• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Teros

How to Private Message (PM), Follow, Spoiler, and Progress Bar

27 posts in this topic

Hi!  I'm Teros and if you're reading this, you may have been referred by an Ambassador or even myself with how to do two basic functions within the NerdFitness Community: Send/Receive Private Messages (or PM for short), how to Follow Threads, how to Create Spoiler, or how to make Progress Bars.

Welcome! I will be your guide.

FOLLOW THREADS:

1-follow_zps9e5457e0.png

2-follow_zpse97147db.png

3-follow_zpsc7e56e24.png

-----------------------------------------------------------

SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES:

1-sendmessage_zps7f3e6b9b.png

2-sendmessage_zps363aca67.png

3-sendmessage_zps9fa21344.png

4-sendmessage_zps3d94f788.png

SPOILERS:

[.spoiler]

Type whatever information you want to be hidden in between here.

[./spoiler]

Just remove the periods and it will work.  Ex:

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. ;)

PROGRESS BARS:

prog1_zps0u30uh0s.png

prog2_zps3iv3on1y.png

prog3_zpsybmtirob.png

Note: If you think there should be any other tutorials with sexy pictures, just let me know. In fact, send me a Private Message to let me know. :P

13 people like this

Great job on this! I have always just used the "my content" to keep up with people.  One time I "followed" someone's thread I set it up to get the emails, found that annoying, and then never did it again because I didn't realize there was an option to view that on the forum.  *facepalm*

No clue of how or why I landed here, but this screenshot

3-follow_zpsc7e56e24.png

200_s.gif

On a more relative note, here's two tips for more effective Following and PMing

Following: When pressing the "Follow" button, a pop up box appears. Uncheck the "Receive notification" box there to prevent your e-mail getting flooded by notifications.

PMing: You can take a shortcut to the method Teros posted above. Instead of clicking on someone' name, simply hover the mouse cursor over it. In the pop-up window, click the "Send Message" button to start composing a message

3 people like this

Is it because it was your first quest?  :)  How far we've come.

Hey, if you think of other tutorial-based things; I'm fine with making them.

1 person likes this

That as well. Seeing veterans like ShadowLion and ChristArtist next to people I miss like kzacher, Arya Saphire and Leothil was touching too. We have come a long way indeed, my friend.

I think we're fine as far as tutorials go. I checked this place, all FAQs like Progress Bars, Spoilers and YouTube videos are covered. Unless you want to make a specific tutorial like this one and pin it

1 person likes this

That as well. Seeing veterans like ShadowLion and ChristArtist next to people I miss like kzacher, Arya Saphire and Leothil was touching too. We have come a long way indeed, my friend.

I think we're fine as far as tutorials go. I checked this place, all FAQs like Progress Bars, Spoilers and YouTube videos are covered. Unless you want to make a specific tutorial like this one and pin it

Nothing is popping up to work on, but keep in mind that I'm scatterbrained and going warp-speed with the amount of shit I've been getting done.

This is my first post ever and so glad I found your detailed guide. Thank you.

2 people like this

No problem.  Figured it would be easier to make sure people are all on the same page with as little issue as possible.

If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a PM.

For one I'd like to test the progress bar. 

Two - I can not seem to change my display name, it says I need to post more to change, but my email is showing up on every post and I'd rather that be private - help? Thanks!

58.7/458%
58.7/458%

Obviously still having issues - looks like the progress bar doesn't work the same way in the new layout. How can I fix it?

Thanks!

1 person likes this

Progress bar info doesn't seem to work with the new site upgrades.

Anyone knows how?

Would love to play around with them.

Thanks!

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 6:22 AM, acgilbert11@gmail.com said:

13%
13%

Repeating another's unanswered for months question about progress bars again.

We can 'quote' a post with a progress bar and it duplicates, but appears unable to be edited, and having tried to edit my old progress bar, I destroyed it and seem unable to recreate.

I asked higher-ups.  Was waiting for a response.  Asking again.

I make my own progress bars. The code formatting function still works, even though it isn't on the toolbar.

You have to copy/paste it from another post, but you can edit it once you do.

FOOD: watch the carbs  X / / / X X X (B+)  X X X - X X X (A)   - . . . . . . ( )   . . . . . . . ( )  
FITNESS: daily workout X - / / X / / (B)   X / X / X - - (B)   - . . . . . . ( )   . . . . . . . ( )  
 HEALTH: go to sleep   / X X X X / X (A+)  X / / - / / / (C+)  . . . . . . . ( )   . . . . . . . ( )  
 LIFE: weekly review   - - - ! X ~ ~ (D)   . X ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ (A)   . . . . . . . ( )   . . . . . . . ( )  

So my post options don't look like the ones in the examples at all. I don't see all the options for adding progress bars and such, which I am super interested in. Help?