The Island | Ranger Mini Challenge FINISHED

Hammlin

I figure if it's done before Hammi posts the next mini, it counts...I'm on my way right now!

• Like 3

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Oh, team, we are almost to 50 with Sandylion's distance added into the total! I'm done in for the day, but will try to get some miles in tomorrow morning, hopefully before Hammlin rolls us over to week two.

The multipliers are as updated as they are going to be. For now. The geek in me started to break everything down further and got through biking and gave up at running. It was getting too complicated to convert METS, which is meant to compare intensity between activities based on time, to multipliers for distances. Running speeds, terrain, etc. all come into play. So, the runners are probably getting a little bit of an edge, but oh well. They've put their time in!

add another 1.4 miles to my total for me... can't open the document on this computer....

I finally got my pedometer fixed... and that's the steps I racked up for Sunday.  (not including my run)

• Like 1

@Hammlin - Yay! with Beau's and Sandylion's efforts we just topped 50!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

I don't get online during the weekend (it was my friday off so its part of my weekend!) so I got my update in just now....  Logged: 3 mile run on Thursday night along with 1.6 mile run on Sunday and all the rest of my weekend walking.

It looks like our team, I'll call us team SOZZIELOU since she is on top, is over the 50 miles too!  Wahoo to sozzielou, mikroftt, midknytowl and trendywendypdx! 

Wonder what we found?!?!? 

• Like 1

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Slow is smooth

Ok, so for hills + OCR I make that an extra 50%.  Plus the two miles today to and from work (so painful). I'd like to go do another walk around the block or something to bump the numbers to a round figure (you know which one) ... but I can't see it happening somehow! :)

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

I'd like to say sorry to my team right now for my effort this week. I've caught my first cold in about a year or two and it's kicking my ass. I don't know if I'll be able to go to the gym this week to do much of anything (They seriously frown upon coming in sick) but I'll be knocking off at least 2k per day getting to and from work. I'm really hoping that this week's mini is a little less miles covered and a little more of something else... :)

On a side note: anyone got an suggestions for nuking a head cold that don't come from a bowl of soup or a pill box from the pharmacy? I'm all ears! I hate being sick but taking over the counter stuff leaves me sick three times as long as just letting it ride itself out naturally.

I'd like to say sorry to my team right now for my effort this week. I've caught my first cold in about a year or two and it's kicking my ass. I don't know if I'll be able to go to the gym this week to do much of anything (They seriously frown upon coming in sick) but I'll be knocking off at least 2k per day getting to and from work. I'm really hoping that this week's mini is a little less miles covered and a little more of something else... :)

On a side note: anyone got an suggestions for nuking a head cold that don't come from a bowl of soup or a pill box from the pharmacy? I'm all ears! I hate being sick but taking over the counter stuff leaves me sick three times as long as just letting it ride itself out naturally.

I have a friend who swears by drinking some red wine, then going to bed wrapped in warm blankets. I have no idea if it works or not, but I've taken it to heart because...well, red wine!

I think the idea is the red wine brings blood flow to the surface and then with the warm blankets it encourages your body to break a sweat and kill the little buggers. Might not be medically sound, but I like the idea...

• Like 3

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

I have a friend who swears by drinking some red wine, then going to bed wrapped in warm blankets. I have no idea if it works or not, but I've taken it to heart because...well, red wine!

I think the idea is the red wine brings blood flow to the surface and then with the warm blankets it encourages your body to break a sweat and kill the little buggers. Might not be medically sound, but I like the idea...

I'll second booze as a remedy! I find hot toddies are really helpful. Although, I have to go to bed pretty much right away cause they make me sleepy.  The ingredients are hot water, booze (whiskey, usually), honey, lemon/cloves/cinnamon/ginger/nutmeg (whatever you like). You can also apparently make them with tea instead of hot water. Or you can do it the cheater way and make NeoCitran and put whiskey in it (although I feel like I probably shouldn't be recommending that one, haha).

So I was going to feel lame, because my distance was way lower than a lot of people's, but then I realized that we were supposed to be walking and there is a multiplier for running. Sweet!

don't worry about it... your distance should only be compared to you :P

I always get frustrated when I have to sit out a mini challenge (or I SUCK at a mini challenge :( ) but I am a good cheerleader! :P

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

So I was going to feel lame, because my distance was way lower than a lot of people's, but then I realized that we were supposed to be walking and there is a multiplier for running. Sweet!

I felt quite down after talking to someone who ran three tough mudders on the Saturday and was back for more on the Sunday because I was "only" doing two ... There's always someone doing more/faster/with a 65kg mannequin. The only person you want to consistently beat is your previous self :)
  • Like 7

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

I think the western route was through sand .....  :playful:

• Like 4

Some kind of Jedi .....

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

“THE QUESTION ISN'T WHO IS GOING TO LET ME; IT'S WHO IS GOING TO STOP ME?” Ayn Rand

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49

i totally forgot about that...

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Rangers:

As we pour over the maps, trying to make sense of the terrain and what we have come across we need you to halt, forage, drink water etc.

We will report back later today.

Also, if anyone brought a carrier pigeon, that'd be great.

• Like 2

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Rangers:

As we pour over the maps,

[snip]

A. don't do that, the maps will get soggy.

B.Roasted or salted?

• Like 3

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

Rangers:

As we pour over the maps, trying to make sense of the terrain and what we have come across we need you to halt, forage, drink water etc.

We will report back later today.

Were we NOT supposed to eat the pigeon?  Oops! My bad!

Half/Ogre, Ranger Level 0

STR: 0, Dex: 0, STA: 0, Con: 0, WIS: 0, CHA: 0

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines