Had a good hot yoga session last night. Went in thinking I wasn't going to manage any of it but only had to stop to wipe down a few times (I was absolutely dripping).

Today's lifting session was pretty bleeding awesome. Went in feeling a wee bit rough. Decided to just go for it and try doing a single squat at working weight without my belt and it felt so easy that I carried on for a second rep and then the whole set and then all the sets.

So that was 5x5 at 100kg (220lb) or two wheels.

Bench, I decided to just do 60kg because it involved less faffing around with plates and again it was really pretty easy.

Deadlifts were tougher. I did do my first set at 102.5kg beltless but I was kinda gassed and hungry so belted up for the other four sets.

Anyway, here's the video and the full run-down.

Saturday 20/6:

Squats:

(20kg x10)

(40kg x10)

(60kg x5)

(80kg x5)

100kg x5x5

Beltless, easy as pie.

Bench:

(20kg x10)

(40kg x10)

(50kg x5)

60kg x5x5

Pretty easy. Few reps with flying butt issues but mostly fine.

Deadlifts:

(60kg x5)

(80kg x5)

102.5kg x5x5

First working set beltless, rest belted. Kinda gassed and hungry by this point.

• Like 2

Where is the belt that says, "Pink and Fluffy?"

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

I've been wanting to pick up a Best Belt for awhile now as I've heard good things from Gains, but their site hasn't been accepting orders for almost 4 months now.  Thinking they might just be going out of business or something. 

Wahlander looks nice, but don't think they are available here in the US. 

They're only really available direct and they're all custom-made. So they are kinda as available in the USA as they are in the UK (i.e. you can order them online and they will be delivered). 

That said, mine was jaw-droppingly expensive (£180 after delivery and bank fees) but my Titan was going to be £160 anyway thanks to delivery and taxes.

I don't really mind the belt rule, but I don't think the IPF realised how much trouble it would cause for lifters regardless of money. Wahlander seems to have fared pretty well (I had a two day turnaround on my belt) but Titan, Inzer and Best Belt all seem to have all but stopped sending out belts despite the orders flying in.

Tuesday 23/6:

New belt arrived on Monday and I picked it up Tuesday morning. It's very, very purdy. :)

Squats:

(20kg x10)

(40kg x10)

(60kg x5)

(80kg x5)

(100kg x2) Getting a feel for the new belt

105kg x4x5

Felt a wee bit heavier than I wanted but suspect my setup was a wee bit off.

Bench:

(20kg x10)

(40kg x10)

(50kg x5)

60kg x4x5

Got easier as the sets went on.

Block Deadlifts:

(60kg x5)

(80kg x5)

110kg x4x5

Suspect I shouldn't have made such a big jump from last warm-up to working weight as these felt really tough. May also have been rounding my upper back too much as it went "ping" this morning when I was doing my hair. Back in a world of pain. :(

I've always assumed it's to condition me for competition conditions, and because I usually enjoy it. I grumble when my workouts are over too quickly.

I'm currently running an average of just under 10,000kg per session of volume, though. :)

Makes sense to me. I don't remember who, maybe Matt Wenning, was talking about training like that. Always condition ready, and he has real numbers to base competition weights to. And the volume helps too. 

Is Sweaty Betty the equivalent of LuluLemon? If so, I like the name better. 

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

There are people obsessed with LuluLemon here, but I like my yoga pants less see through. ;)

Plus I like the whole ethos of female empowerment that Sweaty Betty has. My only major issue is that they don't go above a UK 16 (US 12). 

http://sparklyobjects.co.uk/sweaty-betty-vs-lululemon-whose-yoga-clothes-better/#.VYxw9vm6fIU

I was informed by a British coach that I've bulked out my backside so much now I might want to start doing the see through test on leggings... as he noticed walking up behind me at the worlds.

LuluLemon were looking for Scottish brand ambassadors recently and because I know who's handling their UK marketing my name came up.

"Gentle means tired."

Battle Log / Youtube Channel / (lol am an..) Athlete Page

Level 4 Halfling Monk: STR - 181 | DEX - 12.5 | STA - 4.5 | CON - 6 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 7

I was informed by a British coach that I've bulked out my backside so much now I might want to start doing the see through test on leggings... as he noticed walking up behind me at the worlds.

It can happen to any butt... even when someone has no butt to speak of.

LuluLemon were looking for Scottish brand ambassadors recently and because I know who's handling their UK marketing my name came up.

I'm feeling a bit disheartened after realising I have practically no followers on Instagram, minimal likes and very low engagement on Facebook and therefore next to no chance of picking up sponsors. I need to work out where I'm going wrong and how to correct and I need to do it soon!

I still don't get the social media stuff.  Most of my attention is by word of mouth than anything else.

But there does seem to be a weird up surge in attention at internationals since I got on Instagram.

"Gentle means tired."

Battle Log / Youtube Channel / (lol am an..) Athlete Page

Level 4 Halfling Monk: STR - 181 | DEX - 12.5 | STA - 4.5 | CON - 6 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 7

Hold the phone! Are you telling me I can stalk you on Facebook as well? Be right back.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"