1 minute ago, RedStone said:

South Africa!!!!! EPIC!!! Can't wait to see pictures :D And wtf truck. I was wondering what those travel updates on FB were about! Hope it gets sorted quickly!

My mum's coming with us and has booked a six-night safari in Kruger National Park and then we're going to fly to Cape Town to explore wineries. :D 

And yeah... He's the most unpopular man in Scotland and has probably cost the economy millions of pounds (plus the damage).

Wednesday 11 January:

BW: 65.8kg

Sumo w/3ct eccentric: 70kg x3x6

Started off with a slightly wider stance but it just wasn't working for me so moved it in and it felt better again.

Deadlifts:

(70kg x5)

(100kg x3)

120kg x3 @RPE 9 (oops)

100kg x7, x6x4, x7 (I'm going to assume I did the right number on the middle sets but definitely mis-counted the first and last)

Felt like death throughout and started feeling like I was going to vomit by the end. Not heavy but I'm just not feeling great.

Bench:

(20kg x10)

(40kg x5)

(60kg x3)

(70kg x1)

75kg x1 (with a decent pause) @7.5

Bench w/3ct eccentric: 45kg x10x6

Skipped accessories to try to get out quickly enough to get home via the detour before 10pm but the Forth Bridge reopened whilst we were en route so could just go home and eat stir-fry with rice.

Hoping to do a fluff session today to catch up on accessories then do the same on Saturday.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Starbuck said:

South Africa trip is so exciting! Kruger National Park is just incredible. When I first went, I was worried that we'd come all that way and wouldn't see anything cool...but ended up seeing so much every time. 

I'm really excited! Slightly terrified that I'm organising all this and might not make the team, but still excited.

I don't know why I've been rubbish about writing things up. Friday was a fairly epic session.

Friday, 13 January:

BW: 65.3kg

Sumo 3ct to knee, 2ct pause, 3ct eccentric: 70kg x3x6

Pin squats:

(20kg x10)

(40kg x5)

(60kg x5)

(80kg x5)

(85kg x5)

(90kg x5)

(95kg x5)

100kg x5 @6

105kg x5 @7

110kg x5 @8

105kg x5

100kg x5

95kg x1x2 (slightly lower pins that I couldn't hit)

95kg x5

Actually nowhere near as bad as expected but either I can squat to slightly above depth or have the pins so low that I can barely hit them with the bar, so I'm to do two extra sets after these with the weight but without pins I finish on to reinforce good depth.

Board press (2.5"):

(20kg x10)

(40kg x5)

(60kg x5)

(70kg x5)

80kg x5 @6

90kg x5 @7

95kg x1 (bad handoff so freaked and decided to drop the weight and ditch that set)

80kg x5

70kg x5x2

No competent handoff available after 90kg so had to keep it lighter than I would have otherwise.

Everything was a PB in this session, so not even worth writing PB... 95kg is the heaviest I've ever even done for a heavy hold on bench, so really pleased with that. Might go for 100kg this week for a triple. :D

Saturday, 14 January:

BW: 65.4kg

Sumo w/3ct eccentric: 70kg x3x6

Band deadlift (purple band... way too light):

(70kg x5)

100kg x5 @RPE 6

107.5kg x5 @RPE 7.5

110kg x5 @RPE :sorrow:

105kg x5

100kg x5x2

Wussed on the bands. Wussed on the weights. Kept feeling like I was going to vomit. Will do better next week!

3ct pause bench:

(20kg x10)

(40kg x5)

60kg x5 @RPE 6

65kg x5 @RPE 7

70kg x5 @RPE 9 (oops)

65kg x5

60kg x5x2

Pauses were a bit shorter than they should have been but I was definitely counting to three in my head...

• Like 2

I've been feeling kinda shit the past week or so so think I might up my calorie goal a little. I've set up a tracking spreadsheet to try to calculate my current deficit and estimated TDEE. It's very rough but I'll run it 'til February's comp and see what numbers it spits out. Think I'm looking at around a 2750 calorie TDEE but I'm going to start a slow reverse diet once I have a week or two of consistently having a weight of 63kg or less.

ARGH! I keep losing this out of my "Content You Posted In" list, which is bloody annoying!

Monday, 16 January:

BW: 65.5kg

Sumo 3ct to knee, 2ct pause, 3ct eccentric: 70kgx3x6

Squats:

(20kg x5) (Hip circle)

(50kg x5) (Hip circle)

(80kg x5)

(100kg x3)

(110kg x3)

120kg x3 @8ish

100kg x6x6

Bench:

(20kg x10)

(40kg x5)

(60kg x3)

(70kg x1)

(75kg x1)

(77.5kg x1)

80kg x1 @8ish

65kg x5x5

Lat pulldown: 40kg x12x3, 35kg x12

Face pulls: 32kg x12x4

Tricep pushdowns: 18kg x20x4

4 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

I hate lb, but half the time I think the 'Muricans think I'm weak because a lot of them don't understand anything other than lb.

Another group of people to add to the list of "don't think their opinion matters much": People who judge other people because they can't convert standard units. IMHO!!!! (!)

• Like 2
Just now, evabo said:

Another group of people to add to the list of "don't think their opinion matters much": People who judge other people because they can't convert standard units. IMHO!!!! (!)

And I mean that as in, the people who aren't able to convert are judging. To be clear. As Obama would say. #fullcircle

• Like 1
6 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

Okay, to anyone who actually reads this, do you understand kg or only lb?

4 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

I hate lb, but half the time I think the 'Muricans think I'm weak because a lot of them don't understand anything other than lb.

10 minutes ago, evabo said:

Being American, I am more familiar with lbs, but I have learned enough to be dangerous with kg because the majority of lifters I follow use kg (but even at a high level, it takes two seconds to double the amount and know it's higher than that). 

It isn't my place to judge anyone for using one over the other anymore than it is my place to judge someone for the amount they lift. I am angry for you if anyone is criticizing you for using kg. You just keep doing what makes sense to you! /rawr!

• Like 4

Tuesday 17 January:

BW: 65.7kg

Sumo stuff: 70kgx3x9ish

So this was really annoying. I wasn't feeling great about sumo today and kept panicking that I wasn't getting it right so was shifting around a bit and then one of the guys in the gym started trying to correct me even though he admitted that he can't sumo and doesn't know anything about it... but would he leave me alone? NO! He's a friend so I didn't want to be rude but it was stressing me out a lot and I wound up going to the toilets to cry because I was so frustrated. Another guy (a mutual friend) was actually giving me helpful advice but was barged out of the way by the clueless one. It was horrible.

Deadlifts:

(70kgx3)

(100kg x3)

(115kg x1)

130kg x1 @RPE 8.5

100kg x6x6

Bench:

(30kg x10)

(40kg x5)

(60kg x3)

(70kg x1)

(75kg x1)

80kg x1 @RPE 7.75

3ct eccentric bench: 45kg x10x6

• Like 2

Having a bit of a freak out today. Someone messaged me to say that their back had been really painful after a previous class and it kind of felt like they were blaming me. The last thing I want anyone to do is injure themselves!

Anyway, class was good last night. A few people back after a bit of a break and they're all looking good. Fluff session squeezed in after.

Wednesday, 18 January:

BW: 65.9kg (WHYYYY?)

Dumbbell OHP: 12.5kgx12x4

Lateral raises: 4kgx12x4 (weight needs to go up)

Dumbbell bicep curlz: 5kgx20x4

• Like 2

Thursday, 19 January:

BW: 65.7kg

Sumo (3ct to knee, 2ct pause, 3ct eccentric): 70kg x3x6ish (Okay, it was 8 sets but I was waiting for a rack.)

Pin squats (much lower pins this time):

(20kg x5)

(50kg x5)

(70kg x5)

90kg x3 RPE 6

100kg x3 RPE 7

105kg x3 RPE 8

100kg x3

95kg x3

90kg x3

Much harder with that extra 3" of depth. Need to remember that the racks in the first room have pins set about 1" higher so I can go to the lower pins... just.

3ct pause bench:

(20kg x5)

(40kg x5)

60kg x3 RPE 6

70kg x3 RPE 7

75kg x3 RPE 8

70kg x3

65kg x3

60kg x3 (flying off the chest in an almost comical manner)

• Like 4

Saturday 21 January:

BW: 65.6kg (Body, why you hate me? I feed you less and you no lose weight. WHYYYYY?)

Sumo speed pulls: 70kg x3x6

Banded deadlifts:

(70kgx3)

(100kg x3)

110kg x3 @9 (band WAY too heavy)

115kg x3 @7 (slightly lighter band)

120kg x3 @8

115kg x3

110kg x3

105kg x3

Board press (2.5")

(20kg x10)

(40kgx5)

(60kgx3)

(80kgx3)

90kg x3 @7

95kg x3 @8.5

100kg x2.5 @10

90kg x3

85kg x3

80kg x3

Diverging rows: 43kg x12x4

Face pulls: 32kg x12x4

Tricep pushdowns: 18kg x20x4

Lateral raises: 5kg x12x4

Bicep curls: 6kg x20x4

Sunday 22 January:

BW: 65.6kg 

Ice skating

Passed my level 3 and moved up to level 4 class. :) 

• Like 2

I am comfortable with kilos or pounds. I'm even wrapping my head around stone!

(neither here nor there but I voted for Hillary. Now counting down the days to impeachment)

I love your posts and find them super inspiring. The only bad thing I can say about you is you always beat me on step challenges! Grrr!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretzky." - Michael Scott.