The Island | Ranger Mini Challenge FINISHED

Hammlin

I was a bit confused, too, until I got caught up on posts and realized that Endor has a knack for herding cats...and fixing up spreadsheets! Wow! He managed to herd a passel of rangers, like this:

"When you bring a herd into town and you haven't lost a one of them, well they're ain't a feelin' like it in the world! "

awesome! :lol:

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

sigh... my foot that I sprained like a month ago?? is still hurting but good... so I think I may be relegated to the ranks of cheerleaders 

tumblr_mb6854JyP01rt6jm2.gif

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Can somone please add me to the spreadsheet? I have an old version of internet explorer at work, and although I can see the spreadsheet I am unable to edit it. Being an "s" I am heading east. On Monday I ran 5.45km and today I ran 5.46km. Thanks :onthego:

Challenges 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17

Instagram photos of daily life

Battle Log

"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become" ~ Carl Jung

I'm setting up a basketball game with some friends on Thursday. There will be plenty of running around, but unfortunately I cannot measure it or in any way take advantage for the challenge. Oh well...

Not sure how long the court is (because I don't sport) but theoretically you could figure "I'm going to go up and down the court twenty times" and then calculate/estimate the distance
  • Like 1

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Not sure how long the court is (because I don't sport) but theoretically you could figure "I'm going to go up and down the court twenty times" and then calculate/estimate the distance

We just play with whoever happens to be around the neighborhood court, so we rarely have enough people for a full game, not to mention that nobody has the physical condition and willpower to run back and forth. Usually it's 2vs2 or 3vs3 using one basket and half the court, hence the difficulty. Oh well, nevermind.

We just play with whoever happens to be around the neighborhood court, so we rarely have enough people for a full game, not to mention that nobody has the physical condition and willpower to run back and forth. Usually it's 2vs2 or 3vs3 using one basket and half the court, hence the difficulty. Oh well, nevermind.

(Remember that I don't sport) could you math the distance using half the court?

Spoiler

I'm setting up a basketball game with some friends on Thursday. There will be plenty of running around, but unfortunately I cannot measure it or in any way take advantage for the challenge. Oh well...

I'm guessing you do not leave your phone in your pocket, otherwise, you could use a app like endomondo or runkeeper to track your distance.

Can somone please add me to the spreadsheet? I have an old version of internet explorer at work, and although I can see the spreadsheet I am unable to edit it. Being an "s" I am heading east. On Monday I ran 5.45km and today I ran 5.46km. Thanks :onthego:

Got you added!

• Like 2

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Hey jstanlick - did you find our team on the spreadsheet?

You bet!

If there's another west bound Ranger looking for a team, we still have an opening left.

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Team name would be cool. Not feeling very creative at the moment though . . .

Sent from a Galaxy, far, far away

Agreed but I too am lacking in the creative juices.

You bet!

If there's another west bound Ranger looking for a team, we still have an opening left.

Yes! <Climbs to top of nearest tree and shouts> Any west bound rangers want to join our awesomeness?!?!

Just logged in another 2.29 mile run (4.58 walking equivalent) and a 0.7 mile cool down.  We're better than 1/2 way to 50 miles!! Go team!!

Half/Ogre, Ranger Level 0

STR: 0, Dex: 0, STA: 0, Con: 0, WIS: 0, CHA: 0

2 miles jogging/walking this morning with 5x50 meter sprints.  I'll try to get the spreadsheet tonight. 

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 4 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2021 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

I jumped in a boat and rowed 2.8km clockwise (west to north) around the island.      But I'm a little confused about my teammates... should I just be adding my name to an empty slot on the west side teams?

After disembarking near the mouth of a small stream, I began to ran through the open fields I found nearby.    I continued running for 3.09 miles while I could've sworn I heard zombies chasing me from time to time which caused me to cover that distance more quickly.   I never saw any of these zombies so it might have just been in my head.

• Like 3

Level 3 Halfling Ranger

First Challenge  Bodyweight Challenge

STR: 6.5 | DEX: 4.5 | CON: 5 | STA: 4.6 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 1

You bet!

Meeeeeeeee! Pick me pick me!

...actually already added myself to the spreadsheet hehe. Though I'm not sure how many miles I'll get this week (foot injury), perhaps this will motivate me to hop on the bike...ooooh or swim.

• Like 1

#1 #2 #3 #3.1 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #13.5 #14 #15 #16 # 17 #18 #19 #20 #21

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Level 18 Pixie Ranger

somehow i missed this new mini thread :(

sorry i'm late to the party? is it too late for me?

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

@kzacher - Jump on the spreadsheet and help us scout the island! Glad you're here!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

...actually already added myself to the spreadsheet hehe. Though I'm not sure how many miles I'll get this week (foot injury), perhaps this will motivate me to hop on the bike...ooooh or swim.

We can hobble along together bc my back still is super sore and stiff!

Sent from a Galaxy, far, far away

Atlantean Ranger

Epic Quest Level 4

"Remember - I'm still the king of the Seven Seas!  And if I wish I can command all the creatures of the sea to attack you - at once!"

@kzacher - Jump on the spreadsheet and help us scout the island! Glad you're here!

added myself to @Kobnach and @AlyssHeart 's group. i'll log at least a mile today :)

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Welcome to the team! TEAM AWESOME will Walk, Run, Bike, Swim, Hobble or Crawl our way around this @#$%@ island!!!

• Like 3

Half/Ogre, Ranger Level 0

STR: 0, Dex: 0, STA: 0, Con: 0, WIS: 0, CHA: 0

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines