I know I write a lot. I don't have anyone IRL that is doing anything similar to me, so there's really no one I can "talk through" the issues or my process. So I put all of it here, and it's kind of like a big word vomit everyday. :)

I really liked Chef! I think it would be a fun rental, if you ever want an easy watch. I'd actually like to watch it again already! But I'm easy to please with movies. 

New beds are the best thing ever.  We thought about a Tempurpedic and a sleep number, but couldn't afford either.  We still love our new mattress though!

Glad you had a good time at BNL!

I am so amped for my new bed. And I've even slept like the dead the last two nights (b/c I'm running on a huge sleep deficit). So I fully anticipate a nice long nap this weekend! 

I got lucky on my bed. Got it for probably 40% off or something. So it was a great deal. OUt of the budget I wanted to spend, but the opportunity for the employee discount was hugely limited, so I took it. I'll adjust elsewhere to make up for it (spent my "Germany trip refund" money on it - that money was sitting waiting to be used). 

---------------------

Yesterday was less awful tired-wise than Thursday. So that was good, although I still was tired. I'm sitting around 11 hours sleep the last three nights combined. So I need to catch up!

Last night I went to the chiro and I'm primarily there for the shoulder, which I would consider to be 85% fixed. Still some moments of tightness and pain, but for the most part, it doesn't hurt at all, it doesn't limit me, etc. I still have some limited range of motion, but I work on that almost every yoga class (3-6X a week). But the pain is gone, and that's really helped work productivity and overall attitude. Since there wasn't much to work on, I asked if we had time could we work on "the hip flexor area." I said, "I'm not totally sure what the issue is, but I suspect it's a lot of issues combined so maybe we can choose one." Turns out my pain was my psoas, which I'd suspected on and off. And it was a weird cross between being ticklish, being painful, and being in what felt like some intimate areas. But SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it! They're tight again today, but I coudl tell it was working the exact areas I needed worked. He said it's a hard muscle to stretch on your own, but gave me a few stretches (that I've already kind of been doing) so I'm going to stretch a few times a day until my next appointment in a month, and maybe consider going more often to get that loosened up since it's my biggest pain point right now. Not like horrible pain, just aching and tightness, and I find myself going out of other yoga poses to stretch. 

Then went for dinner, drinks and a movie with a friend. The movie theater had this Willy Wonka candy dispenser that talked to you. I was a total 10year old staring at that machine. We got some candy out of it just to see if it would work. I rarely eat candy anywhere, and never buy it at the movie theater, so it was a weird off night, but totally worth it. :) Chef was a cute, fun movie - I liked how the characters weren't one note. And the boy in the movie reminded me of William Miller from Almost Famous. I wanted him to say, "Ask me again!" Hahah!

That's it. New bed TOMORROW! One more sleep on this mattress of doom. If you don't hear from me, I'm sleeping. 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

Note: Those who know me IRL, the job stuff is still on the DL. Not that anyone would mention it publicly. And I'm not friends with co-workers, but I am friends with past co-workers. And by one or two degrees of separation. So, yeah.

Other side note: I have been babysitting a sourdough starter for the past two weeks. This weekend I made my first sourdough. I had one recipe with a generic "fat" ingredient. I made one set with lard, one with ghee. The ghee turned out far better. But after waiting overnight, I feel like the lard ones may have been over-raised and that was their issue. Both are good. The ghee ones have better texture and browned better. I might try to make the second set tonight since I'm worried all of the dough is getting TOO proofed and I don't want to lose it (there's a lot of expensive organic flour wrapped up in that noise!). But, I had toasted sourdough toast with peanut butter and cold bacon for breakfast. Life's good! 

I also made "spaghetti" last night with gluten free pasta I've had in my cabinet forever and felt guilty eating. Why? It meets my daily goal of no more than 50g of carbs per meal, by a decent shot. So I made it. I haven't had spaghetti (it's with spiral noodles) in forever. Yum! And I didn't feel like crap after eating it. Simple marinara sauce with ground beef. And some freshly grated parmesan on top. Also made a quick organic salad and some homemade dressing. I feel like I have a lot of food-related "life's good" lately. :)

I love homemade sourdough bread! I'm glad I tracked down a thread of what you are currently up to!

Also according to the Deadlift leaderboard we are the same bodyweight and same 1RM. I thought that was neat...

Hope your new mattress is like sleeping on marshmallowy pillows

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretzky." - Michael Scott.

I love homemade sourdough bread! I'm glad I tracked down a thread of what you are currently up to!

Also according to the Deadlift leaderboard we are the same bodyweight and same 1RM. I thought that was neat...

Hope your new mattress is like sleeping on marshmallowy pillows

That is fun when you find someone that's a bit easier to compare to! Not that bodies are fair to compare, ever, but I have a friend who is almost the exact same height, we gained weight at almost the same time, and our "high weight' was almost exactly the same. It was kind of neat how our stories lined up. And we still find things that are new or different with each of us ties back to the other. One random thing is neither of us had any type of negative feelings or complex about our weight the first time we gained. It just sort of happened while life was happening,we bought bigger clothes and moved on. Then we lost weight, got a lot of compliments, then started tying our worth t our weight. So when we'd gain, it was horrible on our self-esteem, and then we started to think the people who complimented us were probably judging us, or we were somehow less worthy of love because we'd gained. So that was something we were able to really understand each other on. (I feel like people who were naturally thin through the tougher parts of life - pretty much through high school - tend to have a different experience with their weight if they gain it later in life.) Anyway, long story that doesn't apply to us at all beyond, "That's neat they're the same!" I  haven't deadlifted full on in a long time. I bet my max is lower now. But I have been working on higher rep post chain stuff, so hopefully I've retained SOME strength! 

Thanks for the mattress well-wishes! 

I'll get over to your challenge and check on you! 

We're saving up for a tempurpedic. It'll be awhile, haha.

It's funny because I was saving for a mattress in one account with no particular mattress in mind other than "not the one I'm sleeping on." I'd been saving for quite awhile for a TV in separate account, but that fund was already fulfilled and kind of sitting in my indecisiveness. And then I got the refund on my Germany trip.

So I thought, "Huh, sleeping's been hard. I have no travel plans to spend the the Germany money right now. And the TV is secondary to good sleep. Sooooo..." I did end up taking a bit (I think it was under $200) out of general spending money for the month (which means less eating out, no random Amazon purchases, haha) to put toward the last bit of it. Sometimes things work out. 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

It's been almost a week since I checked in! Conquered one life goal - buying a new mattress. My sisters and I are all pretty frugal, so we always joke when we finally do make big purchases, something else expensive happens. (One of my sister says a big purchase means three other expensive disasters, and sadly, it holds true for her. Poor thing.)

Anyway, Saturday afternoon, just before the mattress guys delivered the mattress, I was sitting down, feet on the floor, reading my iPad. I saw something move out of the corner of my eye and it was a wolf spider. These things are not dangerous. But they're huge. And no matter how much I tell myself they won't hurt me, I still always go into panic mode (I've only killed about three of these guys in my life). Earlier that morning I'd also killed a spider in my bathroom. So, obviously, it was time to spray for bugs (something I'd been procrastinating for weeks). So I mixed up my bug spray and got the upstairs sprayed just as the mattress guys arrived.

Once they left, I sprayed the outside, then did the basement, where I went into my back room where the water heater is (the storage area is kind of divided, and I rarely go back where the water heater is). I know I'm doing a poor job of building suspense, but obviously, the water heater was leaking, and I had to replace it. On one hand, I should be thankful to the wolf spider (RIP, big guy!). Without him, I wouldn't have been back there and it could have been a much bigger disaster (it was only barely leaking). On the other hand, I blame the mattress! :)

The mattress, which, by the way, is comfortable, but I'm not sleeping very well on. I wake up a few times a night and need to roll over. Ugh. I hope my body adjusts. Or the mattress does. Or whatever. I know, it hasn't even been a week. Be patient!

In other news, lots of yoga! I did two yoga classes last night. I also ate two dinners. So I guess we can see why I haven't lost any weight. :) The days are getting shorter, so I'm getting antsy to start jogging again so I can hopefully be in running form by winter. No big distances for me, I just want to do a 1 1/2-2 mile run a few times a week. I miss those runs. Such an easy workout, and I think my whole body stays a lot looser when I get those runs in. And, of course, lifting. I just haven't had the buzz to do it. Partly because I've spent most of my free time yoga-ing. Partly because I am annoyed my form isn't great and I'm so tight. Partly because, well, it seems like as soon as I lift, I start getting hurt again. Usually in the back or shoulder area. But I am maximizing my ability to lose gains, and I'm afraid Dom is going to disown me. So I've decided I need a bit more yoga-cardio-lift balance. What would I ultimately like to do? Lift 2X a week. Jog 2X a week. Yoga 2-3X a week. Jogging could easily fall on a lifting or yoga night. Rest 2X a week. 

I'm also a little scared if I go "all in" on a workout, I'll go into that tired cycle again and work's been a nightmare. I can't imagine doing it with brain fog and tired-induced impatience/irritability. But, I have to bite the bullet. Three reasons working out hard may not make me tired:

• During the worst of the tireds, I was also getting light headed during yoga. That NEVER happens anymore. And the harder I go in yoga, the better I feel after.
  • If I don't workout at all for two days, I sleep worse. So getting some activity in on most days will likely make me sleep better (if only the mattress will cooperate). 
  • I don't want to lose my gainz. Well, I'm already losing them. But the longer I wait to get back, the more i'll lose, and the harder the restart will be.

And also, one of these times, in theory, you'd think I'd start losing weight. If I can workout and feel good after, I might finally hit a good swing and drop some pounds. 

I've also been stress eating because of increased work stress. So harder workouts might be another way to combat that stress. I haven't gained any weight. I'm still teetering in the same 4lb range. I definitely can't afford to gain anything else. So it's time to make a change! 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

I hate wolf spiders too, they are so intimidating! We used to get them seasonally in our old home. Then one day I realized (like you already know) if this guy is coming in, he's probably chasing food - nasty insects in my house I hate more. So I summed the courage to start trapping them in jars and releasing them in the backyard.

It is definitely crazy how much exercise can affect our mood.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretzky." - Michael Scott.

I hate wolf spiders too, they are so intimidating! We used to get them seasonally in our old home. Then one day I realized (like you already know) if this guy is coming in, he's probably chasing food - nasty insects in my house I hate more. So I summed the courage to start trapping them in jars and releasing them in the backyard.

It is definitely crazy how much exercise can affect our mood.

My logical mind knows they aren't dangerous. But my emotional mind wins every time. Maybe one day I'll be more zen with bugs. That's for another challenge, though! :) 

----------------------------------------------------

Alright it's been almost a week since I posted. I only did yoga three times last week. My sister asked me to babysit at the last minute Friday, so my plans to lift got pushed back, then didn't get done at all. I spent Saturday running around getting ready for a party. And then slept terribly Saturday night, so I spent most of Sunday napping and lounging. I really wanted to get to yoga but was SO TIRED. Ugh. I didn't even drink myself drunk Saturday, but I'm sure it affected my sleep, and how I felt Sunday (I didn't specifically feel hungover, just tired). I have plans this weekend that will involve beer. So the goal is to keep it as under control as possible. We'll see how that goes. It's always a struggle at this event (a pub crawl). I'm about to call the whole drinking thing off for the rest of the year. Although, I guess my issue isn't so much drinking a few drinks with dinner or whatever. It's more the issue with events that center around drinking and I drink way too much. I probably drank 10 beers on Saturday. Of course, it was across an 8 hour period, so that's not as horrible as it sounds. But it's still a lot for the system to process. Plus, the calories. 

Aside from that, my mattress is still conspiring against me. I'm trying to give it a month (this weekend was just one week) to see if it gets better. Apparently I'm sleeping OK once I fall asleep because I slept through a storm last night. But I wake up several times a night and wake up stiff, especially in my mid and upper back. Once I get up and move around I feel OK. I just wish I could get a good solid night's sleep. 

Food this week is already setup for a fail. I mean tto make taco meat last night,but time got away from me. I did get the yard mowed, which was probably higher priority. But really, tacos were chosen as a meal because of how easy they are. 

Oh! One more thing! Ma Squat bought all her Squatcakes some e-cloths for an early Christmas present. These things are awesome. If you're moving more and more away from cleaning products because of the chemicals, price, etc. these things are fantastic. There are tons of different kinds. I used the wet mop for my kitchen/dining room floors, and I swear they're the cleanest they've ever been. I also used the all purpose cloth and the polishing cloth to clean my windows (seriously, how are they so clean?!), my counter tops, tile backsplash, oven top and front, dishwasher front, fridge front (I had no idea how gross my fridge handle was). I also used it to clean out my sink, and shine up the metal faucet. If I hadn't had plans Saturday I probably woudl have spent the whole day cleaning. I really want to clean my bathroom floors, tubs/showers and sinks. 

Anyway, you just use them with water and they're supposed to kill 99% of bacteria. Then you can disinfect them in boiling water or in your washing machine. I expected to be disappointed, but really, they're awesome. And if you ever really want to clean something with cleaner, you still have that option (just don't use the cleaner with the rags themselves). Which means I'll just be using less of those cleaners. For example, I'll probably still use real cleaner on my toilets because gross. But I'm not as grossed out by my shower or sink. My sister says her kids pee on her bathroom floor enough she still wants to use bleach on the floor, but luckily I don't pee on my floor so I don't feel like I have that issue. They're supposed to stand up to 300 washings. 

Obviously I've only been using them for a weekend, so it's hard to say if they're worth it long-term, but so far they're awesome!

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

Oh, the only downside to the e-cloths was my hands were really dry after. But it could have been from dealing with boiling water. Or my hands being so wet for so long. But that was the only downside. 

Also, I bought running shoes on Groupon this weekend. I know, who does that? But they're very similar to the style I bought last, and Asics have always been the best fit for me running shoe-wise. So I'm hopeful they'll be a good choice. I ruined my last pair in sand volleyball after a monsoon. So stupid. And I really want to start running again as soon as it cools off. So the stars have aligned, apparently. 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

luckily I don't pee on my floor so I don't feel like I have that issue.

That's a good policy.  

Those e-cloths sound awesome.  I might have to look into getting some, you should be a spokesperson for them.  

I also forgot to cook last night.  I had big plans for cooking all of my lunches for the week, and realized I hadn't done anything for those plans around 9:30 last night.  I've got some black beans going in the crock pot now though.  Maybe I can salvage the rest of my meals.  

Oh, the only downside to the e-cloths was my hands were really dry after. But it could have been from dealing with boiling water. Or my hands being so wet for so long. But that was the only downside. 

Also, I bought running shoes on Groupon this weekend. I know, who does that? But they're very similar to the style I bought last, and Asics have always been the best fit for me running shoe-wise. So I'm hopeful they'll be a good choice. I ruined my last pair in sand volleyball after a monsoon. So stupid. And I really want to start running again as soon as it cools off. So the stars have aligned, apparently. 

I've been having problems with dry skin lately, one finger on my left hand keeps cracking open if I'm not putting stuff on it everyday (which reminds me, I should probably do that) Mrs. Power thinks its from me washing dishes, which is possible I suppose

I'm toying with the idea of running more myself.I may start up a C25K thing again, this all depends on me getting out of bed earlier on my non-gym days though, so that'll probably shut this plan down.  

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

That's a good policy.  

Those e-cloths sound awesome.  I might have to look into getting some, you should be a spokesperson for them.  

I also forgot to cook last night.  I had big plans for cooking all of my lunches for the week, and realized I hadn't done anything for those plans around 9:30 last night.  I've got some black beans going in the crock pot now though.  Maybe I can salvage the rest of my meals.  

I've been having problems with dry skin lately, one finger on my left hand keeps cracking open if I'm not putting stuff on it everyday (which reminds me, I should probably do that) Mrs. Power thinks its from me washing dishes, which is possible I suppose

I'm toying with the idea of running more myself.I may start up a C25K thing again, this all depends on me getting out of bed earlier on my non-gym days though, so that'll probably shut this plan down.  

I STILL haven't cooked. I've been eating sandwiches. Oh, the humanity! :) First paleo problems when I'm not even paleo but feel guilty eating sandwiches? It's a weird shame-oriented brain I live in.

The e-cloths are still awesome. I cleaned both upstairs bathrooms and my entry way floor in less than an hour the other night. And I realized I was holding my breath when doing any of that stuff in the past because bathroom cleaning products make my lungs hurt and I'm always convinced I'm poisoning myself. Now, I only ahve to hold my breath if it's been a REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY long time since I've cleaned! ;)

So, Mrs. Power thinks we should both stop washing dishes, right? Done.

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my shoes! I'm using their non-arrival as an excuse for now. Well, really, I'd run in my other shoes that have been through the ringer, but I can only find one. The only other pair I have is my lawn pair and they're in pretty poor shape. But I'll admit, I haven't focused much on finding them. Been busy! And it's been near or over 100 every day this week. I'm afraid I might stroke out. Although, last night did sunset yoga starting at 8:15PM (got there at 8:00) and was like, "It's not even hot out here!" WHAT? Weird.

-----------------------------

Great segue, SS! Yoga last night. I was so looking forward to it but had a stomach ache going into it. Not bad enough to skip, just kinda blah. And i found during yoga I was super-super weak. Which makes me wnat to get back to lifting more focused in the near future. Anti-strength gainz without cardio. Only me. Anyway, it might have just been an off day/night with feeling crappy. By the end of yoga I felt great, so I feel like it was maybe food taht wasn't digesting or something weird. Anyway, I'm anxious to get back my strength, but REALLY want to drop some pounds, so I will be fighting the strength gainz vs strength anti-gainz when I start running.

I stole a 2-day lifting plan from CK, and am modifying it so it fits my needs. I'm going to lift 2X a week. I want to squat and DL both days. If I can fit it in, I'll also bench on one day and do something else upper body the next. I think his schedule intended to work up to one set heavy (3, 5, 8 reps) then work back into more reps and several sets. But I'm goign to do one day working up to the heavy sets. Then the 2nd lifting day I'll do the higher reps, lower weight. 

And I need to keep focusing on post chain stuff. Sigh. I might do that on days I run since my runs will always be short distances. 

Maybe I should make a plan. How's this?

Mon: Rest

Tue: Yoga + post chain

Wed: Yoga

Thurs: Lift

Fri: Run (1 1/2-2 miles) 

Sat: Lift

Sun: Run (1 1/2-2 miles) + optional yoga

ETA: Yes, I did build that based on my favorite yoga sessions. Tues and Wed are my "never miss" classes. And the Sunday one would be a good excuse to run on the treadmill at the Y then hit that class. So, that's how I worked that out. 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

I'm the same way when I eat sandwiches!  I really like a good sandwich, my life has taken a weird turn now that I consider sandwiches as a treat.   

My lack of sleep this week has kept me from starting my running yet.  I figure if I do it in the morning, I will be less likely to die, and less people will see me when I'm super sweaty.  And Cline put me on the trail of some Muay Thai places in my area, so now I'm more inclined to start running to get in better shape so I can go to fightin' classes.  All of that is going to put me in the gainz vs anti-gainz mentality too.  

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

mmmmm sammiches.

i like your plan, girl!

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

I'm the same way when I eat sandwiches!  I really like a good sandwich, my life has taken a weird turn now that I consider sandwiches as a treat.   

My lack of sleep this week has kept me from starting my running yet.  I figure if I do it in the morning, I will be less likely to die, and less people will see me when I'm super sweaty.  And Cline put me on the trail of some Muay Thai places in my area, so now I'm more inclined to start running to get in better shape so I can go to fightin' classes.  All of that is going to put me in the gainz vs anti-gainz mentality too.  

The struggle is real. We'll make it (edited to add the word "it" - wasn't making a move on you talking about making out, MP) out muscled up and in fighting shape. I just know it! 

Good luck with the muay thai! I don't really have a goal once I'm in better shape, cardiovascularly (and slightly lighter on the scale). Maybe I should? Nah, I'll just stick to any running in general.

I saw an article the other day that said running 5 minutes a day is all a person needs to stay healthy. First goal: FIVE MINUTES! Seriously, though, when i used to run, it was about 15-20 minutes 1-3 times a week, and I really felt the best I've ever felt during that stretch. I ran 1-3 times  week, and lifted 2-4 times a week (usually 4-6 workouts total per week). And I didn't eat like an asshole, but I had the most freedom with food choices and maintaining a healthy weight I've ever had. And was reasonably strong. I'd take that again in a heartbeat! 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log