The Island | Ranger Mini Challenge FINISHED

Hammlin

i feel like we're corrupting this thread

We totally are. Thankfully the others are too polite :D

I must say East and West teams are covering a lot of ground on this island.

About time we scouted it in its entirety, can't be doing the same thing every challenge. Come to think of it, it would be smarter to go scouting after rescuing Redbeard, instead of returning south and then scouting again. Oh well, guess we needed the break after those imps!

• Like 3

ShadowLiion.  Once again I can't get to Google docs.  I managed 1.3 mile walk yesterday... sorry its not much... can you add that for me?

Also if you want to substitute one of these really active mover type rangers for me, I'm totally cool with that.  I'll continue to meander along, but in this heat running and walking is sidelined for air conditioning in the dojo. 

I still haven't managed to motivate myself to doing the running thing before dawn.  I'm working on it... I just am so not the morning person.

Wounded Jenn still wounded. ... zombie helped me get into need this morning and said "I don't think your foot is supposed to be that shade of bluish black is it mum?" No zombie it's not. ... stupid foot

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Hey Beaucastle, I am not much of a morning person either and I am stuck in the Florida heat in the afternoons. Have you considered late night running? I feel that it is a good mix of starting off warm enough that you are miserable warming up, and then cool enough by the end that you aren't bathing in your own sweat from working out and fighting the heat.  Just something I have found that works for me, but the only negative thing I have found is that I postpone dinner until after my run late at night and am absolutely starving.

Half-elven Ranger

Current Challenge: Jumpin' back in the fray

2 miles of walking, 1 mile of sprints :-) can't edit the doc from my phone :-(

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Joining in!

(Finally...shush, you)

I've got a half-mile this week already, looking forward to adding a bit more for my Ranger pals. Go Ranger!

• Like 2

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

Ran 3.58 miles this morning. Add that on top of FortBacon's distance and our team has made it over 50 miles. Sweet!!

• Like 1

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Ok apparently, I've been carrying my boat all this way too (must be a very light kayak or something).   Turned out good because I came across a sizable inlet... it would been much further to go around by land, but I rowed the 1.6 miles instead.

Was going to get out and run ahead from this point, but I fell asleep in the boat and drifted away from shore.    Had to row back 1k.

• Like 1

Level 3 Halfling Ranger

First Challenge  Bodyweight Challenge

STR: 6.5 | DEX: 4.5 | CON: 5 | STA: 4.6 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 1

Hey Beaucastle, I am not much of a morning person either and I am stuck in the Florida heat in the afternoons. Have you considered late night running? I feel that it is a good mix of starting off warm enough that you are miserable warming up, and then cool enough by the end that you aren't bathing in your own sweat from working out and fighting the heat.  Just something I have found that works for me, but the only negative thing I have found is that I postpone dinner until after my run late at night and am absolutely starving.

In Florida too....  My running track is not lit well.  Its along a fairly deserted stretch of highway.  Should anything happen... I'm isolated.    These are not great conditions for a female alone.... even with the dogs I'm not much better.  None of them weigh more than 26 lbs... and would be more apt to run out into traffic than anything else.

Sandylion we still have a slot open.

Sorry RMKWilson, I didn't see this reply! Thanks for the invite, but now your team is full and I just put myself on another team with an empty slot.

Thanks anyway!

• Like 1

“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.â€- Mahatma Gandhi

In Florida too....  My running track is not lit well.  Its along a fairly deserted stretch of highway.  Should anything happen... I'm isolated.    These are not great conditions for a female alone.... even with the dogs I'm not much better.  None of them weigh more than 26 lbs... and would be more apt to run out into traffic than anything else.

No problem with staying safe first and foremost; stay strong!

Half-elven Ranger

Current Challenge: Jumpin' back in the fray

I recommend collapsible batons. Just the SCHICCCK they make when you whip 'em open is a deterrent.

And as an added bonus, you can swat mosquitoes with them. :)

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

gidday skip! strewth cobba!

For initiation you have to eat 5 tablespoons of vegemite :tongue:

Welcome to the party mate :)

erm.... vegemite!! Do I have to eat it all at once, or can I *spread* it out over the course of a day or so??? :tongue:

Thanks!! :D

Also, I added some more kms! Go team!

LyricalSharon

~Hobbit with the heart of an Amazon~

LVL 4 STR 7 DEX 1.5 STA 8.75 CON 5 WIS 3.5 CHA 3

I'm getting this road on the show... 

This is so much cooler than [insert diet program]

Battle Log Current Challenge

Team average joe: at mile 45 and about 5 miles inward you have located a huge waterfall system...

Team rmkwilson: about 62 miles north and 15 miles in you located a massive field of red flowers, and ponies! (6 of them!)

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Team average joe: at mile 45 and about 5 miles inward you have located a huge waterfall system...

Team rmkwilson: about 62 miles north and 15 miles in you located a massive field of red flowers, and ponies! (6 of them!)

Woop woop, rotisserie pony leg for dinner :tyrannosaurus:

• Like 4

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Hey everyone!

I'm going to be walking about 5 km today (had a grocery store run before work) but my ankles being a bit persnickety. I just added myself to an empty group for the westies. Hopefully I'll be up and running in no time (literally, I would like to go for a run this weekend) but we shall see!

Race: Dwarf Class: Ranger Level: 3

STR: 9 | DEX: 7 | STA: 9 | CON: 6 | WIS: 9 | CHA: 8

Current-5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you

From my bag of holding I pull out my pony costume, I think like a pony, act like a pony and sidle up to the pony that looks the slowest.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

I will get to the map as soon as I have my challenge spreadsheet done...I am on a deadline!

Ponies might be useful for getting through the mountains. Just sayin'. Maybe we have some Ranger mages around who could  tame them down a little.

med_gallery_17054_1285_70034.jpg

I know, I know. With so many paleo types around, there's not much red meat, except for those stringy, smelly, gamey-tasting imps...but, dang we're rangers!

Snares, bow and arrows, plenty of small game. Save the ponies!

• Like 3

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines