The Great Hall: Ranger Chatter

Hammlin

Hi! !!!!!

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Hey hey hey. Just finished up the first challenge in great shape. Now I'll be joining ya'll for the next one. 

I'm mixing 3x/week stronglifts with a cardio (swimming, Zombies, Run!, or heavy bag). As I have yet to stall out at all in Stronglifts, I'm going to continue on. Largely, I started working out because I realized how much I let my health slip in college, as engineering school took up more and more of my time. I found myself winded when I shouldn't be and I decided to stop that. I'm focusing on increasing physical performance, not so much weight loss (though that can be quite incidental). I eat pretty well, especially when I'm at home, but I'm an inveterate foodie and can easily have a couple of bad days. I'm not sure whether I want to set new goals or not for this next challenge, as the previous goals have served me well and I'm not quite done yet with the programming I started into.

My wife, S@kur4-Ch4n!, will probably be joining the warriors. We've been married for 5 years, now, with no kids but hope to add them sometime in the middle future.

I'm PhD student in human factors engineering, from Texas. My fandoms are pretty wide, as I dig into pretty much everything and help out with our local general-purpose nerd club, complete with convention! I collect comics (Saga, Rat Queens, Fairest) and books (Brandon Sanderson, George R.R. Martin, John Scalzi, Charles Stross, and quite a few classics). I'm also heavily into punk, blues, and various alternative music genres, with favorites such as Fugazi (Ian MacKaye is a bit of a hero to me), White Stripes, Black Keys, Close Your Eyes, Dropkick Murphy's, etc., and I'm a mediocre guitarist. Gamewise, I'm a huge Bioware fan, particularly with the Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and Baldur's Gate series, but am also a fan of series such as Grandia, Disgaea, Uncharted, and Assassin's Creed. Anime I'm a fan of are: Ouran High School Host Club, Fullmetal Alchemist, Blue Exorcist, FLCL, and ToraDora, just to name a few. Board game wise, I own very little but Catan and Munchkin, but have deeply enjoyed quite a few, with Betrayal at House on Haunted Hill as a recent positive experience. I also helped found and captain a local homebrew club with a penchant for experimental brews.

• Like 1

Bandcamp
Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger/Warrior
[str 8 || Dex 4 || Con 3 || Wis 3 || Cha 2] 

1st Challenge: The First Ideal

2nd Challenge: Perfection Through Practice
Fitocracy: Bandcamp14

So totes random but I think tis ok to post this here?

I have been MIA for some time because i quit crossfit and felt like a failure. I hung my head in shame and failed my second round of challenges and goals.

BUT I know that I am not a failure, and am embarking on some homestyle bodyweight training ;)

Thanks and have a great week !

• Like 1

Kitsune-Ranger Lvl 2

STR:5 DEX:2 STA:3 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA:3

Current Challenge: Kitsune Evolve!

"What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion"

Hey gang- informal poll for the next 6 weeks... do you want a campfire thread to keep sharing recipes?

Let me know!

• Like 1

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Yes to a campfire thread!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Hey hey hey. Just finished up the first challenge in great shape. Now I'll be joining ya'll for the next one. 

I'm mixing 3x/week stronglifts with a cardio (swimming, Zombies, Run!, or heavy bag). As I have yet to stall out at all in Stronglifts, I'm going to continue on. Largely, I started working out because I realized how much I let my health slip in college, as engineering school took up more and more of my time. I found myself winded when I shouldn't be and I decided to stop that. I'm focusing on increasing physical performance, not so much weight loss (though that can be quite incidental). I eat pretty well, especially when I'm at home, but I'm an inveterate foodie and can easily have a couple of bad days. I'm not sure whether I want to set new goals or not for this next challenge, as the previous goals have served me well and I'm not quite done yet with the programming I started into.

My wife, S@kur4-Ch4n!, will probably be joining the warriors. We've been married for 5 years, now, with no kids but hope to add them sometime in the middle future.

I'm PhD student in human factors engineering, from Texas. My fandoms are pretty wide, as I dig into pretty much everything and help out with our local general-purpose nerd club, complete with convention! I collect comics (Saga, Rat Queens, Fairest) and books (Brandon Sanderson, George R.R. Martin, John Scalzi, Charles Stross, and quite a few classics). I'm also heavily into punk, blues, and various alternative music genres, with favorites such as Fugazi (Ian MacKaye is a bit of a hero to me), White Stripes, Black Keys, Close Your Eyes, Dropkick Murphy's, etc., and I'm a mediocre guitarist. Gamewise, I'm a huge Bioware fan, particularly with the Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and Baldur's Gate series, but am also a fan of series such as Grandia, Disgaea, Uncharted, and Assassin's Creed. Anime I'm a fan of are: Ouran High School Host Club, Fullmetal Alchemist, Blue Exorcist, FLCL, and ToraDora, just to name a few. Board game wise, I own very little but Catan and Munchkin, but have deeply enjoyed quite a few, with Betrayal at House on Haunted Hill as a recent positive experience. I also helped found and captain a local homebrew club with a penchant for experimental brews.

Congrats on a successful challenge and welcome to the Rangers!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

So totes random but I think tis ok to post this here?

I have been MIA for some time because i quit crossfit and felt like a failure. I hung my head in shame and failed my second round of challenges and goals.

BUT I know that I am not a failure, and am embarking on some homestyle bodyweight training ;)

Thanks and have a great week !

Welcome back! I quit CrossFit, too, but am getting really good results from bodyweight strength workouts at my own pace. Good luck with yours!

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Hey gang- informal poll for the next 6 weeks... do you want a campfire thread to keep sharing recipes?

Let me know!

As long as we don't have to post there regularly, I'd like it to stay on the boards. It's a good database and a place we can share something new and exciting we made

• Like 4

Lvl 45 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

As long as we don't have to post there regularly, I'd like it to stay on the boards. It's a good database and a place we can share something new and exciting we made

Yeah I'm thinking it would be a good, noncompulsory, place to throw recipes on those omgimsohungrybutihavenoimagination nights

• Like 3

My Blog | My Story

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Yes

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Yes please.

I have a mango coconut curry chicken with cauliflower rice recipe that I'm trying out tonight. I'll

share the recipe if it gets good reviews tonight.

*Drool*....That sounds amazing. Hope it goes well!

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Hey Rangers!

I just thought I'd let you know about a PvP some warrior folk started up a while back. We're rebooting it and it starts Monday (Sept. 15).

Lose 20 pounds in 10 weeks PvP

20, 10, 5 lbs., it doesn't really matter. The point is to commit to 10 straight weeks of weight loss. Its a fun challenge and several of us had good success on the first one we did.

Check it out.

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

soon?

Spoiler

Stuff is up. :)

My Blog | My Story

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines