The Island | Ranger Mini Challenge FINISHED

Hammlin

Hey team, sorry I haven't been on much! Been packing and heading off to the great northern Canadian wilderness. Had a chance so far today to get in 5 awesome kilometres of rugged back-roads hiking. I have limited connectivity up here, and can't update the doc. Can someone add 5 km to my name on the doc! I'm going to try to get in another 10 in the next 2 days so that I at least pull my weight on my team!

Rock on, rangers!

Dumbass phone!! This is on behalf of Sandylion!

Half-Giant Monk

current challenge

"Promote yourself, but do not demote another." Yisroel Salanter

Rats, can't seem to update the spreadsheet on my phone. Ran 3.29 miles this morning so I need to add 6.58 to my totals. I'll try later on the computer.

• Like 1

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Hey team, sorry I haven't been on much! Been packing and heading off to the great northern Canadian wilderness. Had a chance so far today to get in 5 awesome kilometres of rugged back-roads hiking. I have limited connectivity up here, and can't update the doc. Can someone add 5 km to my name on the doc? I'm going to try to get in another 10 in the next 2 days so that I at least pull my weight on my team!

Rock on, rangers!

Rats, can't seem to update the spreadsheet on my phone. Ran 3.29 miles this morning so I need to add 6.58 to my totals. I'll try later on the computer.

You've been updated on the spreadsheet. Sounds like an awesome time - have fun!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Walked 1 mile from my work to the subway station- I'll update once I'm home from that barbecue I'm going to!

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Hey gang! As soon as I get back to base and study the map I'll let you all know what you've stumbled upon!

• Like 3

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Managed to get my miles recording caught up. A paltry 16 for 6 days. No multiplier involved. and like so many, my team is over 50 - 64.6 to be overly precise. I'll probably do another 2-3 today. So the rest of you need to do 32.4 between you ;-) 8 each. somehow don't think we'll be hitting 100, unless some of you are also slow to update. One of the eastbound teams is at 140 already, and another at 95. (best westbound at 79.3). Is the eastbound trail steeper or something?

Level 6 Dark Elf Ranger

STR 5 | DEX 3 | STA 16 | CON 10 | WIS 13 | CHA 6

Current Challenge  Battle Log   Past: 5 4 3 2 1 0.1

Managed to get my miles recording caught up. A paltry 16 for 6 days. No multiplier involved. and like so many, my team is over 50 - 64.6 to be overly precise. I'll probably do another 2-3 today. So the rest of you need to do 32.4 between you ;-) 8 each. somehow don't think we'll be hitting 100, unless some of you are also slow to update. One of the eastbound teams is at 140 already, and another at 95. (best westbound at 79.3). Is the eastbound trail steeper or something?

No - they just have Xena, who's racking up 170 miles per challenge these days.  :playful:

• Like 6

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48

So I walked to and from the car today for a mile each way (2 miles).

Oh yes, I was walking to Tough Mudder.  Which I did twice.  Back to back. proof (if needed)

http://www.strava.com/activities/174967201

http://www.strava.com/activities/174967205

So I make that 11 miles x 2 x 2 = 44 miles (didn't start GPS on first one at the start, muppet that I am...)

+2 = 46

So where were we on the multipliers for OCRs again? :)

Check out the elevation on that sucker.

• Like 1

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

So I walked to and from the car today for a mile each way (2 miles).

Oh yes, I was walking to Tough Mudder.  Which I did twice.  Back to back. proof (if needed)

http://www.strava.com/activities/174967201

http://www.strava.com/activities/174967205

So I make that 11 miles x 2 x 2 = 44 miles (didn't start GPS on first one at the start, muppet that I am...)

+2 = 46

So where were we on the multipliers for OCRs again? :)

Check out the elevation on that sucker.

I found a better METS equivalency chart and am rerunning the numbers. There will be some adjustments. I'll have it up in several hours, after I get home from a family gathering.

Also waiting to hear about some distances from Hammi for the map update - It looks to me that there are several teams that are well into the mountains, and maybe beyond. Just need the word from the boss.

• Like 2

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Oh, team, we are almost to 50 with Sandylion's distance added into the total! I'm done in for the day, but will try to get some miles in tomorrow morning, hopefully before Hammlin rolls us over to week two.

The multipliers are as updated as they are going to be. For now. The geek in me started to break everything down further and got through biking and gave up at running. It was getting too complicated to convert METS, which is meant to compare intensity between activities based on time, to multipliers for distances. Running speeds, terrain, etc. all come into play. So, the runners are probably getting a little bit of an edge, but oh well. They've put their time in!

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

I didn't get on the computer this weekend.  I got a 9 mile run in Saturday and then a 2 mile walk to the farmers' market to loosen up the legs.  That felt pretty good. Sheet has been updated.

• Like 1

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

I didn't get a lot of time to be on the computer, so yesterday I walked 3.83 miles and I'll add it up on the spreadsheet right now. Go Rangers!

• Like 1

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines