The Great Hall: Ranger Chatter

Hammlin

Mother Earth here and ready to get this challenge started with an earthly theme for me this time around.... 

is this mah sista terra?

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Joining the rangers for this challenge.  I'm a member of the RenRebs for accountability buddies.  I'm a mess and a half.  Really crazy schedule.  Fairly bad with time and space.  Started NF around Nov-Dec last year.  I have lost significant weight but I still have 40 lbs to go to my ultimate goal.  Being honest with myself I know that I can't lose that in 6 weeks.  so I'm going for 5 lbs this challenge.  that will put me at 186.

• Like 5

I think we might have the best Ranger recruit class ever this time around!

Just wondering...does anyone else get a little twitchy the weekend before the challenge starts? I have the numbers in mind and just can't wait to tick them off. Feel like I'm lined up for the Kentucky Derby or something!

• Like 6

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Yea!!!!  So many wonderful people are coming to the Rangers.  This is great. 

I couldn't wait, Xena .... kinda started on the eve of the eve of the challenge this time. 

• Like 4

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Hi!  I just started a cross-guild accountability group (The Chronologically Blessed) that is intended for those who are a bit older than the average here on NF.   I want it to be a place where we can commune among ourselves, stroke our grey beards, brush our grey hair and enjoy ourselves while we provide age appropriate encouragement and accountability for each other.  

You are Chronologically Blessed if

1) There are NF members young enough to be your children (or grandchildren even)

2) You have thought at least once "Wish I had found this x years ago" and x is measured in decades

3) You find it difficult to be 'inspired' by someone who is half your age

4) You've ever thought, "Yeah, if I was x years old, I could do that too"

5) You can remember...well we're not going there.

6) I'd say 45 or older is a good place to start...

• Like 6

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Joining the rangers for this challenge.  I'm a member of the RenRebs for accountability buddies.  I'm a mess and a half.  Really crazy schedule.  Fairly bad with time and space.  Started NF around Nov-Dec last year.  I have lost significant weight but I still have 40 lbs to go to my ultimate goal.  Being honest with myself I know that I can't lose that in 6 weeks.  so I'm going for 5 lbs this challenge.  that will put me at 186.

Yay, Beau - we can get rid of our last 40's together! I think you're going to like the Rangers!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

I think we might have the best Ranger recruit class ever this time around!

Just wondering...does anyone else get a little twitchy the weekend before the challenge starts? I have the numbers in mind and just can't wait to tick them off. Feel like I'm lined up for the Kentucky Derby or something!

Oh, yes! On the twitchy, anxious, want-to-get-going feeling and on the recruits!

• Like 2

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Hi!  I just started a cross-guild accountability group (The Chronologically Blessed) that is intended for those who are a bit older than the average here on NF.   I want it to be a place where we can commune among ourselves, stroke our grey beards, brush our grey hair and enjoy ourselves while we provide age appropriate encouragement and accountability for each other.  

1) There are NF members young enough to be your children (or grandchildren even)

2) You have thought at least once "Wish I had found this x years ago" and x is measured in decades

Oh, man, WildRoss! I am full up on accountability groups. :(

I may have to make an exception for this, though!

Yes to everything but #3. I regularly get inspired by the "youngsters" around here!

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

I am not quite the 45 yet, but I can just about say yes to the rest.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Welcome, welcome! I'm already loving this Guild a lot. *-*

• Like 2

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Hey Rangers!  I'm here for my first challenge with the guild and suer-excited!  (Although I'm still trying to articulate my goal because I feel I just have too many!)  Oh yeah, I have no idea what my race is because I tend to like more comic-book/super-hero races than traditional DnD ones . . . is that cool?

• Like 5

Atlantean Ranger

Epic Quest Level 4

"Remember - I'm still the king of the Seven Seas!  And if I wish I can command all the creatures of the sea to attack you - at once!"

Welcome JK_Mom! That's absolutely cool in my books! Are you more Marvel or DC? :D

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Arya - tough to say.  I'm a huge fan of Superman and Aquaman (I swear my dream race is a mix between kryptonian and atlantean), but have read and watched more Marvel stuff.  I also am a big Captain America fan (despite being Quaker).  And Agent May from Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. is a total bad-ass!

• Like 3

Atlantean Ranger

Epic Quest Level 4

"Remember - I'm still the king of the Seven Seas!  And if I wish I can command all the creatures of the sea to attack you - at once!"

I like the comic book heroes who are just ...... humans who work really hard at improving their bodies. 

• Like 4

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Arya - tough to say.  I'm a huge fan of Superman and Aquaman (I swear my dream race is a mix between kryptonian and atlantean), but have read and watched more Marvel stuff.  I also am a big Captain America fan (despite being Quaker).  And Agent May from Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. is a total bad-ass!

What's wrong with being a Captain America fan + Quaker?  (Asking as a Quaker who also loves Marvel; though I'm more Spiderman and X-men).

Level 19 Ranger Monk 

Str- 10, Dex-8, Sta-7, Con-11, Wis-78, Cha-43

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

Kryptolantean, perhaps?  Actually Atlantonian rolls off your tongue a little better.  

Hey, there's no saying there couldn't of been some Aquaman and Supergirl torrid love affair that didn't make the comics...

• Like 5

Dwarven...Something

Level 2

STR 3 | DEX 1 STA 1 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3 

First Challenge  (with awesome Before and After video)

Hope all you ranger types are ready to dive into this Challenge! Welcome aboard new peoples, welcome back old hands, and let's go do this thing.

:)

• Like 4

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines